“Good for price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in York
Groton, New York
“Good for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Decent hotel for the money. Clean and comfortable. However, housekeeping could use more better people as coffee pot was not clean either day. Breakfast was good and much like a Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SWYorkHotels, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites - York, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and let us know about your stay. I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. They are two areas in which our team strives for excellence. Our hotel has been a Gold Award winner for two years in a row, due to the high standards we keep. I apologize for your coffee maker not being cleaned and will definitley bring this to the attention of our housekeeping manager. I'm glad you enjoyed our outstanding breakfast buffet. We have many more items than most Comfort Inn & Suites, including omelettes, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. I hope you stay with us again! We'd love to have you back as our guest!

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Our stay in the hotel very nice until I attempted to correct a mistake about being billed for an extra room and was pretty much called a liar by the G.M. Travis . My family and I stayed over the holiday weekend and found our stay very pleasant . When we checked in we requested adjoining room but were told that there were none Available. They put our rooms right across from one another which was fine however ,we noticed that there was a adjoining room next to one of our rooms that appear to have no one staying in it. My wife called down to the front desk and asked if we could move to to the adjoining room but were told by the front desk clerk that the room was not in service. The next day we spoke to a cleaning lady who thought we were staying in adjoining rooms because she was there to clean the room. She seemed confused when we told her that the front desk clerk told us that there were no adjointing rooms available. she then stayed that sometimes the hotel blocks off rooms for employees. My mother paid for the two rooms when we checkout. I Initially booked the rooms with my credit card so the hotel had my credit card on file. Two days after we left the hotel I discovered that they had charged my credit card after my mother had paid for the rooms with her credit card. I called the hotel to correct the problem and they put me in contact with the G.M. Travis who stated that we had three rooms. I tried to explain to him what happen when we checked in and asked about adjoining rooms but he really did not listen, and was very Condescending and short with me stating" I am not calling you a liar but my employees would not have told you that there were no adjoining rooms available or we block off rooms for employees." He then stated we will look into the matter and hung up the phone. I was offended by the tone of his voice and attitude. I then proceeded to contact choice Privilege customer service and speak to Arron who was very nice and contacted Travis who told him that his desk clerks stated that they called us and asked us if we were staying in three rooms and we stayed yes, which was a complete lie. So Arron had him do a room key check of the room in question to see if it was ever used during our stay which took approximately 30mins. Travis then contacted me and stated that the hotel was not going to fight over this matter and would refund the room charge. Travis Would not state what his room key check revealed but I am sure it showed that the room was never used during our stay. He made it sound like the hotel was doing me a favor by removing the charge and he never Apologize for the mistake. I was very disappointed in the actions and Attitude of this GM and the way he treated an out of town customer! I understand mistake happen but this GM was out of line in his comments.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Meloro33,

I’d like to start out by apologizing that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. For the past two years our property has received the Gold Award for being in the Top 10% in customer service and I can assure you that this is not a typical experience...and is CERTAINLY not in line with the high standards of operation we embrace. From your comments, it really does sound like our property had an off day and I want to reassure you that when isolated instances such as these do occur, it is our goal to effectively and professionally communicate how we are planning to rectify the situation and it certainly sounds like we missed the mark on making that happen...and for that, we sincerely apologize.

As you can hopefully see from the other Tripadvisor comments, we have a lot of satisfied guests who return to us often. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider giving our hotel another opportunity to prove to you we are worthy of the awards in which we are so proud and I know we will exceed your expectations!

Once again, thank you so much for submitting your review of the property as we take the opinions of our valued guests to heart!
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is my alternate stay since my primary hotel was booked. This hotel is a fantastic value for the money. The accomadations were in excellent condition. The rooms are neat and clean. The staff is top-notch. Everything was very good!

My only advice is not to book a room on the highway side. That highway (Interstate 83) is busy all night long and a bit noisy unless you are a heavy sleeper.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on Highway Side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SpringwoodHotels135, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - York, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
What a wonderful review...thank you so much for taking the time to complete one!

We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and hope that we are able to become your primary hotel from this point forward now that you are aware of all we have to offer! If you do tend to travel into the area on a regular basis, I would love to speak with you regarding your needs and how we can partner moving forward. Just give the hotel a call directly and they will make sure you are pointed in the right direction.

Have a wonderful day and great holiday season...can't wait to have you back!
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Desk staff was professional and friendly. Also knowledgeable concerning restaurants and supplied printed directions for same. Room was clean and well maintained. Morning breakfast was excellent with good selections. There was no late night (10pm) or early morning (5am) coffee available! - (However this may not be Hotel policy). I did brew same in my room however.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SWYorkHotels, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites - York, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our award winning property! Thank you for sharing your comments and taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

comfort Inn & Suites was an excellent place to stay, not only were the accomodations excellent but the location was also very convenient. room was very clean comfortable, the hotel was at full capacity for our entire stay, could barely hear any noise from other rooms, staff was excellent. Sincerely Stephen A Russell

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. We strive to maintain clean and comfortable accommodations for our guests. I'm happy that our location was convenient for your travels as well. Thank you again for taking time to share your comments.
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room was clean; staff friendly and accomodating. Got a great deal as parent of York College student. Only10 minutes from college with many nearby restaurants. A little noisy if in room on I-83 side. Complimentary breakfast was fine. Free WiFi. Got adjoining rooms as requested.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I'm glad we were able to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms. We are in a great location for guests visiting York College. We look forward to having you as our guest again when returning to York.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Great complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi, room with a refrigerator and microwave. Got a great deal as a government employee. The equipment in the fitness center could use some maintenance but I was informed by the manager that the hotel has complimentary passes to Gold's Gym.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying at our award winning Comfort Inn & Suites. We appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the great breakfast buffet we offer and the microwave and refrigerator in your room. In addition to our on site fitness center, we have complimentary passes to Gold's Gym, located right next door. Please consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to York!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites - York? Share your experiences!