“Been going for years” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 360 Restaurants in York
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have been voted York's #1 Restaurant, many times, for many years. We home make all of our soups, chop our own fresh salads, prepare the quickest/freshest breakfasts, sandwiches, dinners and late night meals in town.
Dover, Pennsylvania
“Been going for years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great place to go for breakfast as prices are average and the portions are good , we have kept coming here for breakfast since we stopped in once on vacation before moving to the area and love it..
Dinner is just as good ,but i think of it as a place to come to for good food when i can not be bothered to cook at home....
But the food is always good ,staff are always friendly and the prices are average for a diner!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

York, PA
“Rusty under the rim”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have eaten at Round the Clock Diner many times over the years. The last time I was there with my mother, we opened the grated cheese container and discovered rust under the entire top. Yuck! Since then we have not been back.

Visited August 2012
York, Pennsylvania
“Great for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped in with a business associate for breakfast... great service, healthy portions, nice selection... albeit the decor is a little dated... but that just adds to the "diner" experience in my view... shows that the place is busy and popular. Eggs over easy cooked perfectly... excellent home fries with onions... huge portion of bacon. Can't speak to non-breakfast items, but I definitely would visit again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Down-Home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This diner is very deceptive from the road; it is huge inside. It seems to be very popular, too, although I’m not sure why. I ordered the special, “chicken pot pie.” It was really chicken and dumplings: lots of dumplings and very little chicken. The dish of ice cream I ordered was full of ice crystals. I would have returned it, but by that time, my waitress had disappeared. She was obviously overworked.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. I think this might be a good place for breakfast.
2. Route 30 (Arsenal Rd.) is a nightmare. No left turns except at traffic lights. The problem is, there are no U-turns allowed at traffic lights. Believe it or not, you have to take a RIGHT turn, go down the street and turn around in a parking lot. Great planning, York!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“Good but Options are limited because of prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We decided to check out Round the Clock Diner after taking in an Imax 3-D movie one evening. It was around 9:30pm, which certainly fits in the "round the clock" portion of this experience.

I ordered a chicken sandwich with fries (8.50) and my wife also order a sandwich, though I can't remember what it was. I felt the menu was somewhat limited because there weren't a lot of "diner prices." In one section, you had moderately priced sandwiches and then in another section, you could order a $18 steak. Not really the kind of diner you are expecting when you walk in.

The people were relatively friendly, but don't go in expecting a true diner experience. It definitely hits more of the restaurant feel these days and the menu isn't going to blow you away.

• Visited December 2012