“Beautiful!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in York
Pittsburgh, PA
“Beautiful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just returned from a weekend trip to visit a friend at York College and he recommended the Hampton Inn. We typically stay with Hampton and booked here. Walked in and was surprised at what a beautiful new lobby, sitting area and breakfast area. Were greeted quickly and check in was a breeze. Had requested a crib and it was quite nice and sent straight up to the room. Can't say enough good things about ALL the personnel. Nice flat screen tv and free wifi. The ladies taking care of the hot and cold breakfast bar were quite visible and went out of their way to accommodate everyone, especially the children. Just top notch. Our room was extremely clean and completely new. Beds were very comfortable and I just love Hampton's bedding. One of the girls said the hotel was 20 years old but they had a complete overhaul done. Next time we visit York we will look no further for a hotel.

Room Tip: We were on second floor away from elevators and the room was extremely private and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed three nights here. This is a great hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.The breakfast was VERY GOOD.Connie did a great job taking care of the breakfast area and food. She was very friendly and helpful. We have stayed in several Hampton Inns but this one was the best. We hope to come back .

Butte County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I searched the web and finally decided to make reservations here. From checking in to checking out, it was a positive experience. Our online reservation was for a room with two queen beds. When we arrived, they had us down for a room with a king and sofa bed. I explained we needed a room with two queen beds and the desk staff quickly made changes to meet our expectations, even placing us closer to the elevator since my mother isn't able to walk far. We were also on a No Smoking floor which was really nice since we do not smoke. My parents and I stayed here for five nights. The staff was very helpful and the room was clean every day. One day they failed to empty the in-room coffee pot and restock with coffee. The In room fridge and microwave were also nice to have. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will stay here again on our next visit to York.

LONG ISLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is located outside a mall next to a Texas Roadhouse. Overall it is a nice hotel conveinent. The bed for me was way too soft- said something at check out and response was that was too bad- customer service iffy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MPaniagua, General Manager at Hampton Inn York, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for staying with us for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you were not comfortable on our bed and apologize for the quality of service you received upon check out. We will keep your comments on comfort in mind as we continually work to improve our guests’ experience and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you return to the area..

Marci Paniagua
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Since our son was considering attending York College of Pennsylvania, we have stayed here 6-8 times. It is always clean and very friendly. With a hot breakfast buffet included, it is a great value. There is a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant right next door and The Galleria Mall is across the parking lot, with many other big-name stores within a couple of miles away. It is conveniently off Rt. 30 and 15 minutes to the college. We stay here very time we visit our son, and wouldn't consider anywhere else!

Room Tip: All of their rooms are spacious and clean.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff could not be more helpful. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I have to say, the recent renovations have made it a great place.

Good staff and a willingness to assist just makes me keep comming back.

I just wish some places in Australia would follow this mould.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am in a transition moving from Los Angeles to York Pa for work and I moved into this hotel without any previous knowledge. I was amazed at the front desk... having recently stayed at a Hampton Inn I was frustrated with the paper cups in the rooms and before I left Los Angeles I had my Hilton Honors normal request but I asked for glasses instead of paper cups and glass coffee mugs instead of paper. I was blown away that they went out of their way to go and purchase those for my room. The Housekeeping Supervisor literally brought us new regular coffee daily. I stayed here over 15 days and from breakfast to the end of the day it was AMAZING! I would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: All rooms have just been renovated recently and I would only recommend NOT to stay in a room across...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn York? Share your experiences!