“pleasent and happy experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Arsenal Road, York, PA 17402 (Formerly York View Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in York
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“pleasent and happy experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

i have been to this hotel a few times now that it has been a very pleasent and happy experience i enjoy the new managment they are very friendly and accomidate you to the fullest to make sure your stay with them is excellent. i would recommend that you go and stay at this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay for a day two days or more they have an outdoor pool which is big and great for families with children i have two smal children and they love to get into the pool the hotel is cleaned daily and i have not found anything wrong so far i can say that the overall experience for the econo lodge is great if you have not stayed with them please go and check it out they have very cheap prices for quality service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
York, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

First off let me say check in wasn't til 3:00 and they let me check in early.. the motel is under new management and I must say its cleaner and nicer then I remember it... the pool is wonderful and for just under 50.00 is a steal... you can't find a motel this nice for this price... I will be back anytime I want a home away from home...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The remote and wi fi did not work. There was old food in the fridge and used soap in the bathroom. There were hairs all over the beds. I went to the desk and asked for new sheets because mine were dirty. The clerk was rude. She shook her head at me and said we don't do that here. She finally admitted it had been two days since they'd been washed. The new sheet had holes and a yellow stain. The towels were stained and the clog in the shower was clogged. I did not sleep all night. The clerk said they were new and did not have any additional sheets. I was afraid of getting charged anyway so I bought a sheet pillows and blankets for the next night. If they could improve their customer service and get everything new this hotel could be nice. The girl that was working when we checked in looked mad because we interrupted her cigarette.

• Stayed August 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent one night here only because I was too tired to switch hotels. This place is run down, musty and dirty. I had hair left in the bathroom and multiple spiders actually in the room. The tv remote didn't work and all surfaces were sticky. Plus the clientele was very loud and most were drunkenly roaming the halls by 10. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hanalei, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The dated decor and front desk vibe had trouble written all over it, which was confirmed when we entered our unmade room. We requested a different one and moved all our stuff only to find we couldn't get a wi-fi signal. We packed up and checked out and got a receipt with no charge. I'll be checking my credit card statement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We checked in on Friday afternoon (06/15), woman at front desk was very pleasant, dropped the bags in the room and headed out to do other things. First thing we noticed was a musty smell not only in the room but in the entire building and it was obvious it was an older building that had not been updated for some time. Room just didn't look clean. Checked the sheets on the bed but didn't see any sign of bugs. But the bathroom was a different story.......grout lines in the tile around the tub had black mold. The caulking around the tub had black mold. The toilet was stained/dirty inside. In short the more we looked, the more the place just looked like a dump. We came back to the room later in the evening and there were some kind of small bugs on the floor & sink in the bath. We decided that was enough. Checked a couple other hotels.....ended up staying at the Red Roof Inn on the other side of the interstate. What a difference.......clean, clean, clean. No frills.....no breakfast.....but at least we didn't have to worry about bug infestations or worse. We checked out of the Econo Lodge about 10pm & the only thing the woman at the desk asked was "taking an early checkout?" Never asked why. I'm sure we weren't the first people to check in & then not stay the night. At this point it was a waste of $56 which I just chalked up to experience. All I can say about the others who commented on this site about how great the place is either don't have high expectations or they are employees making fake comments. We've stayed at other hotels under the Choice Hotel family but this place should be banned from allowing to drag their good name down. And I'll back up every comment from "gwdash".....everything he/she said is true.

Room Tip: Stay away.....run, don't walk from this place!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I pulled into town around 9:30pm and had to ask around because the hotel's sign was not lit and the place sits so far back off the road it couldn't be seen. Google will take you to the Comfort Inn on the other side of SR-30.

The parking lost was dark, with weak lighting. It is clear back on a hill and isolated from everything else. As soon as I got into my room, I noticed a strong mildew and stale cigarette smoke smell. Additionally, there were flies buzzing around in the bathroom and the ceiling fan vent was clogged up with dust and grunge. There were stains on the upholstered chair and on the carpet. My throat began to get scratchy right away from the mildew and smoke residue. I had to call the front desk and ask for a different room, hoping it would be cleaner and not have the oppressive odor.

The employee met me in the hallway and was very apologetic. She said it was a non-smoking room. She went with me to another room to make sure it was okay; she had a couple other room keys so she could show me more than one room if needed. The room seemed to smell okay, so I thanked her and said goodnight.

Upon doing my routine check for bed bugs (always!), I was greatly dismayed to find a bed bug molt* between the mattress and box springs! I took a video of the thing with my phone, then sandwiched it between the hotel notepad and the envelope from my room key, then brought it up to the front desk. As I removed the envelope from the top, the darned thing blew onto the front desk and couldn't been seen amidst the computer keyboard and other stuff there.

I have it on video, though -- and I looked up what they look like to double-check before posting about it anywhere. There is no doubt it was from a bed bug.

I got my charges reversed and fled that nasty place. The Red Roof Inn down the road was basic, too, but the room was spotless and the staff was great. The clerk there said he never, ever recommends anyone to the Econo Lodge in town. As he put it, "Not so good things happen up there. I don't feel people are safe there."

Maybe finding evidence of bed bugs was a good thing for me. after all. Even without bed bugs, this place was badly lit and was absolutely seedy inside.

* A molt is the exoskeleton left behind when an insect grows and sheds.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and the steps are steep. Check with a flashlight for bed bugs -- do this everyw...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!