“What's Not To Like?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in York
Chagrin Falls Ohio
“What's Not To Like?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My stay at Homewood Suites York PA was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is located just off the highway yet was extremely quiet and relaxing. My evening plans included searching for a good local place to eat but that didn't happen as the front desk staff let me know that dinner was being served.

The dinner was quite good and included a choice of red/white wine or beer...a pretty nice perk after a long drive. The lobby and dining area were very nicely decorated and super clean/spotless. Later in the evening I came back down to the dining area to work on long overdue expense reports. A handful of tables had guests playing cards, talking or just enjoying the area. Again, it's a great, very quiet place to work.

The rooms at Homewood Suites York were large, kitchens were well done and I love the separate bedroom as I usually stay up much later than my wife. Talk about clean and spotless...this place is super clean inside and out.

The fitness center was a little on the small side for business travelers...two treadmills, an elliptical and a set of free weights. Not much open floor space for stretching or sit-ups.

The staff at Homewood Suites was outstanding...very pleasant people in all areas, especially the women who staff the dining area. They went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my meal and had everything that I might need.

I did not consider this hotel to be high priced...it was fairly priced for all that was offered. Actually a great value by all measures ! You really can't go wrong staying at Homewood Suites York.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated on a hillside away from highway noise and general traffic. My room faced the f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Your review was such a pleasure to read! Thank you so much! Your compliments are greatly appreciated as we strive hard to make your stay a memorable one! It sounds like we exceeded your expectations on a personal and professional level - which is even more fantastic! Your notes on how well our staff treated you are especially rewarding - as we stress to impress! Regarding the size of our fitness center - as we hope your travels do bring you back to us - please note that you are also able to utilize Gold's Gym just across from us as another complimentary perk! Thank you again - and please visit again soon!! Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cresco, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The rooms were clean and very spacious. The pool was great for the kids as was the basketball court. (There is no hot tub). The staff was very friendly and polite. The rooms were large enough for everyone to play in the rooms. Breakfast was okay, we don't like sausage and the day we were there it was eggs and sausage and sausage and gravy. Would have preferred a extended continental as they have waffles. Beware they put a $50 hold on you account for incidentals. They request the card for incidentals, but they don't tell you they charge you $50 for an over night stay. When I complained, they put another $40 hold on my account, and blamed it on the bank and told me I should have read the registration card completely. The hotel was very nice, but the charges and hold on the account were extensive, and the way the issue was treated make me never want to stay at a Homewood again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We would love to have you stay with us again! Thank you for the great review highlighting all of our wonderful features. A hold is placed on your card for incidental charges - my apologies if that wasn't clear. If there is anything further that I may do to rectify this with you, please let me know. And again, thank you for your wonderful compliments. Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800
Crumpton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The saying goes "you get what you pay for" is accurate for this hotel. It was alittle more than I am accustomed to pay but it was well worth it. The rooms were so pristine and comfortable, the staff went above and beyond professionalism. I was truly impressed and will most likely never go back to spending hard earned money just to have a room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello!! Thank you for a great review. We appreciate your comments on "value for price paid"! We have so much to offer - included in your rate. "Pristine" and "Above and Beyond Professionalism" are definitely remarks that we strive to hear!! We are glad that we impressed you! Thank you for choosing The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA. We look forward to having you as our guest again! Warm Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was another great stay in York, PA. The Courtyard was sold out and I'm glad it was, because I got an opportunity to stay here! This hotel was super clean and very functional. The bathrooms were a good size and most importantly are CLEAN! The staff was wonderful and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and dinner that was included with the stay. But if you wanted to get away and try a local restaurant, they are only a few miles away. If I ever find my way back to York, I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are so glad you found us and were so pleased!! Your compliments on our cleanliness, the staff and our functionality are greatly appreciated!! There is a great selection of restaurants near-by!! We hope you do find your way back to York again soon and visit with us again!!! Thank you so much! Kindest Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton, York PA 717-434-1800.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were looking for a regular place to stay in York now that our daughter lives there and were pleased to have reserved here. Staff was helpful and courteous, rooms clean, large and modern - all in all a nice stay. we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We hope you will now make The Homewood Suites "your regular place" to stay here in York!! Thank you for a wonderful review! Helpful, courteous and clean - thank you! We do certainly hope you will be back! Please visit us again soon! Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales, The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA 717-434-1800
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was clean, well staffed, friendly staff. The room was large and accommodating. the wi fi was fast and worked well. the breakfast was awesome and something to come back for alone. no room service but popcorn and a mini kitchen provided!

Room Tip: no room service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Breakfast was "worth coming back to alone!" We love those kinds of comments! It makes us feel like we are truly creating the best stay we can for our guests!! Room large and accommodating, friendly staff....again just what we are striving for! So - thank you!! Please visit us again soon!! Reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance with reservations. Kind Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton York PA 717-434-1800.
Brasher Falls, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of the nicer hotels that I've stayed. I have absolutely couldn't come up with anything but positives when it comes to this hotel. I certainly hope to be traveling through York, PA again, so I have the opportunity to stay again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Well, we certainly hope you are travelling through York to stay with us again too! We appreciate your "high recommendation"! "Couldn't ask for more" - WOW! Hope to have you visit us again soon! Kind Regards~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton York? Share your experiences!