“Best Hospitality in Reading” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Reading
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Park Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Best Hospitality in Reading”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent two nights at the Inn at Reading and were very satisfied with the value, quality and service. Restuarant is on site and serves good food at reasonable price and has a great service. We had breakfast on both days and had a dinner one night. The staff is very friendly. The hotel itself is old but it is very well maintained. Rooms are spacious newly renovated. Wifi is free and pretty fast. The place is very clean and has a kind of english colonial theme with a lot of wood. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Pat,
Thank you for your kind comments, I will certainly pass these onto the staff and thank them for all of their hard work.
We are currently tiling the entrances and will soon be renovating the lobby area.
We look forward to your return to the Reading area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was spacious and comfortable and was equipped with a mini-fridge (but no microwave). I was initially concerned about the possibility of traffic noise since the hotel borders a major highway, but aside from occasional truck noise, it wasn't a bother. The large, spread-out hotel is showing its age in some respects. For example, the carpet was showing signs of wear in the traffic areas of the room and the bathrooms could be modernized. I did have a few complaints. The hotel supposedly offers free wifi but the signal was consistently so very weak I was never able to connect (I did not try going to the lobby), so that's pretty much a case of false advertising. Also, housekeeping skipped me. Yes, I had a "don't disturb" sign on the door between 8:30 and 9:15 a.m. but didn't intend for that to mean I didn't want service at all that day -- just not before 9:15. And no one asked. I was out of the room (with no sign on the door) the entire day after 9:15 a.m. Although I could have requested housekeeping that night after returning tired, it wasn't worth the hassle. Also a word of warning that the water temperature coming out of the tub faucet strangely was not the temperature that came out of the shower (and the hot and cold handles work in opposite directions -- forgot that fact and scalded myself momentarily), at least not in my room. Overall, the Inn at Reading is an o.k. hotel -- not a modern, luxurious four or five star hotel in my opinion, but still worthy of consideration despite a few "issues."

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Richard,
Thank you for your comments. I am please to say we have been in the process of replacing carpets and adding new wireless access points around the hotel. The increase in more WiFi equipment has demanded we add more around the hotel. We recognize this and are continuing to do what is needed to meet the demand.
Camp Hill, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in a wing at the back side. There was a very old heat and A/C control but the air did not work at all. The window opened but there was a fence outside the room that blocked any breeze. WIFI did not work in the room although it worked in the conference rooms. I called the desk two times about the WIFI and both times they said maintenance would check the connection and fix it, but that didn't happen. I mentioned these problems at checkout, expecting a partial refund, but didn't even get an apology.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Kitty,
I do apologize about the issues you had with the AC and WIFI during your stay. We have over 25 wireless access points around the hotel and we will continue to add more to cover areas that are weak. We have a very few rooms that struggle when the temperature is around 70 degrees, it is too warm for heat and too cold for AC. We are looking at adding PTAC units in these rooms moving forward.
Bethel, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was involved in arranging weekend accommodations, meeting and dinning arrangements for 75 persons at The Inn At Reading. Manager, Tony Reyes, was on hand prior to and during our events to handle any problems that might arise and I am pleased to say we had NONE on his part. Tony and his Staff had taken care of every detail. 2 Meeting rooms were prepared on time and to my specifications with Mid-morning breaks. 2 Evening Dinners were served On Time, Hot, Delicious and Very Professionally with the Dining Manager on hand. We could not have had a better experience. "I" had a bump in the road which the Dining Manager took care of immediately for me. I recommend The Inn At Reading for your Meeting, Dinning and Staying Pleasure. I am so pleased that I am about to reserve for a class reunion at The Inn At Reading !!!!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Leon,
Thank you for your kind words, I will pass these on to the staff. We hope to see you in the very near future.
Hagerstown, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you can get a room here for $60 or less, then it's a decent place. Otherwise, spend a few bucks more and you'll like the newer hotels better. Nice service at the front desk, but I specifically asked for a king bed ahead of time, and got 2 fulls instead. Not a big deal. But then I was told no smoking in the room, yet the entire area around our room smelled like nothing but smoke. Restaurant was ok. Not bad, not great.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Marc,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback while staying with us. We do all we can to honor all of our guests requests, however this past weekend we were sold out of kings. Regarding the smoke smell, we do address any complaints of smoking and will evict guests that are smoking in rooms. We also understand the negative impact this has on other guests and when notified we act.
We value all of our guests comments and work very hard at improving the hotel and service for everyone. I do apologize for the issues you had while staying with us and hope you will return in the near future or next time you are staying in our area.
Mansfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room comfortable, friendly staff, enjoyed bar during basketball playoffs. Enjoyed breakfast buffet one morning, next morning awful. No hot food, just pastries. Asked attendant to put out some food as the buffet still had an hour to go. She came back with a dinner plate of scrambled eggs/tomato something or other. Never did replenish juice carafes. We went to local diner.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
David,
I appreciate your comments and will pass these on to my food and beverage department. I am surprised to hear this since our breakfast buffet has received rave reviews. I assure you what you experienced is not our standard and I will address this immediately. I do apologize you did not receive the breakfast you expected.
SOUTH ORANGE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been staying here 3-4 times a year for 10 years. There have occasionally been quirky issues. I have never been disappointed in the warm and friendly response of the staff at all levels. All of the rooms that I have stayed in have been updated. For me it is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!