“Love it- one of my favorite places to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in York
Nassau County, New York, United States
“Love it- one of my favorite places to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am an experienced business traveler and have stayed in the best of hotels. I am happy to say that this Homewood Suites is at the top of my list. It is so beautiful- the lobby, the rooms- and super clean. I love that there is a DVD player in the room so that I can use my exercise videos. The flat screen TV is great, too. The room is well lit and the bed is extremely comfortable. The only problem I had was that I couldn't set the correct time on the clock radio; however, when I called down to the front desk, the person who answered was extremely helpful and even offered to come up and do it for me. The food is excellent and I love not having to go out for breakfast or dinner. The dining room staff is friendly and super accommodating. As a matter of fact, all the staff is the best I've encountered. I look forward to coming back to York, just so I can come back to the Homewood Suites there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
When a guest travels as much as many of you do - it is remarkable to our staff here at The Homewood Suites that we can still impress! Thank you for this wonderful review. It seems that our staff - as well as our impeccable suites - have proven to create a comfortable "home away from home" for you with the conveniences you look for - like our in-suite DVD players! "The staff is the best I've encountered" is such a wonderful compliment - that will be passed on so that they know what a great job they are doing and what a fantastic impression they are making!! We look very forward to your next visit with us!!
Thank you again! ~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there with my family for almost two months while house was being renovated due to a fire. The staff was beyond accommodating, and assisted with anything we needed. My family also has various allergies, and they went above and beyond to try to assist. Great place to stay and excellent staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much! It was OUR pleasure to have you and your family stay with us!! We are glad that you have been able to get settled back into your home! Stop back and visit when you can!! Thank you again! Kindest Regards~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales
Manassas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I love Homewood Suites and I usually rate them at a 5. This Homewood was clean and the staff were super friendly. It is located right off the interstate and very easy to get to. There is nothing near this hotel except a gas station. You will have to drive about 2 miles to get to shopping and eateries. The drawbacks are the bedding was not as comfortable as compared to others. The mattress was "lumpy" and the pillows could use replacing. The sheets and comforters do not appear to be the quality that you typically find in Homewood. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and could not get the temperature right. The fans were noisy and clicked on and off all night. For me it wasn't too disruptive for my husband the "light" sleeper he didn't get much sleep. We stayed for two nights celebrating our Anniversary and did enjoy the morning breakfasts. The ladies that work in this area are so sweet and really cater to you. Overall it served our purpose and it was very clean.

• Stayed December 2012
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy Anniversary and Thank you for your review! We appreciate all of your comments - compliments and constructive! Both kind keep us on our toes! With Homewood Suites Standards - we are slated for new bedding this year. Your wonderful notes on our Breakfast Staff will certainly be passed on and are very appreciated. Come back for another visit - we'd love to see a "5" from you!
Again - thank you so much! Kind Regards~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was a one night stop over on our way east to the Philadelphia area. Our studio suite was large and very comfortable. The Homewood is close to I-83 but just far enough away that traffic noise isn't a problem. The staff was friendly, and the whole place was very clean.
If we are ever in the area again, I would head right back to this Homewood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Clean, friendly staff, comfortable, convenient, and intent to return! What more can we ask for in a review!? Thank you so much!! We greatly appreciate your compliments and look very forward to your return on your way to the Philly area again....or whenever your travels bring you our way again! A satisfied, loyal guest is our greatest compliment and achievement. Thank you so much! Warm Regards ~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton York, PA
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night (Thursday) in late September. We were so happy that we did! The hotel is in a very convenient spot so close to restaurants, shopping and attractions. The room was very clean and well organized. It was like a mini apartment! I didn't realize that dinner was included if you stay Mon - Thurs and that was a pleasant surprise! The hotel was very quiet, and we had a wonderful nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definately stay there again when in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
"Wonderful home away from home" is exactly the guest feeling that we strive for! Thank you so much for such a nice review!! We are very pleased that you felt at home and had such a pleasant stay - along with a few nice surprises; like our complimentary dinner! A great night's sleep in a convenient, quiet location are also nice compliments to our wonderful property! Thank you! Please come back and visit us again soon!! Stop by the desk and say hello!
Warm Regards - Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed at Homewood Suites several times over the year and had a wonderful experience every time. The rooms were spotless and everyone was nice. The dinners varied from decent to delicious (the eggplant parmesan was my favorite!) and breakfast was nice too. Angel was there every morning ready to make a waffle if I wanted one. The pool and gym are modest yet sufficient for a short stay. The pillows could be firmer but since they provide several, you can use as many as you need to reach your comfort level. As much free coffee, tea and hot chocolate as you could handle!

PS: If you need a place for lunch, Cheddars is just down 83 on Rt. 30 and has amazing food for unbelievably modest prices.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have an extra nook with a desk.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for a great review!! I especially appreciate you pointing out the tip about the corner rooms with an extra nook! That is a fun little-known fact - and a great tip! Spotless rooms and nice staff - great attributes to point out - thank you! Angel is wonderful with her waffles and special menu selections like the Eggplant Parm - a popular dinner entree! Regarding the pool and fitness center - I want to point out that our guests may also use Gold's Gym, located just across the road from us. Hopefully, that could give you a bit more of a work-out on your next visit! Great tip about the pillows too! Thank you!! Hope to see you again soon!! ~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - The Homewood Suites by Hilton~York PA, 717-434-1800
Basking Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had a course in York and considered a number of hotels. Even though Homewood cost a little more than some others, I thought it would be nice to be have a fridge, microwave, etc. I was THRILLED with my choice. Homewood Suites was an amazing home away from home! The staff was helpful and delightful; the hot breakfast was so good and I was totally surprised to discover they had dinner for us on the weekdays! And they offered complimentary wine and beer. After a long day in class, it was so nice to relax with a beer and put my feet up. The room seemed brand new and the space was amazing. My wife and I have already decided that this is the place to stay when you're staying for more than a few nights.... Or any time! We LOVED IT,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We are THRILLED that you were thrilled! What a wonderful, glowing review - thank you so much! You mentioned so many of our fantastic amenities - our Suite Start Breakfast Buffet and Welcome Home Dinner and Drinks - are two that I feel really set us apart and create such a value to your visit with us! We are thrilled that you were so impressed!! Please plan to visit us again soon! Thank you again for such a great review! ~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales - 717-434-1800.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton York? Share your experiences!