“Older look, but worth the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Inn at Reading
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Park Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Vineland, New Jersey
“Older look, but worth the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was visiting my son and didn't feel like driving 2 hours back home, so we decided to stay for the night. I didn't feel like paying to much for a room so I googled some local hotels and found a special that was running that night only for only $45.00 a night ($57.63 with taxes etc.) I was a little skeptical because it was so cheap, but boy was it a sweet surprise. The rooms were very roomy and clean. The beds was so comfortable and soft! I slept like a baby and woke up refreshed! They also have a restaurant on the premises and the food was good.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 1 week ago
DeeMickey,
Thank you for staying with us recently, we were so please to see you had a restful and pleasant stay. We hope you will stay with us next time you are visiting your son and enjoy the many attractions Reading has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ft lauderdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am diamond with Hilton and prefer the Inn at Reading over the Hampton Inn for service, price, a great breakfast, wonderful personnel and not to overlook a great bed.
This location has undergone remarkable upgrades since it was the Reading Motor Inn. Worthy of consideration over higher priced hotels

Room Tip: I understand each of the rooms is unique but I believe you will be satisfied with whatever room you...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Chris B, Owner at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Richard,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to compliment the staff. Without the dedicated associates that cater to all of our guests, we would be just another hotel. Our focus is 100% customer service.
We look forward to your return.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have always like this property for its large room and inexpensive pricing, but this is no longer enough. Stayed here on a visit to Reading only to find that conditions have gotten worse since our 2013 visit.

First, on the positive side: very nice bed and linens. Very comfy. Front desk service was better than earlier visit. Had an issue with a broken toilet chain and room service was there within minutes to fix it on a weekend night. They were very pleasant. All staff encountered were very helpful.

I reported a room AC filter that looked like it hadn't been changed in years, but sadly the next occupant will have to deal with that. The filter was very dirty and still not replaced. The AC/ heating unit never turns off. I don't know if it was designed this way but it was loud and incessant. Besides that it kept on putting out heat when set for cooling. But the straw that broke this camels back was the yellow water that came out of the tub fixture. I might have tolerated it, it only lasted for a minute (like there was a buildup that washed out in a gallon or so), but the tub didn't drain properly! So there you are with a shower tub fast filling up with yellow water. But there was a fix. You have to let this first "flush" of yellow water drain, then you can restart it and you can stand in cleaner, I.e. Non-yellow, water.
Lastly is the wifi. I'm still waiting for my page to load!

Yes, the pricing on this property can be significantly cheaper than others. Yes, you get a lot of room for your buck. But I'll pay the $20 or more for fewer surprises.

Room Tip: The room are large. Executive wing offers frig.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Michael,
Thank you for letting me know of your concerns during your recent stay. It pleases me to know the staff was responsive to your requests, I will find out why your filter was not replaced.
I have contacted the township to find out if they had been working on our domestic water supply, I am still waiting for an answer. I apologize for this inconvenience, they assured me there is no risk to the guests.
I checked the AC unit and found it off so I am not sure why you were unable to shut it down?
No hotel can predict when something might go wrong while a guest is staying with you, how you respond is the difference. I am please the issues you brought to our attention were addressed. I hope you will reconsider returning next time you visit the area, your business means a lot to us.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will admit, after reading several negative reviews, I was skeptical of this property. Having booked through Hotwire, I did not have a choice but to either stay or lose money. I was immediately checked into a room with 2 double beds. Traveling alone, and being a larger man, I called the front desk to ask if they could switch me to a King room - that was done quickly and efficiently! I was given a map, which was hi-lighted to tell me where I could find my building entrance and room. Too often, travelers expect way too much from any hotel - especially older ones. They see one stray hair in a room and kick into "hero mode", wanting to warn anyone and everyone to stay away from the horrible place. I think the age of this place adds to its character! I felt completely comfortable at this property! Thanks so much!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dean,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know you enjoyed your stay. We are continuing to bring back the charm of the Inn at Reading as we renovate our rooms and public space. The outstanding staff here works very hard at making all of our guest feel at home, thank you for your kind words.
Our gingerbread village in the lobby and our holiday buffets are just another part of what we are doing to bring back the Berks County Charm and Experience. We look forward to your return.
lakewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

Let me start with Kelly .She is a sale rep working under Tony who is a great guy,Kelly is smart and very understanding of any specific needs that arose and there were many .As we are a religious group.The banquet rooms were beautiful tall ceilings with gorgeous chandeliers .The whole staff were bent on accommodating any possible request .Adam and Jodi broke their heads by giving everyone the rooms that were requested and keeping each family near each other.Tony gave a rate that made things work.Thanks to all.Especially to GM Chris we all loved it.Looking forward to next event in early April.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Fred,
We enjoyed having your group last week, thank you so much for your kind words. I will thank the staff personally and share your review with them. Without the hard work of everyone at the hotel it would be impossible to provide the guest service all of our guests come to expect from the Inn.
We look forward to seeing you in April.
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

Beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean. Staff was great. Nice restaurant and bar with good food and friendly waiters. Loved the breakfast every morning. Two desks in the room was handy. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 21, 2014
Jenni,
Thank you for your kind words, I will certainly share this with the entire staff. The associates are the backbone of any hotel and they do work hard each and every day to provide the best customer service possible. I am very proud to be working next to such a fine group of individuals that want to make our guests stay the best.
We look forward to your next visit with us.
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Had issues almost from the time I arrived. Staff was helpful but had to visit the front desk way too often. Keys stopped working (more than once), staff left my hotel room door open (door didn't close by itself) after bringing my requested refrigerator (didn't have that on file) into my room. Room was clean, bed comfy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Chris B, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Unfortunately the magnetic key card system most hotels are using have the same problem of the key cards being demagnetized by cell phones or other magnetic fields, my apologize for this inconvenience. I will certainly share your experience with the entire staff. We look forward to your return to the Reading area.

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!