“Decent Highway Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in York
iupato
“Decent Highway Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stopped late at night on our way to upstate NY and found this little motel a perfect place to get a little shut-eye. Quick in and out, rooms are clean, lady who checked us in was very pleasant and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend the little pizza place next door, Mexitaly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Checked out after twenty minutes!! We were tired and just looking for something close to the highway!!! Smelled horrid! Then saw the bugs!!! Three beside bed...a few ran under phone then saw more by microwave! Manager did refund and apologize..regardless that place some serious pest control!

• Stayed November 2012
harrisburg Pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

get a room away from the elevator! And if they tell you its a no smoking room check it out first , the guy before me must of been a heavy smoker!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I had a recommendation for this hotel/motel and was seriously disappointed for the price. The place nickels and dimes you to death with $5.00 charge for Wi-fi and .25 for ice. When they told me I had room #120 they said it was "nice". Well if nice means grandma's faded pink chairs and the tiniest TV for a hotel known to man I guess that means nice. I suppose they tried by putting pink sheets on the beds and it looked like they tried to update the bathroom. The flowing waterfall/fountain outside was the only redeeming thing about this place. When I asked the owner where I could find a local spot for a good salad they had no idea and recommended Pizza Hut & Panera. ugh

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Rooms are clean, furniture is older, as said in another review pillows are not the best but the staff is friendly and pets are welcome. I had no problem being it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times. At first I thought the rooms were ok even though they could have been a little better "kept", but for the price they were adequote. However, the last time we stayed there, we were there for 4 days and 3 nights and our room was NEVER cleaned even though I called every day to remind them. By the time we got back, we were told each night that the cleaning staff was gone and that I had to go down to the lobby myself to get clean towels. When I checked out I asked to speak to the manager and I thought that seeing as we'd been there so many times in the past couple of months he would at least offer some kind of compensation (a free night in a clean room on our next visit would have been nice), all he said was that "he was on it". Basically I could tell he wasn't going to do anything. He told me he hoped it wouldn't "deter me" from coming back, but you can be sure I will NEVER go back there. I'd rather pay the $15 or $20 more a night to stay somewhere that will guarantee me a clean room (like the Hampton Inn).

Stayed September 2008
jbhyork, general manager at Budget Host Spirit of 76 Motel, responded to this review, December 15, 2008
Seriously disappointed , in response to the recent review please allow me to state the following facts. We are a small property and try to treat our costomers well , the housekeeping staff only works so many hours a day. When people leave their do not disturb sigh out all day , we honor their wishes.
FLORIDA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Price was good. Room furniture very old. New pillows and comforters needed for beds, VERY CLUMPY OR OLD pillows Sink has scum around the handle. . Mold was on ceiling above shower. Maids need to do a better job cleaning. But for the price what do you expect

• Liked — TV
  • Disliked — CLEANINESS
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Host Spirit of 76 Motel? Share your experiences!