“Cupcakes are unbelievable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 42 things to do in York
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Cupcakes are unbelievable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had only the cupcakes, and they were spectacular! They all looked so good that it was hard to choose, but I finally settled on the mint chocolate. It was delicious - fresh, moist and with real butter cream frosting. While we were in the store, several customers came by to pick up large orders. We took a peek at one, and holy cow! Macklin's can frost together a dozen or so cupcakes into the most clever arrangements. We are definitely going back!

Visited September 2013

york pa
“Taste good but pretty plain for "fancy" cupcakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Tuna on Texas toast special was excellent. A little disappointed by the cupcakes. Selection was minimal. They aren't big but rather the puny size you make at home. Some were decorated pretty and appealing to the eye but most were what I could do at home . They need to take notes from the fancier gourmet cupcake shops. When you look in the case you say "They look nice" but you should be saying "Wow! Yum! Can't wait!"

Visited July 2013
Mesa, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent cupcakes and now with a bigger menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Check out Macklins when you are in a "sweet" mood. Always have good choices to pick from. The prices are a little expensive for just a cupcake, but if you don't care about price, it's worth your time.

Recently when I went in I grabbed a French Toast Cupcake - blown away!

They have now added sandwiches and more drink options.

Visited January 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I can't vouch for everything they sell, but if you like cupcakes this is the place to go in the York area. My wife and I have tried cupcakes at various other places in the region, and nothing compares to Macklin's. The cupcakes are unbelievably most and fresh, and the flavor selection is varied and always changing. Plus the service is amazing. Whoever is working the counter is always friendly and helpful. Great cookies, too!

Visited July 2012
Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had a desire for something lemon and I thought they might have something to satisfy. I was right. Their lemon tart was very good, the crust was sweet and crispy. I will definately return