“Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at Inn at Reading last week for a holiday party with some friends. The ball room was beautifully decorated. Food and drinks were great. The service was excellent. We did not plan to stay overnight however it was getting late and we got a room at very reasonable price. House keeping girl took care of all the amenities we needed. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you for hospitality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your banquet event and the we were also able to provide you with a great value and comfortable accommodations.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
ELLINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Friends of ours told us this was once the premier hotel in Wyomissing and it certainly gives that appearance as you arrive. Laid out in several building around a center court housing the pool and lawns, it offers all the amenities one would find in a grand hotel. Large banquet rooms, convenient meeting spaces, a tavern and restaurant. Unfortunately time has marched on and they are in competition with a number of much newer chain hotels. We visited with a bus tour group and found the accommodations to be satisfactory, with the rooms ample and clean, but clearly showing their age by multiple coats of paint and old style bathrooms. There was no refrigerator in our room, although some rooms may be so equipped. One of the drawers in the bureau was broken. The HVAC unit did not have a thermostat that only went from hot to cold and could not be set to a specific temperature.

Overnight guests seem to be lacking due to the week as I went to the tavern and found only 3 patrons there and no one in the dining room. The number of cars in the parking lot were few.

What keeps it going appears to be events during the day such as association and business meetings and weddings at other times.

Bottom line is that is a very acceptable facility that is slightly off the main throroughfares.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. I will share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Inn at Reading is a sprawled out single story motel/hotel with full bar/restaurant/meeting facilities on-site. It is not fancy, but the rooms are large, clean and comfortable, if a bit sparse. Fixtures are all "builder-grade"...nothing custom.

The rate I paid was about right for the quality of the room ($99/night which included breakfast).
Window type heating/air units are a bit noisy at night. I thought the breakfast was basic mass produced eggs/sausage and cereals/pastries and normal drip-coffee with reconstituted juice... nothing gourmet-like. Still, the staff were friendly and accommodating; the restaurant server was very eager-to-please with coffee and whatever I asked. For a one-night pass through town, the Inn at Reading is a decent economical alternative. Parking is "motel-style", but is plentiful.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk to the lobby, ask for rooms closer to the front. Rooms in the back provide mo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am happy that you found The Inn at Reading to be a good value and that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure that I share all of your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to the Reading area.
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

20 years ago, the Inn at reading was the best place to stay. Today, it is still a charming place stuck in time. Rates are pretty good! Big rooms and very clean! I recommend this hotel, no questions asked! Great ambiance and will appreciate the people there !

Stayed November 2013
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your business and we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests while providing them with a quality room product. I will make sure that I share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Blandon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This place has a well-maintained classic charm. We liked the room - nice size with comfortable bed, clean, bright , 2 vanities and beautiful bathroom . The only thing I found out of place was the iron on the floor. The staff is very courteous and goes above and beyond to help. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The food was great. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found The Inn at Reading to be a great value. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant/tavern and that our team provided you with exceptional service. I will be sure to relay all of your comments to the rest of the staff.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to being able to serve you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here one night. Actually tonight. Bar closed at 11 and bartender told us we could get a drink but had to bring it back to our room bc she was done for the night. At 1050. We paid for an executive room. As I do here in my executive room I wonder what I paid 50 dollars more for besides the king bed. I don't know if they knew we would see a standard room but it's just as nice just had two standard size beds instead. Vending machine only takes exact change so I couldn't buy a spa to dilute my super stron Long Island I had to drink in my hotel room. Maybe it's just an off night for the hotel as they are fully booked for a phish concert.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations. You are correct in that our closing time for the Tavern is 11:00 pm Sunday- Thursday and 12:00 am on Friday and Saturday. I apologize that you were rushed out of the tavern and I will address that with the staff. As far as the Executive rooms versus the Traditional rooms; The Executive Rooms are larger and they have more amenities including refrigerators. The rates on all room types vary based on demand and availability.

Thank you and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Reading.
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed our one-night stay here in a room with a king sized bed. It is not a chain and it has a little more personal feel to it. The front desk person was genuinely nice and polite. The free breakfast was in an attractive restaurant. We had dinner in the tavern. The food was good there, but the service was a bit sketchy. The room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Reading area..

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!