“very enjoyable, clean and great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yardley
Montreal, Canada
“very enjoyable, clean and great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My brother and his family and my family stayed at this hotel for our 4 days 3 nights package for sesame place. I emailed them few times before our visit and always got back a response and they helped us alot with our trip planning. Even though it was just a tad hard to find without a GPS, we were really happy with our choice of hotel. Decent price, rooms are good size (king size bed with a sofa), they provided us with a crib (perfect for our 23 month old son), it has microwave and fridge which we used to the full. the breakfast included was great! it had everything for everyone! not far from store and from sesame place, we were happy with the location.
even, one night we did have milk for our son, we asked the front desk where we can go buy milk, and they offered us a complimentary glass of milk.... that's just awesome.
we would definitely come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: if you need a crib, always ask ahead of time... they might have available and reserve it for you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

We stayed one night for a sesame place trip. Got the Elmo pkg which include tide to park. We had a toddler so wanted early checkin for naptime. We called before we left our house and was told our room was already ready, which was great. I think we also got upgraded to whirlpool room. The room was fine and no complaints. The free breakfast was another story. Not enough seats for people and the food was not good. There was no eggs of any kind, and everything appeared to be defrosted frozen food. They didn't even have real plates or utensils. It was styrofoam plates and plastic forks. I wasn't looking for gormet meal, but I would have liked scrambled eggs and something actually hot. But I guess if you view the meal as free, then you can get past it. I considered it part of the room rate I was paying.

• Stayed August 2011
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My family and I were doing the 2-day Sesame Place trip and stayed one night here, in the one bedroom whirlpool suite--(it was awesome!) Only a 10min drive from Sesame. Had a living room w/pullout sofa bed, full kitchen, and a separate king bedroom with the whirlpool tub, vanity, and separate bathroom(toilet & bathtub/shower) in bedroom. Everything was as clean as can be, BUT, the only complaint i have(which is why i gave it a #4 rating) was that the carpet felt a little damp--not such a huge deal, we wore our flip flops/slippers. The bed was very comfy, and the whirlpool was clean and relaxing, my 4y.o. even enjoyed "swimming" in the what she called the "small pool" :) The hotel has a pool out back but the water was very cold, so unfortunately we couldn't enjoy it. Their free breakfast was good, M.Y.O waffels, eggs, sausage, plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. (the waffels were delicious)...There is also Shady Brook Farms located just down the road from the hotel, they have a playground, a nice little market with local produce/products, a deli, and an excellent homemade ice cream stand inside!! I will definitley recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are a MUST for familys traveling w/children--so convenient w/lots of space!!
Westport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This location has a serious problem with housekeeping staff honesty and cleaning.
We've stayed there many times to visit our daughter who attends a nearby school in Newtown, PA.
We won't return because the quality of the experience hdef one way down. For the second time, the staff would rather keep property accidentally left behind by our children rather than notify the guest and reunite the guest with their property. The first time it happened last year (2010) the manager called me back and first insisted that no one found the item. When I explained the circumstances, especially the timing and the location where the item was left, the manager called back and said the item had, in fact, been located. They mailed the item to us.
On June 5, 2011, my teen daughter inadvertently left one of her bags containing a large amount of clothing, I got a complete run-around and no calls back. Some items still had the tags on them. I decided to stay there when I was in town August 17-22, 2011, with the hopes that I could resolve the issue face-to-face and get my daughter's things returned. Whenever I raised the issue I was reassured that they were looking into it and would follow up. In the middle of my stay,my inquiries were met with a short reply that they knew who I was, the room I was staying in, and reassurance that they would resolve it. They claimed to have "tons" of clothing recovered by housekeeping. I told them that my daughter could identify her items. I was taken aback by the fact that they wouldn't just label the bag with the date and room number, or that they made no effort to contact the guest once housekeeping discovered that the items were left.
Needless to say, we won't stay there again and will communicate our experience to parents of our daughter's friends who will come to town for school events and graduation next year. We have reached two conclusions: Hampton Inn, Yardley/Newtown, PA hired dishonest housekeepers and the management does not care about the guest experience. Granted, we have to be more diligent about checking our room after the children have their items in tow.
Overall, our experience at the more distant Hyatt Place, Princeton, NJ has been the best. Although, I must admit that this Hampton Inn has the most helpful woman providing breakfast and the nicest, very competent maintenance man.
Hampton Inn has other problems as well, but housekeeping impacts us most often. The staff does not do a good job of cleaning the rooms or making sure things work. Routinely, batteries in the remote control are not working upon check in, when we get the suite, the sink is stopped up, toilet troubles, refrigerator problems, etc.
During our August visit, I encountered a new problem-- we left our rooms at 7:45 and returned at 4:00 p.m. every day except the last, and housekeeping knocked on the door at 4 to clean. The first 3 days, we left the room for the housekeeper to clean. The 4th day I asked her to return in an hour because my children were so tired and she said she couldn't. When I called the front desk I was told that the housekeepers all arrived together on a van and they have to depart together. I ended up just asking her to take the garbage and old towels and leave new garbage bags and towels. At the end of that stay, I knew that was our last time there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brecksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had an enjoyable stay at the Hampton inn yardley.

Pros:
short distance to sesame place.
yummy breakfast included - includes hot and cold item.
very friendly staff, especially at the front desk we arrived a couple hours prior check in and had no issues.
Fridge and microwave in the room.

Could be better:
Outdoor pool looked a little murky and was not heated.
Rooms a little small, we had the room with the 2 doubles.
Looking a little more worn than other hamptons I have been in recently, but not horrible.
Seriously the smallest sign I have ever seen to show where to turn in. (probably a zoning thing, but still)

Overall, good stay and I would come back.

Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our family stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown mid-week in August 2011 for an overnight visit to Sesame Place. The hotel delivered what we'd expect from a Hampton Inn - a clean room, comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, and full breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, but it did the job.

We chose the 2 room suite, which included a living room/kitchen as well as a separate bedroom. This worked out great as our daughter could go to sleep early after a full day at Sesame Place, while Mom and Dad could unwind in the living room. The staff was friendly, and was able to check us in at 9AM - a real convenience before heading to the park for the first of our 2 day visit. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Sesame. Also, we purchased a Sesame package through the hotel, so we were able to pick up our park tickets at the hotel, avoiding lines at the park. We would stay there again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Hampton Inn and Suites Newton provides a good, clean room and comfortable accommodations when you just need no frills, simple lodging. Front desk staff are very friendly and welcoming. Location is extremely well situated if you are doing business locally and the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown? Share your experiences!