“This is a Holiday Inn Express, right?!?!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in York
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This is a Holiday Inn Express, right?!?!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel a lot for work. I have stayed in many a HIE over the past ten years. This was hands-down the best HIE I have ever stayed in. Walking into my king size bed room I was immediately pleased. The room was a great size. It had a nice LCD TV w/ tons of HD channels, a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very large as well and looked great (except for the actual tub). The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever had at a HIE. Great, heavy pillows too!There is a nice swimming pool on the first floor and your standard fitness room consisting of a treadmill, a bike and an elliptical machine. You get the standard HIE breakfast. Nothing special but very good cinnamon rolls. The elevator was out when I arrived on Tuesday night, but by Wednesday morning when I woke up it was fixed. Great place to stay. Will be my new go-to HIE in the York/Lancaster area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nottingham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in the king jacuzzi suite for one night, and didn't want to leave! Seriously, the pictures do not do this place justice, its absolutely gorgeous! I've stayed in a couple other holiday inn expresses, and they were nice, but this was def the nicest. Room was across from the pool and right next to the lobby, which could have been loud had the hotel been crowded, but since I was only one of maybe 5 guests at the whole place, it was just incredibly convenient. The only complaint that I had was that the heater would occaisionally start getting really loud as it approached the temp that the thermostat was set to. Mentioned it to the front desk a couple of times, but they didn't seem to be able to fix it. I was worried that it would wake me while sleeping, but either it chilled out after I went to bed, or I just slept through it, because I didn't hear it once during the night.
The guy who was working at the front desk during check in and check out was great, showed what seems to be the holiday inn standard for customer care (very interested in making sure everything is right with your stay). The over the night front desk attendant was difficult to communicate with, english was not his first language and I was unsure at times whether he was understanding what I was saying.
I wish this place had frequent buyer discounts, because I definitely plan on returning.

Room Tip: If the hotel isn't busy, its very nice to be on the first floor near the lobby, then you can run...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Very nice property with clean, comfortable rooms. Good breakfast selection and friendly staff. Quality of room was consistent with other Holiday Inn Express properties which I appreciate...no surprises here! Breakfast area is spacious and provided a good place for my colleagues and I to meet before our client visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Altoona, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights for my high school reunion in Hellam. Location was excellent to do things east of York. We ended up in the handicap room which was quite spacious. A new hotel is always good because you can be sure it is clean and fresh. The young man at the desk was helpful. Lobby/breakfast area decor was very nice. Light at the bathroom sink could have been a little better for putting on makeup. Glad to have lamps with electrical outlets for recharging cell phones and iPads. Overall, a very good stay and will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked two rooms for two couples on their website on a Saturday afternoon, for $129.00 per room plus tax, which came to $149.00 per room. When we arrived two credit cards were produced for both rooms.

During the night an account was placed under our door that stating that our rate was now $149.00 per room and $169.00 including tax. I went and spoke to the clerk in the lobby and was able to produce a copy of the return email that I received from the hotel when originally booking, that gave specific charges and taxes of $149.00 in total. He agreed that a mistake was made when he saw a copy of my email. He also informed me that the manager wasn't in till 9.00am that morning, which was too late for us, but he assured us that it would be changed. I have checked my statement and there is very little if any difference. Just check your credit card balance when dealing with this particular hotel.
I have sent off a letter of complaint to this company and as expected I have heard nothing. We regularly travel the USA and will no longer use any hotel associated with Holiday Inn.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
central nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I will give this one an additional point on the ratings for being such a nice quiet property. As far as the HIE chain it has the same deficiencies as the rest of them in my opinion being less than stellar bedding, worst breakfast of similar competitors. As a guy that spends over 200 nights in hotels I have just grown to accept that HIE corporation is at fault as many local managers know this but are helpless, due to rules, to change it.

I didn't hear any noise in the halls or from rooms above or below me. All the hotel personal I had interaction with were pleasant. I would suggest that they adjust the doors into the stairwells as they slam shut. Good thing limited folks use the stairs!

Location is bad for dining within walking distance. Guess that may be a trade off for quiet location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We recently spent a weekend at this property with other family members. It is one of the cleanest, most relaxing properties we have stayed in when we visit York. FREE Breakfast was awesome and an added value. The staff could not have been nicer. Loved the bed, pillows and decor of the room. The hotel is situated a great location and convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. We just cannot say enough about the property!
We did not take advantage of the pool or workout room, but we did take a look at them and they seemed very inviting, just like the rest of the property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express York Southeast? Share your experiences!