You added Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in York
Bucks County, PA
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at Heritage Hills in August, and like, other reviewers, booked this hotel under the impression it was a resort. The photo on their homepage is taken from the golf course. The hotel is set on the road, and resembles, well, a Hampton or Doubletree. Inside, that's pretty much what you get. It's fine, but unlike those chain hotels that cost half as much, you don't get any extras--no warm cookie, or free breakfast. Just a nice big room, like any other moderate hotel. Maybe a little bigger. Not worth the price, and NOT a resort. Very popular with wedding parties in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Broomall,Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at the Heritage Hills Resort in July,while in the York area for my daughter's basketball tournament. The resort is very nice and the rooms were clean and spacious. Probably not the best resort to stay if you are traveling with a youth sports team. The hotel is not really equipped with an area for the kids to hang out or just regroup.There is no pool on site but rather you are given a guest pass for a neighborhood swim club. The front desk employees seemed to get annoyed when we would meet in the lobby before leaving for our games, even though the girls were very quiet and respectful. The resort was on the list of hotels associated with the tournament, but should really not be included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New Freedom, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

From executing our golf event with more than 300 guests to providing rooms at a moments notice, Heritage Hills provides the most impeccable service of any hotel/resort that I have stayed at in in many years. Every request was met with a smile and "how can we help you." I highly recommend it for both personal and business gatherings as well as a wonderful place to get away from it all with that special someone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oradell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Upon occasion last week I needed to travel to York, Pa for business. After researching the area I chose to make a reservation at Heritage Hills Golf & Resort. During this particular business trip I brought my son. What a great 3 days. First, I would recommend this hotel facility to those traveling on business, a leisure stay or just passsing through.

My other considerations were the Marriott Courtyard and Hampton. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff at the check in counter. Our room was decorated nicely and not cramped like some of the other chain hotels or motels. We arrived in the evening time and decided to grab a meal on premise. Heritage has two restaurants on premise and another about 5 minutes away. We dined at their pub called Knickers. The food was great, service excellent. One of the nice differences between this property and others in the area is that you can dine inside or outside, Watching the sun come down out on their patio while eating was awesome. We met several other groups of business people who told us that they tried to get into the Marriott Coutyard nearby, it was overbooked. The Marriott suggested Heritage. The people we met were on business from Florida, St. Louis and Chicago. All three agreed they would come back anytime they came to York, Pa.

The conference room, St. Andrews, was an inviting place to hold a meeting during the day. I chose to have my son spend a golf day with the Pro, Bill, who was exceptional with kids. They hit the driving range, went out on the course and had a DVD made of him working on his swing.

Dinner the second night was at their more formal resturant Ironwoods. Air conditioned with a view overlooking the golf course. It could not get better. The view definitely made the meals more relaxing and enjoyable rather than sitting inside a storefront or building. The food again was great. They had fish, steak, chicken and assorted other meals. They even had small plates to choose from. I had a glass of wine, the salmon dinner and a small plate as an appetizer. My son the chicken. Both dishes were presented nice, service attentive and priced not to expensive. The chef (Dan) came out once or twice while we dined to greet the customers. Very nice touch.

After dinner my son and I enjoyed a competitive round of minature golf. Nice size 18 holes. He won as expected. We went back to Knickers for some ice cream and closed out the evening.

One more day to go. My last day started early with a work out at 6:30am up the hill at their fitness center. Great machines, free weights, treadmills and classes later in the morning. I chose to have breakfast out on the patio over looking the golf course. Again, beautiful view, air was crsip. It was cool and quiet. Breakfast choices were ala carte or buffet. I choose the buffet. It was adequate and quick.

My son on this day would go for tennis lessons outdoors and hang out at a swim club that the hotel is affilifated with. All guests have access to the club. I think is open till 8:00pm. I continued my meetings on premise and found all staff helpful. We had lunch served in the meeting room. Very convenient. Anything on Knickers menu was fair game.

That evening we chose to go over to their other restaurant "Bogeys" about 5 minutes away. Another great find, informal and great for kids. As a warm up before dinner my son went into their game room. This was like "Chucky Cheese" on steriods and also made for adults. What a great surprise. I could not tear him away from racing car games and others. Outside we had a soda and beer before dinner at thier newly renovated bar called the "Roost". Nice concept. The garage doors go up and it feels like your hanging out at a surf club or the beach. There are also outside tables overlooking a second golf course. We had burgers and pizza for dinner.

Last night a re-match on the mini-golf course. This time I won.

I would come back to Heritage many times over as a businessman, team leader for a retreat, family vacation or just passing through. A fantastic find and the only place I would stay in this area.

Room Tip: Upon arrival ask for an oversized room if available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I love going to Heritage for all their services. The spa gives wonderful massages! The room is very clean and the beds are so comfy! The golf courses are my favorites in York. The restuarants have great food & drinks, the fried asparagus is the best appetizer & my favorite salad is the mediterranean. But the most important thing to me is having great service, I could go on and on about the service at Heritage. I have worked on an event with the sales staff and "no" is not in their vocabulary, they took care of everything for us. The pro shop is the friendliest and most accommodating of any I've been too. The restuarant and patio are awesome, the staff, I have a few favorites, but they are all very nice and remember you when you come back again! Even when it is packed in there, if you have a concern a manager will come take care of it for you, so you leave there happy! I would highly recommend all the services at Heritage Hills to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
York Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently used Heritage for a rather large charity event we were having. The staff there went above and beyond to help with our every need. Most of the time asking us what they could do, even before we asked for help!
Ive eaten at Knickers and Ironwoods many times & always have great food, drinks & service.
The golf course was beautiful and well kept, and my son always loves their mini-golf as well.
I cannot comment on Tubing, as I have not done that yet.
As a family, I also spend a lot of time at Bogey McCaws, also owned by Heritage Hospitality. I love the food and drink specials there as well, and my son has a blast in the Kids Section. I cant say that the service is as great there as it is at Heritage, but it is still good!
I'm happy to see Heritage take over the gym next door, and am anxious to see the great changes and upgrades this will make!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Heritage Hills is a great place! They have everything from snow tubing to golf and their food is amazing! The staff took excellent care of us and everyone was very accommodating and friendly! I would recommend Heritage Hills to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!