“I enjoy this place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Mahwah, New Jersey
“I enjoy this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This spot is pretty nice, small, basic, low-key, but friendly staff (for the most part anyway). There was nothing extraordinary though. The room was cleaned as expected. Everything looked normal. Sorry I can't say much more. It's a standard hotel. They have the good amenities that you would typically expect. Oh yeah, they do have a few really nice things though. They did a free buffet each night and with free alcoholic beverages. All you had to do was tip the waiter, if you wanted to. I did. She was really sweet! Older woman. I forget her name. But she's really cool. She'll let you know about the cool spots to check out in the area too. Okay, so yea, this spot was actually very nice! I was there on business but the spot is good for all other sorts too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CrownePlazaReading, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review from your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here, Our Managers reception is ran by Ellen our Corporate Concierge Monday through Thursday night. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been staying at this particular hotel for the past couple years when in town and have always found great service, impressive room décor and feel, and an excellent dining experience. The breakfast is pretty good with ample variety. Several bartending staff are exceptional at making alcoholic beverages that help me unwind after a long day, and the rest are pretty good as well. Thus far, my experiences have always been positive and it is great to always feel welcomed with each stay. Kudos to the staff and especially the management for a continued job well done. May it continue for years to come! E.R. Productions

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. We would also like to say "Thank You" for being a loyal guest with us at the Crowne Plaza Reading. We do strive to make our guests stay enjoyable and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!
Linden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was awesome. They treated our group like kings and queens. The food was to die for and Eric, the assistant manager, is one of the best if not the best in the business. Classy guy!
He made our stay incredible and even took care of a few of our guys who got sick while we were there working. Will definitely recommend this hotel for future stays.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CrownePlazaReading, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review . You are right about Eric, he is one of the best in the business! Hopefully the gentlemen in your group are feeling better. We genuinely care about our guests and when they aren't feeling well we want to do what we can to help them feel better. You, as our guests is our top priority here at the Crowne Plaza. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I arrived around 2:00 pm for a 10 hour stay found a huge parking lot very easy to get a semi into..I was greeted by a great girl at the front desk ,she was friendly and helpful..the price was great..the room was spectacular (not new but very well kept) everything was clean and in order no complaints except when I checked out shortly after midnight I wanted a cup of coffee which this motel does not offer coffee at night...all in all it was a great stay and If Im back in the area I will stay again..just wished I could of had a coffee to start my day(night) out...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for tthe review. I agree that you should have been able to gt a coffee. Our bar is open until 2am and we easily could have got you a coffee. I will coach the staff on that night on what happened . W elook forward to your trip back and will welcome you with a great cup of our Starbucks coffee.
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not a few weeks ago we had our wedding reception At the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Reading!( December 28 2013) In a few words I want to say that this was the best experience of my life starting from the day itself to the staff in the hotel. The Wedding Coordination Team who made it all happen, was very friendly and worked very hard to have every detail put together like we asked for!! The rooms were fantastic, very clean, and all of our guests were very happy with their stay. Everything was absolutely stunning!!!! Thank you to everyone at the Crowne Plaza who made it all possible!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you for giving us the honor to host your wedding. You filled our hotel with happiness, family and celebration. We are pleased you were able to enjoy our full service facility and all the hospitality that we offer. Congratulations on a fantastic start to your new life.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I used to stay at this site when it was a Sheraton.
Thank goodness it's become a Crowne Plaza!
This hotel is one of the best or perhaps THE BEST IHG property I've ever stayed at.
I've been in the Priority Club since the mid 1980's and stay exclusively at IHG hotels.
I travel a good deal and appreciate the Platinum status I've attained and the perks that go with it.
I've always made it a point to meet the Manager and staff and this hotel has excellent people.
Craig the Manager is a Pittsburgh guy like me and he captains his ship with a great crew.
If anyone reading this is ever in the Reading area I highly suggest you stop here and stay over for a great room, restaurant, pool,Lounge with entertainment, etc. If you live in Reading and have never been here, try it. You don't have to stay here to have a good time and meet some of the best hotel people I've ever known. This is from the heart, I'm not getting a kickback for this!
It's just that good!

John Lewis

Room Tip: they're all good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Wow!!!... What a great story to be posted from a seasoned professional traveler. What an honor to be called the best hotel you have traveled to in your 33 years of traveling. Thank you and it is our privledge to contribute to the success of your business travel.
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel to visit family many times before. We stay here because they are pet friendly. The hotel is an older hotel and does show signs go age. They do have a beautiful pool that is heated. The only bad thing I can say is that the front desk wasn't the friendliest, not that they were rude....just not as friendly as front desk persons should be, and our room towels were ripped and had torn edging......not very appealing and makes me wonder how the other housekeeping really was?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaReading, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are glad you are able to bring your pet with you when you stay with us, and are able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. We want to apologize for the worn towels in your room that were missed by housekeeping, and I am also very sorry that you did not feel the friendliness from the front desk staff that we are known for. We pride ourselves and are known for our customer service, and our guests are our number one priority. We hope you stay with us again, and give us another chance to welcome you properly into our Crowne Plaza family.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading? Share your experiences!