“Poor poor management” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Thornton, Colorado
“Poor poor management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A 1/2 star rating... a dump!
Don't know how these places get 3 stars... this was a pig sty! Drove up and noticed window shudders falling apart, plastic over several windows... one of the pillars 1/2 off it's concrete post.... I thot "uh oh, this is a dump!" Went in Lobby, old & dated, and untended to... behind check-in desk paint peeling... floors old and dirty... Drove to room in Building D, walked into reception area and couches filthy... steps to upstairs filthy, walls and doors gouged & chipped, needed painted (replaced)... walked into room and it was okay for a Motel 6, but not a 3 star hotel... I should have consulted Trip advisor b4 booking! I'm so glad my wife wasn't with me... I thot "OK, just go to bed, ur the richest man in the world when you close your eyes, it can't get any worse" WRONG!!! fire alarm went off at 4 AM... I thot; "Managment probably doesn't maintain that either!"

Room Tip: there are no good rooms...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent 3 nights at The Inn at Reading and was not happy 1 night. The room had a musty and foul odor. I called the Front Desk to complain and was told someone would come to spray a deodorizer. After the spraying, I had problems breathing and coughed a lot. I noticed the carpet was dirty and stained, the bathroom looked as if it had not been recently cleaned, there were no trash cans in the room and the mattress kept sliding off the box spring. Prior to arriving, I had requested a handicap room, I don't know the definition for a handicap room at The Inn, I certainly did not get one. The staff was friendly and tried to make a bad situation better. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: I can not recommend a good room
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Chris B, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Myrtlene,
We did have you in one of our accessible rooms per your request and I am sorry you were not happy with the accommodations. The carpet in that room had been recently replaced in 2012.
I inspected the room personally and found no musty odor however I have addressed the bed issue with the owner and we will have these replace in the next few weeks. We are committed on improving many areas of the hotel to make our guests stay more comfortable.
I am please to hear our staff worked hard to address your concerns as best they could. I appreciate your comments allowing us to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Staff was friendly at check in and out. Our room was adequate but a makeover would really improve this place. Carpets are especially in need of some help. Restaurant was average. Frankly I'd consider other possibilities before returning here.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris B, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Bernie,
I will address your comments with our owner and we will replace carpets wherever they are needed. I welcome and value our guests feedback in order to improve the hotel. I know we are not the "new guy's" but the staff works very hard to provide the best customer service to have our guests feel at home. Several renovation projects are underway to continuously improve the hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had 2 rooms for overnight stay at the Inn at Reading. I called 4 hotels in Reading before making a reservation and this place had the best price. Other places charge almost double. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of rooms. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very spacious, quite and comfortable. There was some contruction going on but it did not bother us. The breakfast was free for 2 people per room and it was one of the better ones. We also had dinner at their restuarant and it was real good. Staff is very courteous. Over all we liked this place and will definitely recomend.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Chris B, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Rosie,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind remarks. I will bring these to my next staff meeting and congratulate everyone on their hard work. Soon we will be introducing a weekend room and dinner package for anyone looking to get away for a relaxing evening.
It was our pleasure serving you and hope to see you again in the near future.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

everything was close - not a lot of walking from our rooms to the meetings. Ate in the restaurant for dinner & breakfast. Both meals were very good.
All the employees were very friendly & helpful. The restaurant was overwhelmed by 75 women all coming in for dinner & needing to be out all at the same time for our meeting, but they did a great job & got us all fed in time for our meetings!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Denise,
We enjoy hosting your group and look forward to your return. Our food and beverage department is dedicated to providing exceptional service and our chef and his staff prepare excellent food.
Thank you for your kind words, I will certainly pass these on to the staff.
Lewisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this once regal inn. In the past this place was something to see and was very easily accessed from the bypass. After the bypass access was closed I believe things went downhill for this once special hotel. There were extensive renovations being done to the exterior due to the recent hailstorm that bombarded Reading. When I entered the wing in which I was staying I was sadly disappointed. The interior halls were dingy and stale smelling mostly of smoke and musty odors. Upon entrance to our room the smell was ok and the room was clean and comfortable. However, the rooms could use a renovation also. The drapes at the window were faded and torn and the rug was in dire need of cleaning or replacement. The bed was comfortable and the room sufficiently met our needs. Housekeeping was good each day and replenished our towels and other needs. We did not partake in the restaurant brunch or room service. Overall I was comfortable and the Inn at Reading met my needs although I was letdown in the overall experience of this once grand place.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Luci,
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay, they staff works very hard to maintain the hotel and provide our guests with the best service and accommodations. We welcome our guests feedback and will do whatever we can to rectify any issues that arise during your stay. We are in the process of several renovations exterior and interior to improve all of guests experience. We hope you will return and see what we are doing over the next several months.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff at the inn at reading are very nice and accommodating. The breakfast (included in our rate) was not four star food, but it was served in a restaurant with real dinnerware, etc -- no styrofoam.
The hotel is pretty run down - carpets are filthy and paint is peeling and there's a musty smell. On the plus side, the bed was very comfy. I can't imagine hanging out in our room, but for the necessities of sleeping and showering, it was fine. It was also the least expensive place in the area, but for $10 more, there is a similar newer hotel down the road that's much nicer... Though their bkfast is pretty bad: self serve on styrofoam plates and cups.

• Stayed August 2014
Terence A, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Ivalou,
Thank you for your comments, we always welcome our guests feedback giving us the opportunity to improve service and our facility. I do apologize for any issues you might have had during your stay. I know the staff at the Inn are here ready and willing to address any issue and accommodate for any problems that arise.
I am happy to say we have begun the repairs to the outside of the hotel from the hail damage we suffered a few weeks ago. Improving the hotel for our guests comfort and enjoyment will continue to be our objective.
We look forward to your return in the future to show you our improvements.

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!