“okay hotel for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 24 hotels in York
New York
“okay hotel for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

the hotel was easy enough to find, and parking was plentiful. all of our room location requests were honored. the room itself was decent, but the furniture looks dated. the microwave and minifridge were nice. the laundry on site is convenient but costly at $6 a wash. the gym could use some updating and a few of the weight machines need repairs. the lobby is nice looking and the hotel is clean. the staff is friendly and helpful, especially matt. the breakfast is $10 unless its with a package rate. the waitress in the breakfast area seemed very overwhelmed even though the people were calm and not asking for anything. it was kind of fun to watch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent the weekend with my family for a birthday gathering it was great and the staff was amazing. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I travel constantly for work so I stay in a different hotel pretty much every week. This week I was in York, PA for business, and was booked into the Sheraton Four Points. The first impression wasn't great because it took about 15 min to check in. Apparently the poor girl at the front desk got caught up with a guy who wanted to talk about a charge on his credit card from a stay in early December. It was around 8:30 at night, and he wouldn't let her off the phone. Annoying after a 6 hour drive, but not the end of the world. She did check me in quickly after a guy, who was all so waiting yelled at her. I felt he was a bit of a jerk, and didn't need to get so huffy so quickly. There was never more than 1 person operating the front desk, which for a hotel this size is a bit ridiculous. Once checked in I retired to my room which was very tasteful. I loved the hardwood floors in the room entry. The bathroom was clean, and had spacious. The sink faucets were very difficult to get "right". It seemed like there was either no pressure or fire hose, and really nothing in between. The temp was either cold or scalding, and not much in between. It's more the design of the faucet than anything. Whoever decided on that model really dropped the ball. The beds were clean and comfortable. The lights over the bed were florescent which I despise, but the standing lamp was regular. The television was fine, but I used it rarely. I was in this room for 5 days, and all in all had a pleasant stay. I liked the staff a lot, some more than others. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are non-smoking so that is not an issue. I was near the elevator, and wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
McLean Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here the other night. Giant facility, prison guard lights in the parking lot.
Room was a good size. Sheets on the bed were wrinkled, towels were in a basket under the sink, toilet paper was rough, the sink faucet has only one handle and the hot/cold direction and force is more difficult to figure out that necessary.

Breakfast has a nice variety but eggs appear to be made from powder. Pretty pricey as well.

All first world problems, but that is where I live.

Even though my individual ratings for each area were higher than two dots, the overall impact was two dots.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Will return if -and only if- a non-connecting room is available. The door between our room and the neighbor was absolutely not sound-proof. It seemed to be more sound-conductive! The second night we were there, the neighbors checked in after we were in bed. We were repeatedly awakened by their severe coughing, nose-blowing and vomiting ALL NIGHT LONG. The second person in the other room was also on the phone from about 6am. The first night had been blissfully quiet.

Otherwise, we loved this hotel.

We checked in on a cold, cold (to this Southern girl!) rainy night. The front desk girl, Dominique, went out of her way to take care of little shivering me. There was complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby, but I don't drink those, so she offered to get hot chocolate for me, and did. That's great customer service! A maintenance worker, James, saw me standing alone with my luggage as my husband moved the car, and asked if I needed help. We saw him several times during our stay and he was always friendly and helpful.

We wished we had brought bathing suits when we saw the beautiful indoor pool surrounded by tropical plants!

The room itself was nice, a junior suite with sink, microwave and refrigerator. We had plenty of outlets in our room, unlike a previous poster. There was an issue with the internet: we'd brought two laptops and only one of them was able to access the internet at a time. It wasn't a big enough issue to cause us grief, though. Internet speed seemed adequate. We did have to call the front desk for one thing: there was no remote control for the tv. James brought one up immediately.

All in all, this was a good fit for us. Just make sure you don't get a connecting room!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room to assure privacy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I was asked to participate in a training seminar in York, PA. I am a frequent traveler and I normally stay at a Marriott property but none were available. I opted for the Four Points by Sheraton. Here are my observations:

CLEANLINESS - Overall, looks fairly clean, especially the lobby, which was very nice. However, when I checked into my room, there was a Frito chip on the chair wedged between the cushion and arm plus an empty coffee sleeve on the floor beside the dresser. That might gross some of you out and if you are a neat-freak, you would probably have asked for a different room. I tend to think they vacuumed, changed the sheets but just weren't diligent.

Breakfast - They offer a decent buffet consisting of fruit, dry cereal, breads/muffins, scrambled eggs (not real eggs), bacon, sausage, and eggs made to order ....well, kinda (see my note below under friendliness). A waitress comes around and asks if you would like coffee and/or juice.

FRIENDLINESS - Not even a hint of friendliness. Most staffers seemed to hate their jobs, barked at customers, and exhibited bad attitudes. Case in point - I went down for breakfast on the first morning. Since they offered eggs any style I asked if I could get 2 eggs over easy. The waitress said yes but a few minutes later, came back and said the chef was having problems with the grill She asked if I would consider scrambled eggs. I said that would be fine but asked they not be dry or overcooked. I like them "wet". She said no problem and came back almost instantly with my eggs. I asked what's going on, I thought you were going to bring me out scrambled eggs. She said they are. I said "No they aren't. Those are my eggs over easy that are now over cooked and just cut into lots of pieces". I asked why she would even bring that out and she said her boss (who she later identified as the chef) told her to do so. Also note, there were a few of us that stayed at this property and we started discussing the general bad attitude of everyone. Two others stated that they were at the bar/restaurant the night before and the bartender (a female) was just barking and yelling at customers about not bringing in bottled water, even though they purchased it at the hotel. Not sure why this was a big issue but apparently, it really bothered her and in-turn created a hostile environment.

INTERNET CONNECTIVITY - They offer both wireless and an ethernet connection in the room. I found the wireless connected easily but the ethernet would not connect unless I called their tech support. Of course, I had tried the ethernet connection first so I lost a half-hour in trying to connect. You should also know the connection barely qualifies as "high-speed". As I mentioned, there were a few of us that here and all agreed it was slow. Perhaps it was DSL.

TV - In my room was I believe an LG 32" flat-screen HDTV. It was mounted against the wall and did not swivel. I found 3 big issues that you should be aware of: (1) The TV is HD but there were no HD channels to choose from nor were there any digital signals. So, if you've ever watched an analog station on an HDTV, it's a pretty crappy image. (2) They must have some connector or wiring issues (at least in my room) because several of the channels were coming in snowy. (3) The configuration of the room was such that if you were laying in bed, you had a good line of view for the TV but if you are doing some work or checking email while watching TV, it's nearly impossible. They put the desk on the same wall as the TV. Because the TV doesn't swivel and you are sitting off to the side of the TV, viewing is impossible.

WORK ENVIRONMENT - If you are traveling for business reasons, you will not find this hotel the least bit conducive for working. Although they provide a nice desk to work at with a nice lamp, there were no, let me repeat that, NO, outlets available to plug in your laptop, phone charger, or whatever gadgets you may have, within reach of the desk. To be clear, there was an outlet there. The problem is it was not available because they had already used it to plug in the TV and the desk lamp. The lack of outlets is a common problem with older hotels that never foresaw the advent of laptops, cell phones, mp3 players, etc. But most renovated and added more outlets or power strips, or something to provide guests the outlets they needed. What seemed incredible was that could at least have provided a lamp that has one or two outlets in the base. They didn't even do that! So what I had to do was unplug either the lamp or the TV and plug in my laptop. Then, I had to use an outlet in the bathroom to charge my cell phone. My phone rings a lot, even at night so every time it rang, I had to get up, go to the bathroom and take the call. Like I said, not a very conducive to a good work environment.

SIGNAGE - As you enter the property, the driveway splits to the right and to the left. A big sign says something like parking and lobby, stay to the right. It was a rainy night when I checked...just teeming. I read the sign, stayed to the right but didn't see anything that looked like a lobby entrance but figured it had to be the first door. I parked, ran to from door to door not finding an entrance. I then ran to a few more doors getting soaked in the process. I got back in my car and and to my surprise, discovered I had to drive all the way around the building where the lobby entrance was. Now maybe there was a reason to do that...perhaps they thought the roadway was too narrow for two cars to go in opposite directions...I don't know but they could have put up some signs or painted one way arrows or something to let guests that to get to the entrance you have to drive completely around the building. Or they could just correct the sign.

SUMMARY - Not only can I not recommend this property, I would have to say it's by far, the worst hotel I've stayed at in the last 15 years. I would highly suggest you avoid this property.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My family stayed here again for the the 3rd/4th time and it was again a nice experience. Rooms were clean and everthing went good. The only i have is that the bar doesn't have to be so expensive...

Room Tip: Don't stay close to the pool if possible. There was a soccer tournament in town and a lot of ki...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton York? Share your experiences!