“Really great manager-” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
LONG ISLAND
“Really great manager-”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

thought it was weird that somelne commented on the hotel being overbooked- but I had made reservations for a 2 br and when I got there it was not avail. The plan was to put us in a suite with 2 queen beds. Traveling with 3 teen boys the thought of trying to use 1 bathroom was not something I really looked forward to. The manager- did however find us 2 studios suites on the same floor and did a price adjustment. He was very helpful. Wish though when I checked in the person at the front desk told me that it was not the room I reserved. I knew it wasn't because the hotel only has 3 of them and the room number was not right. Going again in July hopefully we will get the room we did reserve- I should perhaps call before and check so I don't have to wait in the lobby for a manager or rooms to be ready. One of the rooms had a problem with the ac- I know ac in Feb but I like the room cool- like 64 the hotel has it set on 72 and it would not let us adjust it that low.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review! We are glad to know that we were able to find a suitable solution for you in this situation. We understand that when traveling with a family, it is very important to accommodate everyone in your group!! If you'd like, please give me a call directly in July for your travels - and I will be happy to verify your reservation for you!! Thank you again! Kindest Regards~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lombard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here for a night for a business trip and I was very impressed with the property. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The workout facility was nice and the hot breakfast was fantastic. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for the impressive review! We would LOVE to have you visit with us again!! Thank you for pointing out our great fitness center and - as you put it - fantastic breakfast!! We quite agree! Again - thank you for your compliments! We hope to see you again soon!
Warm Regards~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800
Stillwater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have to admit i am very picky when it comes to hotels and couldn't of been happier with our recent two night stay at Homewood Suites. We were a family of four and we booked two studio suites. The suites were very clean, modern, nicely decorated. The convenience of a kitchen, living area and bedroom area was a huge bonus. Loved lounging in the huge comfortable bed and watching the large tv after all day walking in York, Gettysburg and Lancaster. Waking up in the morning to a wonderful buffet breakfast was ideal for our family. There were many hot and cold items to choose from and the staff was very accommodating. I originally booked this hotel from everyones recommendations on Trip Advisor and i also would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
With your self-proclaimed "pickiness", we are thrilled you were so happy with our lovely Homewood Suites!! Thank you!! It sounds like you enjoyed quite a little "getaway" here at our Homewood with day trips to our wonderful surrounding areas, followed by a bit of relaxation here at the hotel! Our delicious Suite Start breakfast buffet and great staff are perfect for accommodating all the different preferences a family may have. "Loved lounging in the huge comfortable bed"...enjoying the comforts of "home way from home!" With the wonderful recommendations of TripAdvisor reviews (thank you!!), we hope you will visit us again soon! Thank you again! ~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales...717-434-1800.
Washington, DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I traveled to York with my brother, sister-in-law and their baby for my Grandmother's funeral. We booked a 2 bedroom suite (Room 229). Our first impression of the lobby at check-in was overwhelmingly positive. The decor is beautiful. There was only one person at the desk at check-in. She was very helpful but was also distracted by the switchboard and other hotel guests. (It's fair to note that she was the same person who greatly assisted with the booking of my reservation a few days prior...on the phone. My call probably distracted her from someone else, so I guess it's only fair.)

We got to our room one half hour before official check in time and were grateful that the room was ready. It was beautiful. I was impressed by the little touches along the way.
These include:
--Makeup remover towlettes - I had left mine at home! :)
--A shopping list posted on the fridge for longer-term guests. The ability to have the hotel do your grocery shopping is a great amenity.
--A DVD player - we didn't use it but had planned to.
-- AMAZING service at breakfast in the morning. The women that were working in the breakfast area were professional, helpful, personable and friendly. They knew the regular guests by name and even told one man "Wow! You're up late today! I was expecting you around 6:30!" The food was good, too :)

Some less-than-convenient parts of our stay included:
--Dirty glasses in our room's bathroom
-- My husband's nightstand lamp did not work.
-- The room ac was either too hot or too cold. It was miserable all night to have to get out of bed and go out into the main room to turn it up or down.
--Our room's ceiling fan made a loud fast-paced clicking noise, so it was not an option for use while sleeping.
-- There were 4 adults attempting to use the main room's furniture. None of it was comfortable. It looks beautiful, but it isn't conducive to relaxing with family after a very hard day.
--The bed shakes. As soon as my husband would roll over or move, it would wake me up...and I'm not a light sleeper.
--At check out (where I would have reported all these issues) the gentleman at the desk was on the phone...for awhile. We had to leave. So we did just that without having the opportunity to report our issues.

All in all, I would probably give this hotel another shot but would book a different room.

(It's probably also fair to note that we booked this room using HiltonHonors points.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stunning hotel...what a compliment! Thank you!! Our sympathies on your grandmother's funeral. We are very glad - under these circumstances that you had a nice stay with us and were able to check into your room early. Thank you for pointing out all of the little touches that we offer that impressed you! We do have an amazing breakfast staff that do know all of our weekly and extended-stay guests by name and all of their preferences! Thanks for noticing!! Our apologies on some of the issues that you noticed were missing in the details. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and have addressed this with the appropriate department heads. As a result - we are stepping up our inspection procedures! We strive to exceed all guest expectations in service and accommodations. With the help of constructive criticism like yours, our goal is to continue to improve for every guest to experience an outstanding stay!! Again, we thank you and hope that your next visit with us will be under a happier circumstance!
Kind Regards~ Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800
Inwood, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed one night in the one bedroom king suite while preparing to take a national certification exam the following day. The hotel was beautifully decorated, spacious, clean and had excellent staff. Everyone was very friendly from the front desk staff at check in to the housekeeping staff who actually helped me carry all my heavy bags!! The wonderful breakfast the next morning prior to my departure was an added bonus. Would most definately stay at a Homewood Suites by Hilton again. Wish you accepted pets as our small dog travels with us when my entire family travels. Not only did I have a wonderful stay in a wonderful hotel, I also passed my exam!!

Room Tip: I suggest one bedroom king suite. Pure Luxery!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
First - we must say, "Congratulations on passing your Exam!!" Hope it was with flying colors!! Pure Luxury - what a wonderful comment. Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Your comments on our "excellent staff" - from helping you with your luggage to how much you enjoyed breakfast - are ALL so greatly appreciated! We strive to exceed your expectations and be your "home away from home!" It sounds like we also "passed the test!" We hope to see you again soon!! Thank you!! ~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

After many travels to York, PA I've finally found a home away from home. The hotel is new and stylish and very well kept up. The rooms are large and feel like home. The beds are comfortable and the room amenities are great. The staff does the simple things right to...whether it replacing my in room microwave popcorn when I use, or the manager leaving a letter on the dining room table reminding me of day light savings time, or the breakfast staff not just preparing the same eggs, potato, and meet every single day but instead swapping through options...some scrambled eggs, some days omlettes, some days sausage, some days bacon, some days tater tots, some days hash browns. The variety really helps for the business traveller.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
"Home away from Home!" - that is our goal!! Thank you so much for such a WONDERFUL review! We so appreciate that you've found "a home" here with us while you're in York. Considering so many of our guests are here long-term - we take our menu options very seriously to make sure that they stay fresh for you, our valued guest. We are thrilled that it is working!! Please let us know if you have any favorites - and we will be happy to incorporate those when you are here! We are also thrilled that you have found our Suites so accommodating! They really are quite comfortable! Again - "home away from home" is the goal that we strive for - so THANK YOU so much for feeling right at home! Please let us know if there is ever anything that you need! Stop by the desk and say hello!
~Melissa Leonard
Director of Sales
717-434-1800
buckypeekn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great hotel! The rooms are very up to date in style and they are so spacious! I love that you have a full sized kitchen too! If I ever spend multiple nights in York, this is the hotel I'd choose. Like all Hilton "suites" hotels, the breakfast and afternoon drinks are an added bonus. This hotel even serves a dinner every night (a bit limited for me as a vegetarian, but my colleagues liked everything).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We wish you could have stayed longer too!! Thank you for such a great review! The meals that are included really do set us apart with all that we have to offer! Glad you enjoyed them - please let us know the next time you are here - we would be happy to accommodate you with more vegetarian options!! We do a wonderful Eggplant Parmesan! Please visit us again soon!
Thank you!
-Melissa Leonard
Director of Sales
717-434-1800

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton York? Share your experiences!