“Lame mini golf” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in York
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Lame mini golf”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This past weekend I took my two boys mini golfing at Heritage Hills. What a crappy experience. We drove up to the mini golf and there was a big sign out that you had to go down to the pro shop to purchase mini golf. When I got down to the pro shop the girl behind the counter said, oh we have someone manning the mini golf so you have to go back up there. So we trecked back up to the mini golf and one of us had to use the bathroom. Both bathrooms at the mini golf were out of service. So we had to treck to lobby toward the restaurant to use the bathroom. I got suckered into getting season passes when I visited Avalanche Express in March, everytime I visit Heritage Hills I leave disgusted! The mini golf isn't all that if you want a great mini golf experience go down a little further to the mini golf on Mt. Rose that you can see off of rt 83.Much nicer

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melissa H, Manager at Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
May 8, 2013
Dear JoAnn,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate that you took the time to let us know where we fell short. Service is very important to us and we will share this information with our staff.

Would you mind calling Kevin Pratte, our Recreation Operations Manager, at (717) 755-0123 x 602 to further discuss your recent experience?

Melissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

If I went back, I would not come early in the morning planning to snow-tube until check-in time. We arrived around 10:00 am and tried to check-in. They told us where we could pick up our tubing tickets so we could start, but to come back at 3:00 for the room (it wasn't ready yet). I wasn't expecting it to be ready at 10:00. The problem was that it was REALLY cold that day and there wasn't really a good place to warm up. They had fire pits, but they were very smokey and it was still pretty cold. We were happy when Knickers pub opened so we could warm up, get lunch, and yummy hot chocolate. If we went again, I would come at check-in time. Another issue we had is that I had requested a cot in our room for my son and I was told before I booked the reservation by the manager that they could provide an air mattress, no problem. But when I confirmed my reservation the night before and asked about the air mattress, I was told "we will mark it on your account, but nothing is guaranteed". Then after I checked in and there was no mattress, I called down to the front desk and was told, "they bring them around after all the rooms are cleaned." So by about 7:30 that night I called again to check on the air mattress and was told "we'll see what we can do". They brought me an air mattress, dropped off the sheets and bedding (I made the bed myself). The bed deflated before my son got back from night tubing. If I came back I would bring my own air mattress.

Other than those issues, it was really nice. We had a king suite, it was roomy and clean. There was no room safe and the sliding door between the bedroom and living room does not lock. When I asked about storing my luggage when we arrived, they said they didn't really have any place to put it, it was probably safer in the car.

Room Tip: The king suite did not face the snow tube slope (I think those rooms were 2 queens).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Melissa H, Manager at Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We certainly did not put our best foot forward. We have shared your feedback with our Management team and we are working on putting procedures in place to prevent this from happening in the future. Again, we apologize and we hope that you do return in the future.
Millerstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Reading some of the reviews, I was skeptical, but had a Groupon and it seemed like a fun outing with my kids. Checking in was trouble-free. We thought our room was nice enough and really clean. The sheets smelled fabulous - the bathroom was just a regular, old bathroom, but clean. The internet was slow, but I'm pretty used to that being the case with hotel wi-fi. Wasn't there for that any way. We got there the night it was snowing a lot and decided to wait until the next day to do the ice skating (we didn't have a package that included snow tubing). Our room faced the snow tubing hill and rink. That was pretty neat.

We chose to eat in the Ironwoods restaurant, accessible without leaving the hotel. They have "Small Plates" on their menu, which really means appetizers, but honestly, some of them were so different than what we normally see, we decided to each choose 2 and share. The portions were what you'd expect for an appetizer, but plenty to share considering how many we had. Plus - that was REALLY fun!! You do get bread with your dinner and water. They should actually capitalize on that idea in their establishment. The piano music was wonderful and eerily, the girls and I said it would be nice to hear something from Phantom and the very next song was "Music of the Night" - we thanked her, but she just accepted our thanks and said it just happened to be what she chose to play. Wow! The wait-staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hostess gave us a menu from them and also from the lower-level Knickers Pub to decide if we wanted to eat at either place, which I thought was really smart. Our waitress was wonderful!

We had a wake-up call, got showered and dressed and checked out before 10:30 a.m. They don't have room-service breakfast, only a breakfast buffet at the pub restaurant, but the concierge didn't know the price of it the night before and I assumed it would be typical. We chose to go to Denny's since I know the area (about 4-5 miles away), then went back and got checked in for skating. Skate rentals are $3/each additional and you must sign a waiver for skating, tubing or both. They have pvc-pipe cheater-guides you can use if you're not used to skating and the girls had a really good time. It was busy, but not terribly crowded. I think they had some birthday parties going. The only complaint they had was having to clear the ice for a long time while it was being cleaned, and apparently the zamboni driver didn't know how to use the equipment and took too long. $2/cup of hot chocolate before we left.

Note the passes they give you can be used on either day you're there and they have several packages available. We will be going back - I just hope the weather doesn't dump on me the whole way there again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I read some less than stellar reviews about this place so I was skeptical. I have to say now having visited that it's not bad. Staff was pleasant and the hotel was nice and clean. We had a mini-suite which may have been better than some rooms, but it was comfortable and clean.

The hotel layout is somewhat confusing with lots of walkways, and only one elevator was working, but we made do. The lunch restaurant was decent, but not exceptional. We enjoyed the outdoor activities (snow tubing and ice skating), but those facilities are aging and not particularly well maintained. And it's unusual for a hotel of this type ("Resort") to not have a pool. For what you get, and where it is this place is overpriced, but it was better than I expected from some of the other reviews.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melissa H, Manager at Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments with our management team. We hope you will come visit us again in the future.
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived at the resort on Sunday, 01/20/13 to take the kids (5,8,8 and 10) tubing and skating. Check in was delayed about an hour with little to no apolgies. The room was cozy and clean. The kids had a blast on Sunday. The lines were fair and the wait time was 5-10 minutes tops. We planned on watching the RAVENS game at Bogey McCall's until we learned that it was not on site at the resort, but a four minute drive away. We watched the game in the room instead. Breakfast at the restaurant was good and plentiful and reasonably priced. Tubing on Monday was not enjoyable due to the large crowd. There were only three slopes operating and it was a 20-25 minute wait in line. The real problem was the Xpress Pass offered by the resort for an additional $10 you could bypass the peons in line and go straight to the lift! Bad idea! Not fair and GREEDY. I understand you need to keep the resort profitable during the non-golf season and the tubing is a great way to do that, but purchasing "preferred status" is not right, I would go back again, but not on a holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. We will share your feedback about the snow tubing lines and delayed check-in with our staff to help us improve our operations in the future. Unfortunately weekends and holidays are our busiest times for snow tubing, but we are happy to hear that despite the wait times, you and your family enjoyed your time tubing. We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.
Clinton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Otherwise it was a small room at a high price. I've been to a Super Eight that had larger, better-appointed rooms.

The highlight, which I'll detail more on the restaurant page, is that we got room service from Knickers Pub. After trying to get through twice, they sent the food up very quickly and the price was reasonable for room service.

There was a microwave that didn't work and a fridge so small we could not even put bottled water in it without jamming it into the door. Who makes a fridge where stuff rolls out of it?

Another thing is not providing enough towels - two queen-sized beds and only two large (and I say large with a grin) towels?

We had to go due to a soccer tournament, hope we won't be forced to go back. PA Classics should rethink what hotels they recommend (and it was far from the games - thanks for that!). This was by no means a resort (except for the food!).

Room Tip: They are supposed to be identical unless you pay more. Typical hotel rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was here with a golfer friend early October. I am not a golfer but I am always willing to try something new. The room was nice and had a jacuzzi, fridge and microwave. Loved the outdoor bar/restaurant area overlooking the golf course. It was a little chilly but the heaters and outdoor fireplace made it quite comfy. I did not interact with any staff other than in the Pro Shop so I cannot comment on the rudeness from other reviews. Knickers Pub is a great little breakfast spot. The food and service were both very good. Room Service was quite good also. The golf course is beautiful and judging from my friends play, challenging. Be sure to visit Bogey Macaws Golf Course, their sister course about 2 miles away. They don't call it "Bogeys" for nothing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!