“Rusty under the rim” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 398 Restaurants in York
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have been voted York's #1 Restaurant, many times, for many years. We home make all of our soups, chop our own fresh salads, prepare the quickest/freshest breakfasts, sandwiches, dinners and late night meals in town.
York, PA
“Rusty under the rim”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have eaten at Round the Clock Diner many times over the years. The last time I was there with my mother, we opened the grated cheese container and discovered rust under the entire top. Yuck! Since then we have not been back.

Visited August 2012

York, Pennsylvania
“Great for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped in with a business associate for breakfast... great service, healthy portions, nice selection... albeit the decor is a little dated... but that just adds to the "diner" experience in my view... shows that the place is busy and popular. Eggs over easy cooked perfectly... excellent home fries with onions... huge portion of bacon. Can't speak to non-breakfast items, but I definitely would visit again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Down-Home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This diner is very deceptive from the road; it is huge inside. It seems to be very popular, too, although I’m not sure why. I ordered the special, “chicken pot pie.” It was really chicken and dumplings: lots of dumplings and very little chicken. The dish of ice cream I ordered was full of ice crystals. I would have returned it, but by that time, my waitress had disappeared. She was obviously overworked.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. I think this might be a good place for breakfast.
2. Route 30 (Arsenal Rd.) is a nightmare. No left turns except at traffic lights. The problem is, there are no U-turns allowed at traffic lights. Believe it or not, you have to take a RIGHT turn, go down the street and turn around in a parking lot. Great planning, York!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa, Arizona
“Good but Options are limited because of prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We decided to check out Round the Clock Diner after taking in an Imax 3-D movie one evening. It was around 9:30pm, which certainly fits in the "round the clock" portion of this experience.

I ordered a chicken sandwich with fries (8.50) and my wife also order a sandwich, though I can't remember what it was. I felt the menu was somewhat limited because there weren't a lot of "diner prices." In one section, you had moderately priced sandwiches and then in another section, you could order a $18 steak. Not really the kind of diner you are expecting when you walk in.

The people were relatively friendly, but don't go in expecting a true diner experience. It definitely hits more of the restaurant feel these days and the menu isn't going to blow you away.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunderland, Maryland
“Good Diner Food, Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here on a Saturday night while staying up the road in a hotel for the night in York. When walking in, the place is definitely a typical diner. It could probably use a bit of a makeover: some of the booth seats are cracked or worn, but it's not terrible.

The service here was great. Our waitress was prompt, quick, and positive.

I ordered the special chicken stir fry, which came with a tossed salad. The salad was pretty simple, with iceberg lettuce and a few other vegetables. But the stir fry was gigantic! The chickens probably wasn't of the best quality, but there was tons of it along with peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms. It was served over rice and had a flavorful sauce on it. It was a lot of food for the price!

My girlfriend got the three hot cakes which were huge and she said they tasted good enough.

Overall, this place is above average, especially for a diner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere