“Superior Service and Savory Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham York

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham York to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham York
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 State Street, Arsenal Rd. and N. George St, York, PA 17401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in York
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Superior Service and Savory Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

There are so many hotels like this in York and across the land. How to stand out? These guys earned the loyalty of one of my travel companions and I wanted to find out why. What I discovered first was service. My phone did not work for my wake up call so the overnight auditor personally came to my room and knocked the next morning (Thank you). The other part of my stay clearly above average was breakfast. It was billed as continental but I was pleasantly surprised to find eggs, bacon and potatoes too. Started my day on a positive note along with the final surprise - - complimentary Wall St. Journal (Thanks for spoiling me). Finally, I think they're smart. The hotel is close to the interstate (83) but it is just off, not on, the state road. Still easy to find but maybe they paid a little less for the land? I call that smart. Almost forgot one - - room was squeaky clean. For balance - - pillow a little thick so I had a little soreness in my neck in the morning. Hey, no one's perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WingateYork, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham York, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us from the cleanliness of our hotel to the wonderful service my co-workers offer.

The Wingate Hotel's staff strives to provide the BEST for our guests when they stay with us and I am happy to see this was followed through and we will continue this service.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to York PA!

Warmly
Cindi Wycheck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were house hunting and wanted to stay down in York for the weekend. We found Wingate to be extremely reasonably priced and located right off 30 and 83 also near a lot of restaurants and stores. There was a pool and we were very disappointed that we didn't bring out swimwear. Also enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning. The room was extremely cozy and everything we needed! I'd recommend it to family and friends who come to visit us in the future! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

An excellent stay as usual. Although the top floor was under a deep cleaning, I had requested it and was graciously accommodated. A small communication error was corrected quickly. The staff went above their duty to make us comfortable. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was coming into York for a family wedding so this hotel was the perfect location. Overall my experience was excellent. Everything was right about my reservation, room, and check in/out . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the York area if they are looking for a clean, extremely comfortable room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Been to Wingate by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!