“Nice, clean room in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Arsenal Road, York, PA 17402 (Formerly York View Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in York
Ithaca, New York
“Nice, clean room in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I found that the staff was very pleasant. The hotel is under renovation and I was able to stay in a room that was recently renovated. It was quite large and had free wi-fi. Breakfast was included and included fresh, warm waffles. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank You for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Longwood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our room was clean with all amenities,fridge, microwave, hairdryer, even ironing board and iron. My sister and I were on a road trip with my dog and we asked for first floor, easy access as she is recovering from broken ankle. Staff gave us a room that met the requirements.I understand that new ownership is relatively recent and can say that they are really making an effort to make their guests have a pleasant stay. Older TV's but I believe they are planning on upgrades in the near future.Clean pool, great breakfast and plenty of walking area for your furry family.( Please be responsible with pets and insure that we can continue to have places where pets are welcome) I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and on my next road trip I will stay here if in the area. I do believe it's fairly near attractions in area. Also look for them in coupon books.

Room Tip: All rooms are inside access, if you have mobility issues try to get one near one of the access doors...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our property. We are glad your enjoyed your stay. Thank You for staying with us, we appreciate your business. We look forward to your future visits.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

When I arrived I was greeted with a smile and a gift bag of snacks and water, since I am a choice member (that was pretty cool). A very large parking lot with several buildings housing the hotel as a whole. I had a king room that was very large. The room had a tube TV, decent size mini-fridge, microwave, a table and a dresser.
The A/C worked well. But there wasn't much for power outlets in the room. I ended up using the outlet that TV was plugged into to charge my phones. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The balcony rooms on the second floor, have a sliding door that opens to a balcony, not that I would use it...but good info.
I stayed for a night, there is a Starbucks across the street and a couple of gas stations nearby...along with being right off the highway and about 15 minutes from York College, not too bad a location. I did not have the breakfast, but I don't stay at Econo Lodge for that.
If you are a frequent traveler and looking for a short stay, this place has the service and decent quality to support your need along with a price to support the product provided. If I'm in town for another overnight stay I will likely be back.

Room Tip: There are two types of rooms. The rooms on the second floor are listed as w/balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank You for reviewing our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future stays.
Davidson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I asked to be in a quiet room. They gave me 219. It was directly in from the entry way, doors on either side, ice machine, coke machine & etc directly outside of my door. I was there 5 nights. People would let the door slam behind them at ALL hours of the day & NIGHT, get ice, drinks & etc all times!!! I did not sleep well, especially the last 2 nights when the drunks would come in at 3-4am loudly talking! The door to the left would be opened up on me as I was entering or leaving my room, the glass window in the door had been boarded up so I couldn't see if someone was coming and they couldn't see me. There were cigarette butts in the parking lot the entire time I was there, as if someone had emptied their ashtray right there in the parking lot. The room had an offensive smell. Breakfast was terrible. Juice was so watered down it could not be drank. After the first day, the danishes were stale. There was some fruit to pick from the first few days, after that, old apples. I was told by Anita my stay would be $196.20 total, my CLC account was charged $244.30. The pillows were flat. My sheets were never changed. The towels were fine.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank You for providing feedback. We are working hard to improve our property. We are changing items for breakfast. We are sorry you had a bad experience here, hopefully you will give us another chance sometime.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had sworn off Econo Lodges but after reading some reviews decided to try this one. Very clean, large rooms with micro wave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron. Has a pool. Breakfast is good for an economy hotel. You have your choice of 4 cereals, toast, muffin, mini danish, fresh fruit. If you want a hot breakfast there is a 24 hour diner right at the end of the driveway. Staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It is the best bang for the buck that I have found.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. I hit this accidentally and would not let me do a no rating at that poi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a great stay-that is very important to us!
york pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in room 346 for work at brunner island power plant. The first impression was what is that smell in the hallway which was covered up by cheap perfume by that didn't last to long. Then started to notice the itching spots all over my body so I ripped the sheets off the bed only to find bed bugs!!! OMG never again will I not check every little nook and cranny of the bed I'm about to sleep in

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are sorry about your experience here, I can assure you we do not have bed bugs.
Rome City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This motel is not going to receive any awards in the immediate future, but it provided a pretty good night's lodging for me. I used a travel coupon, which brought my total bill for the one night to $47. This was quite a bit less than the other area motel rates I'd been given when calling around. It's showing its age in places but my room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The room included a microwave and fridge and the wifi signal was strong and reliable all evening. I would be glad to stay here again if my business takes me back to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuously making improvements including the bedding and breakfast items. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!