“Pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in York
Binghamton, New York
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We spent 1 night with my daughters sports team. They put us all on the same floor. We hadn't made a reservation and the front desk staff was accommodating to our needs. They were also helpful in getting us directions to our venue. The lobby and breakfast area was pleasant. The breakfast attendant was patient with the girls. Convenient location for shopping and dining. Room was clean although a little tight. Many essentials; microwave, refrigerator, lots of mirrors, hairdryer etc. The only thing that could make this property more attractive would be an indoor pool. The outdoor pool area would be a bonus for July/August.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stayed for a couple of nights on business, and as usual the Hampton Inn was great. Checkin, breakfast, internet, all work. It does not pretend to be a 5 star hotel, the hotel and staff are great at what they do. And with the Texas Roadhouse across the street what else couly you want!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

This was a clean nice Hotel. Beds were very 'Fluffy' and comfortable. Right outside the York Galleria Mall. Nice staff. Wireless internet in each room no charge. Cannot complain at all. Breakfast included! Would stay here again. We stayed with a travel hockey team and everyone had a great time!

• Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

As the travel person for our sports team, I am responsible for booking hotel rooms and finding things to do for our young people when we travel. Like everyone else I search the internet for good deals. We had to use the Housing Bureau to book our rooms for the Keystone Games we attended in York, PA. We decided on the Hampton Inn - York because of the breakfast, the pool, the mall and the restaurant next door. However, when I researched them on line I came upon this site with the information about the bed bugs. I was very surprised to see what had happened and I wanted to make sure our team would be staying at a good place. After doing some research about bed bugs, I called the manager of the hotel. She called me back. I asked her about the comments on trip advisor. She understood where I was coming from and she told me what they had done to take care of the issue. She told me it was not a cleanliness issue and that it was brought in by someone, and that they had done a lot of things at the hotel to get rid of them. She was very educated on the issue and I felt better after speaking with her. I had to take the time to write this because we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was very busy, but the staff was great. The housekeepers did a very good job with our rooms every day we were there. I loved the breakfast for our kids and the fact that the mall was so close by. I just wanted to say the hotel was clean, the staff was very nice and I don't think this hotel has any more issues with bed bugs.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — it rained a little
  • Stayed July 2008
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I spent one night at the hotel with my family. Our requests for adjoining rooms was honored. The rooms and bathrooms were up to date, well-maintained and very clean. The rooms were not large, but that was to be expected for a Hampton Inn.

Breakfast was fine, consisting of eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, cereals and other items that compose a continental breakfast. Coffee was particularly good.

The front desk staff was helpful and check-out was not a problem. Overall, this was an up to date, clean and well-maintained Hampton Inn that was well run. It was my best experience at any Hampton Inn that I've been to.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I booked a one night (Friday) stay so that we could start out close to wineries participating in the Uncork York Tour de Tanks event. We booked the wine package which included a cheese/fruit/cracker plate, a bottle of wine, two wine glasses and two tickets to the tour event. The package was $149 (w/o tax) and we thought that was reasonable, expecially since the bottle of wine we received was $24 at the winery and the tour tickets were $15/piece.

We checked in late on Friday night, the wine goodies were in our room waiting for us. The room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom wasn't the swankiest. Overall, the room was fine though. Same bedding as other Hamptons. One thing we noticed, the staff was cleaning the main area constantly, wiping down tables, chairs, glass (doors and windows).

The breakfast area was large and we didn't have any trouble getting a seat. It was quite comfortable, the breakfast was the standard you'd find at any Hampton.

Overall, good experience. It's very close to the Fox Ridge tasting room and seems to be right along the major roads leading to other wineries.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

After being hired by a company in York, came here and stayed for about two weeks. Assigned first to room 431, after a few nights my companion had red, mosquito-like (only larger) VERY itchy spots popping up on hands, back, arms and eventually feet and buttocks. Thinking they were hives, we continued to stay in 431. However, when I also had red spots show up about a week after checking in, we asked housekeeping about it. We were told that there "may" have been one or two complaints in the past but that they had never "actually seen" any rash; I showed them mine and was sent to see the head housekeeper. This lady was extremely nice and immediately moved us into another room (436) across the hall so they "could investigate". She followed up with me to make sure the new room was okay, and even offered to reimburse us for any medications we had to purchase, but never told us that this was bedbugs. We bought Benadryl, hydrocortisone cream, Benadryl gel and finally FIVE boxes of baking soda, which we used to make a paste with water and put on the bite marks every night for several nights (this really helped). I spent hours on the computer researching the marks, and they are completely consistent with bedbug bites. The hotel is great, the staff is great, but this was extremely disturbing and personally a huge problem as the itching was so bad it was nearly impossible to sleep for several nights. Thankfully the bites seem to be going away now and no new ones.

• Liked — The staff, and food were excellent
  • Disliked — Problem with bedbugs
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MarciPaniagua, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn York during your relocation to our area. We do apologize for the unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay. Bedbugs have become a serious global crisis and now they are a problem in every state. Having them can be very upsetting, but it is not a sign of a cleanliness issue and they are not known to carry diseases. We are fortunate to have been educated in dealing with the problem and have taken every step to remove them.
Bedbugs can be picked up anywhere; for example, the trunk of a rental car, the luggage bin on an airline, having your luggage next to someone else’s, and so on. It’s important to remember that when a hotel has this issue, it is not because of something they did wrong. They were brought into the hotel by a traveler, and it’s unfortunate because the hotel’s reputation is damaged because of it. Again, there’s nothing you can do to prevent them from arriving. The key is recognizing it immediately, and making sure your response is swift and thorough. We are very confident we have taken the steps to eradicate them from our hotel. We’ve discarded mattresses, treated the room for over 2 months by a professional company known to deal with bed bugs, and once again have educated our entire staff on how to identify them. We certainly regret that this happened, but you can rest assured knowing this problem has been eliminated. Thank you for your kind compliments to the hotel and staff, otherwise. We certainly invite you to have your friends and family stay with us any time they are in town to visit to you. We would welcome the opportunity to address any other concerns that you may have.

Been to Hampton Inn York? Share your experiences!