“Over priced mediocre to bad food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lewes, Delaware
“Over priced mediocre to bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a gift cert so we visited on our anniversary. The place appears fancier then our local steak house so we had hoped it be a cut above but was not. Our steaks were dry coarse and tough with no flavor diff' from my filet mignon to his strip steak. My side scallops were tiny dried up and very expensive. The place appeared dirty and yet the staff was standing around chatting the whole time. I cant recc'd this to anyone, we will not go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“A wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Hampton, York and The Embers was recommended. We invited another couple to meet us there for lunch. The service by Jimmy was excellent. When he didn't know an answer to a question, he would find out. The owner is on the scene Abe she is very pleasant and makes sure that all is better than just OK. We will certainly be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great steak and fresh never frozen seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

It was a great date night out. We shared the seafood app and both had excellent steak! It has a dinner atmosphere and there is plenty of parking. The owner stopped by the table to ask how everything was. You don't see that often. Two thumbs up from us.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Wonderfully cordial bar -- sadly, not gourmet fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was much impressed by the staff and clientele in this homey place in a city neighborhood. Lots of chat, laughter and good fellowship.The bar waitress was especially helpful in making menu selections and suggesting alternative items. Although not especially great food, it was certainly as tasty and wholesome as the chain restaurants - and much more pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Terrible is too good a word for how I felt when I left tonight.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

OK, it is Valentine's Day, and I expected the restaurant to be very busy. But, I never expected what I experienced tonight.

We called and made reservations so that we would be able to get a table. I arrived at the restaurant about 15 minutes early. It's a good thing, you see there isn't enough parking, and I had to wait over 10 minutes until someone left so that I could get a parking space.

We were (sort of) greeted by a not too friendly person, and after only 10 minutes, we were seated. It took us over 10 more minutes until we even received our menus. The rest of the service was no speedier (I know, Valentine's day).

When we finally received our dinners, 40 minutes after ordering, they looked delicious. I thought that it was probably worth the wait. Unfortunately, not.

The Crab cake tasted like something out of a grocery store freezer. The baked potatoes tasted like they came out of a microwave. The broccoli was seriously over cooked. And the Steak Diane and a strange after-taste. I do have to say that the dinner rolls were very good.

Overall, I was dissatisfied, but nothing prepared me for what happened next. I tried to pay with a gift certificate that my daughter had given me for Christmas. The waitress took the certifacate and came back a few minutes later and said that they wouldn't accept a gift certificate because it was a holiday. I re-read the certificate, and there's no mention of holidays any where on it. What was even more upsetting is that the owners/managers didn't have the common courtesy to come talk to me themselves, they just sent a tired over-worked waitress to do their dirty work.

Please find somewhere to spend your money.

• Visited February 2013