“More upscale than one might think.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 398 Restaurants in York
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, Pennsylvania
“More upscale than one might think.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

(*Note: Have the Cream of Crab Soup, you will not regret it. )My fiancé and I have recently relocated to the area, and went out to dinner with my parents while they visited us for the first time. We quick found this place on TripAdvisor, seemed to have decent ratings. Do not be fooled by the name "Tavern", this place is VERY classy. Their regular dinner menu looked great (Entrees starting at $20) but we were more in the mood for a quick pub bite so we opted for the pub menu (half the price of regular dinner menu). They have an extensive wine and cocktail list, I myself imbibed with a craft brew. Dinner rolls were hot and delicious, and please do yourself a favor and have the Cream of Crab soup, which they are famous for. My fiancé had BBQ wings, standard but fresh, I opted for an open face roast beef sandwich ( a dry roast beef, not one dripping with some vague gravy) and they were both spectacular. A nice place for either upscale dining or a relaxed pub bite. Our server was extraordinarily attentive. Overall great impression, looking forward to going back for a special occasion for their more upscale menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
byron k, Owner at Roosevelt Tavern, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback & review. I am glad you had an enjoyable dining experience with us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Husband and I took our three boys out for a special evening. Service was amazing! Menu was wonderful, great choices for all ages. Kids had a real great time which makes it even better for us. The music just added the right touch to a nice out.
Will be back many more times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My sister and I went for lunch there and had a great time. We check out restaurants for our Sister outings. The atmosphere was very nice, the welcome was warm and the service was great. The food was really good. I will definitely be going back often. Can't wait to go for dinner and check out there dinner menu!! I want to check out one of their deserts too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“An enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to the Roosevelt for a late lunch and this was our first visit to the restaurant. It will certainly not be our last. The ambiance was attractive, the service was excellent, the food was tasty, and the menu was varied. We will certainly go back to enjoy this restaurant again!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York
“As Great as I remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I lived in York during high school and my parents would take me here for "Special Dinners". I am back in York again and had the chance to have a business dinner with about 15 persons. The staff was awesome, worked with our team on a great limited menu and my filet with seasonal root vegetables and mashed potatoes was fabulous. I classic dinner cooked to perfection. I am going to come back for date night.

• Visited January 2014