“Not a great choice” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in York
West Milford, United States
“Not a great choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only the locaitin is great. The rooms are getting shabby. The breakfast was quite poor, packaged danish, cereal, the standard make your own waffels and warm yogurt. This used to be a very nice place to stay but unless things change I will not return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Warren, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It's located just off Route 30, so it's easily accessible and easy to find. Check in was quick and easy, and the front desk girl was helpful and courteous. We had a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor. Unfortunately, we were in room 316. Rooms 301 thru 315 are smoking rooms, and the cigarette smell in the hallway was almost overpowering. Once we got into our room, the smell was gone.

Our bed was comfortable, but a heavier blanket would have been nice. We were also quite pleased at the size of the room. Though we didn't use it, the couch with a foldaway nice. The room also came with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was small, but clean, and the water pressure was FANTASTIC! Overall the room was clean and comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was OK. Nothing special, but nice to have available. There is also ample free parking.

There were a lot of contractors staying at the hotel, and it would be nice if management would chase them to an acceptable distance when they're smoking outside. Several times we walked the gauntlet of 5 or 6 smoking on the ramp/stairs leading to the front entry.

There was work being done on the closed restaurant out front. I checked the sign, and it said a Quaker Steak and Lube would be opening in the spring of 2014.

A good value. Some rooms at other hotels you wouldn't want to stay in more than one night. Our room was perfectly acceptable for multiple nights.

Room Tip: It appears the first floor is all non-smoking. I would try to get on a hallway that doesn't sha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home away from home. We hope that you will come back soon! We do apologize for the rudeness of the other guest. There is a designated area for the smoker's to smoke their cigarettes but unfortunately sometimes people do not realize what an inconvenience it may be to another person. Once again we do apologize.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked a room because we had lost our power and was on our second day without and we did not know when power would be restored because thousands in the area were without power due to an ice storm. I booked the room early to ensure availability, I actually booked the last room. That day right after I walked out of the hotel after checking in , the power company called to say that my power was restored. I tried to get a refund but Best western would not give me a refund, even though there was still plenty of people without power trying to find a room. I understand refund policy however this was extenuating circumstances. I asked to see a manager and was told there was none on duty( 2pm), I even asked if perhaps instead of a refund I could get a voucher a future stay and was told that they could not do that. I

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014

Hershey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed because of inclement weather and this hotel is near my employer. For the price paid, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spare but clean. All the items were in working order. The bed was comfortable and the heating efficient. I will stay again when I have a need to remain in town near my employer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel is very convenient to the Fairgrounds which was where I had business. Room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was what one would expect for a continental although there was a waffle maker. Staff was very friendly. One thing - there is no automatic door into the lobby so it was a bit difficult getting luggage in and out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again! We do apologize for the inconvenience of the lobby door not being automatic, however to add to your delight - management has been working with vendors for last 6 months to get this project started and completed !

Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Lots of construction going on around the hotel and the hotel parking lot is not well lit. It's very dirty and dark by the front entrance. Looked like an industrial area. The walk in rate is reasonable. The rooms are older and dated. There is a fridge and microwave in the room. There were not enough outlets to charge phones etc. in the room. There is a laundry room with washer and dryer. Free continental breakfast in the morning was standard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

The TGIF restaurant next door shut down a few weeks ago and the new steak house management and construction team has been working rigorously to get the new restaurant started asap! However, we do understand construction can get a bit obstructing for travelers at times and we do apologize for that.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for my daughter's volleyball tournament in York, PA. Overall we are happy with our stay. The staff was friendly and service was prompt when I had a drainage issue in the shower. I'd recommend this hotel. The only reason I did not rate this hotel excellent is the fact there is the smell of smoke in the hallways, and the ice machine did not work at the first floor. Another issue was that the fitness water was not always available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again! We do apologize for the few inconveniences through you stay. The issues have been addressed with the respective departments.

BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn? Share your experiences!