“Food is bland” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
York, Pennsylvania
“Food is bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

ordered corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes. totally flavorless and corned beef was hard and tuff (not slow cooked long enough) This place does have crabs worth buying though. Just steer clear of the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

pa
“St. Patrick's Day dinner - never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My father in law drove a distance to visit us on this day. Upon arrival as we walked to enter the restaurant, there was a puddle of what appeared to be "green puke" by the door. That should have been our first sign. My husband and FIL ordered the corned beef with cabbage and they said it was "ok". My son and I ordered the stuffed shrimp, with baked potato and salad. We had to ask for rolls, which were hard as a rock and when we asked for softer butter, we were told there was none, other than "greasy stuff". It just came out of the freezer. The baked potato was so burned, I couldn't cut through it with a steak knife. The shrimp smelled terrible and the crab stuffing was loaded with mayonnaise. When I asked for a water refill, it took about 10 minutes to get her to refll it and the place was not busy at that time.

The whole restaurant and bar only has 2 single restrooms for both men and women and eventually, the lineup was getting long. I would agree with another review that this place needs to be steam cleaned and redecorated.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luzerne, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate in the dining room which was very clean and very quiant.The food was very good and the price was just as good.Our waitress was very friendly.I will be coming back to this place and bringing friends with me.

Visited September 2012
York, Pennsylvania
“nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

this place was awful, the service sucked, the food was flavorless, we even had to go hunt the shelves for our utensils, we were there for 3 hours, 45 min was just to get the check and pay, I can tolerate bad service if the food is good but this was not the case. the place should be steam cleaned. food should have been tested before serving. took 45 min to get our appetizers. waitress never bothered to clear away any plates, never came back to check on us at all. we were entertaining an out of town guest. I was truly disgusted by this place. Tables and chairs were sticky and tacky.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wait staff tried but just couldn't keep up. Apparantly management has a skeleton staff working and we overwhelmed them. Waitress was apologetic but it wasn't her fault. Kitchen staff was mediochre and our appetizer arrived after our meal.
My entree was burnt outside and raw inside. Waitress took that off the check but seems like this place could you use a better manager and kitchen team.

Visited June 2012

Been to Kelly's Inn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kelly's Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.