“I love the staff here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Los Angeles
“I love the staff here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am glad the client chose this location to put us in for two weeks. The rooms have lots of space, there is a great restaurant located inside the hotel, and best of all, the staff here is incredibly friendly. They make sure you have everything you need and more. It feels like management treated us like VIPs throughout the duration of our stay. In comparison, some colleagues I worked with were housed in other hotels/motels around the surrounding area, and I heard the horror stories of smells, uncleanliness and bugs. No problems here :) The only thing I would have wished was a refrigerator in the room, and maybe improved gym equipment. But I am so impressed with the comfort of my stay and the great staff here, I have no choice but to give it a perfect rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review on TripAdvisor and thank you for the great review on our VIP and friendly service you experience during your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you are getting the full value of staying at a full service that is committed to you and the successful purpose of your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for a girlfriend's weekend--I rmember this when it was the Sheraton. Definetly ask for the Tower--awesome rooms!. Had an incredible breakfast at the buffet, tremendous chef who made the most delicious omelet. Comfortable bed, just a wonderful trip/

Room Tip: Tower rooms are the bomb.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your responce on TripAdvisor and thank you for recognizing our omelette chef. His name is Paul and Paul is actually becoming quite famous for his egg cookery and for his gift of making each guest feel right at home. We will celebrate your comments with our and we all look forward to your return.
Check us out this summer when we open our courtyard and courtyard activities. This area has been become a place to go for our girlfriends get away weekend.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was our 2nd stay there and it is the place to stay when visiting the Reading area. The breakfast is wonderful. The only problem we had was with the side door entrance (keypad). We traveled with 2 dogs and prefer to take them out the closet door so as not to take them down hallways. But most of the time the side entance door would't work to get ino the building. The door latch mechanism was in need of repair. But we will recommend this hotel and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thanks for your response. Our side doors are set set on a timer that allows the doors to be open during the daylight hours, when catering traffic is entering and exiting the building , and automatically locks all side entrance doors at sunset for the security of our lodging guests. The only way to access the doors at night is with the guest room key. I wonder if their was a problem with room your key.
Never lthe less i appolgize for the inconvienciece of the door and we look forward to your return.
Thank you form the great review and we look forward to your return.
Endwell, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in town for the Jimmy and the Parrots Christmas in the Caribbean show and many Parrotheads stayed here. From the time we arrived to the time we left, everything exceeded expectations. Tanya, at the front desk, was so nice and helpful with my many questions. Mindy, in the restaraunt was a great server/waitress. Stan made me a great omlet. The rooms are big and homey. This was the best place I have ever stayed! We will stay here next year when we come back for the show. Thank you Tanya, Mindy and Stan for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Room 404 is the room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for your response on TripAdvisor. We are proud to serve the Parrotheads ( a great organization that has two great missions. 1 fundraising for non profits in the Berks County and 2 party.
Thanks for allowing is to participate in your fundraising and party. I will make sure Tanya, Mindy and Stanley get to read your response and to celebrate a job well done at the Crowne Plaza ... Where we make dreams come true.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great location with lots to do near by. The business services are great and the people and service of the hotel are also great. I' travel all the time and look forward to my stays I here. The tower is the best other rooms are average.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind words . We are pleased that you were able to enjoy all the benefits of staying in a full service hotel and also enjoy our great location that is close to anything you would need or want when traveling for business or pleasure.
We have many new rooms on the wings that are as great as the tower rooms . Give me a call next time you are coming to our hotel and I will make sure you given a great room that will contribute to a successful day and stay for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Paul and Stan are masters of the omelet and help to be part of the start of my day when I'm traveling to Reading. Their wonderful cooking skills are dually complimented by stellar table service by Amanda and this most recent trip included Erin as well greeting me with a smile and my morning diet coke.
I can't recommend the hotel enough. With staff like this starting your day you are ready to conquer the world...or at least ready to scrape the windshield before heading to the office.
-m

• Stayed December 2012
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thnk you for the great review on TripAdvisor,I will share this with all our staff so we all can celebrate the great heart connections and fantastic service of Chef Paul, Chef Stanley, Amanda and Erin. We are all committed to contribute to a successful trip to you and all our guests.We look forward to your return....see you at breakfast!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just completed my second stay in two months and my first set of stays since the property changed from being a Sheraton to a Crowne Plaza. The staff couldn't be nicer and the gentleman who cooks the breakfast omelettes couldn't do more to make you happy. It is so clear he loves what he does. My experience with the sleeping room interior was not as positive. Booked the identical type of 'king' room for each stay. The first time the room was comfortably sized and well appointed with a actual king size bed and mattress of relatively new vintage. The room was deep enough that the dresser was not situated at the foot of the bed. On My most recent stay this Thanksgiving, the sleeping room was a disappointment. Despite the hotel being almost empty, we were placed in a smaller room on the New York corridor (the original stay was on the Paris? Milan? Corridor - straight past the dining area ). The room was small with a bottleneck created by the dresser needing to be at the foot of the bed. The bed was a queen-size, not the King that was booked. If you sat at the foot of the bed, the whole mattress tilted up from the other end like a see-saw. There was no lighted (or any) make-mirror, hair dryer or even a robe hook in the bathroom (all three present in my previous stay) I did finally find a hair dryer hanging in a bag in the clothes closet when packing to leave. I understand that not every room can be a identical, but a King should be a King and if the hotel is empty, as it was over Thanksgiving, rooms should not be assigned off the bottom, especially to priority club members. If I ever rebook at this property, it will be for the nice folks who manage the breakfast service and not for the sleeping accommodations which are clearly a crap-shoot

• Stayed November 2012
CrownePlazaReading, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for comments on trip advisor and your compliments of a great staff and especially a great breakfast experience with our Chef Paul. I will make sure all these positive comments will be shared with our staff and Paul..
We are sorry for the problem with the missing Vanity mirror and the missing robe hook on the bathroom door. We are going through all our rooms in the New York wing to find this room to get to this corrected. This should have been caught by our housekeeping staf and we are bringing this to their attention.
Next time you come to Reading please call me and I will personnaly check to make sure you get a larger room.(all our rooms except 8 rooms are larger than typical rooms from other hotels) and it appears , without knowing what room you stayed in, that you got one of the 8 smaller rooms.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading? Share your experiences!