“Inn at Reading - Kudos” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Wyomissing
DeBary, Florida
“Inn at Reading - Kudos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were delighted by our experience with booking the Inn at Reading through Priceline. It was an added bonus to find a pet-friendly room, our dachshund enjoyed herself.

The accommodations were excellent and exceeded our expectations. Many thanks to Adam for making our check-in/check-out a breeze. Also, thanks to Derek who was our personal barkeep & tolerated our boring stories. Brad, the Bar Manager, also was a sport for keeping us company while we enjoyed our delicious dinner.

If we're ever in the Reading area again, would definitely like to visit the Inn again.

Sally & Frank Miller
DeBary Florida

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for all of your comments. I am glad to hear that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay at The Inn at Reading. I have shared all of your comments with our staff. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading.

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first stay at the Inn at Reading and my experience from check-in to check-out was very satisfying. The room was clean and very spacious with a nice setting. The food/drinks was good at the bar. I had a quiet sleep on a comfortable bed. The breakfast was hot and had a good variety. The gym had sufficient equipment to burn out some calories. I did not try pool but did see many people enjoying it. Overall, the service was excellent with very friendly staff. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service, quality of rooms and the food and beverages at the Publick House Restaurant & Tavern; as well as our other amenities.

I thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we all look forward to being able to serve you again in the future..
Budd Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were back for the second time this year and had the same experience as of the last time. This time we enjoyed the pool and had a romantic dinner at cabana bar near the pool. The food was excellent and the service was great. It was a busy weekend with a lot of happy people in a beautiful relaxing setting. Again, we found clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Tim at the reception desk was awesome and offered to help us on anything we needed. We will be back again in winter.

Room Tip: Live music or DJ by the cabana bar will make more enjoyable
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying with us again at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to The Inn at Reading. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I will also be sure to share your comments with Tim.

Thanks again for staying at The Inn at Reading and for all of your comments.
new york, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Inn at Reading is a 1.5 star on its’ best day. It’s an Inn from days gone by. They have put zero dollars upgrading, modernizing, or cleaning the rooms at this motel. This hotel is not even on par with a Motel-6, or a Red-Roof.

The first room I checked into did not have air-conditioning. It was not broken… the room did not have it. After switching rooms, I found the second room had a heating / air-conditioning system from the 1950's. Based on the smell it is safe to assume the filters had never been changed. The room smelled so musty it probably had not been opened in months. The glued on tile ceiling had water stains. The carpet was dark and dirty. The mattress sagged. Should anyone on the planet rate this hotel above 2-stars I would question their travel experience.

Frankly, it is not the hotel's fault, as "it is what it is”. I had hoped to purchase a 3-star hotel room via price line. But I received a 1.5-star hotel pretending to be more. I fault Priceline for exaggerating or not researching the star ratings. When I bid on a 3-start hotel, I expect to receive a 3-star hotel. If I wanted a 1.5-star hotel, I could have bid for one.

The Inn at Reading does have a bar/restaurant. I did not eat there. However, based on the quality of the room and other public areas, I would never feel safe dinning in their restaurant.

The receptionist was a bearded mess, but did switch my room promptly and politely without question when asked.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, request the “Executive Wing”… it’s still a dump, but slightly less so.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest.

I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I have reviewed your comments and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I am a little confused by some of your statements and I would like to discuss them further with you. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to correct these issues and misinformation while you were still on property.

All of our rooms without exception have air conditioning. We have renovated almost all of our traditional guest rooms and there are only about ten rooms left to renovate over the next few months. Our renovations include new carpeting, freshly painted rooms, new bedding packages, 32" flat screen t.v's , newly tiled bathrooms, new showers/tubs and new lighting packages.

I am confident that you would have enjoyed yourself, If you would have actually dined in our restaurant or tavern. Our chef and restaurant have received many accolades for the food quality and all of our associates strive to provide each of our guests with the best guest experience.

We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve all of our guests and whenever there is an issue we do our best to correct the issue immediately. Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I began planning a special birthday celebration for my cousin who has a rare terminal disease, Multiple Systems Atrophy, in January. I decided to go with The Inn at Reading because of the atmosphere of the Publick House Restaurant in the hotel. It has a very relaxed, homey, atmosphere that you don't find at other hotels that only have conference rooms. Our party of 60 was able to sit together in the quaint restaurant with a bar that sat off to the side. After the meal family members played pool near the bar or remained at the restaurant to chat. As if the atmosphere wasn't warm enough, the support staff was even more welcoming. People went out of their way to make the weekend spectacular. JD and Lee at the pool bar gave the kids soft drinks with light up ice cubes on Friday night and balloon animals on Saturday night. The kids were thrilled and swam in the pool until while the adults mingled. The manager of the dinning room, Jeri, met with me before, during, and after the meal to make sure things were set up to and followed thru with my liking. They set up a screen and projector in the Publick House for our slide show so that it naturally fit in with the tables. I had it in my mind just how I wanted things to go and Jeri worked with me down to the last detail to ensure I was happy with the set up. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. To top it off we had a delicious brunch in the corner of the restaurant on Sunday morning. The room is set apart from the main restaurant. We had our privacy but were still part of the homey restaurant environment. The brunch had a large selection of hot foods and desserts. All the food was very good. I was especially pleased with the menu we selected for the Saturday evening birthday party. Charlie did an excellent job with our meals. All 60 meals were hot and delicious. I know for a fact that they were serving a wedding party at the same time as our event, but our meals did not reflect it. The meals were served promptly at 5:30. Everything done at the inn met my expectations. I could not have had a more enjoyable weekend. All my relatives raved about what a wonderful party it was. Lastly, my hats off to Laurie Owens, who coordinating everything for me from January to the day of the party in August. She emailed and met with me as often as I wanted. She shared in my passion to make everything perfect and worked every detail out with me, including giving me ideas for the gift baskets and getting all twelve of them to the guest rooms before they arrived. My hats off to all of you!!! It truly was one of the most memorable weekends of my life. My cousin Terry was speechless.

Strafford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend function recently. The room was just OK and staff was friendly. What turned us off was when we approached the pool area there were signs on the gate said something like “no personal food or drink permitted in the pool area, must be purchased at the poolside cabana or in the inside restaurant"…… What?? I never experienced this level of greed before at a hotel. What made this even more ridiculous was the pool cabana was not even open! There were numerous small children with families at poolside, luckily the ignored the rule so as to feed their kids things other than hot dogs and hamburgers. Some people did get reprimanded however for bringing in their own items.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that the staff was friendly.

You are correct in the statement that no outside food or beverage is allowed in our pool/pavilion area. We have a wide variety of food and beverage that are extremely reasonably priced from our Full Service Restaurant, Cabana bar or Banquet department. The pool and pavilion areas are serviced by our Food & Beverage staff and both the food & beverages are served in shatter proof dinnerware and glassware to prevent any safety issues around the pool/pavilion area. (Cabana Bar is open Friday and Saturday Evenings Memorial Day through Labor Day - weather permitting) Also as a side note for future visits; There is a picnic table that is located at the end of Executive Wing for any guests who wish to use it.

I thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped at the Inn at Reading for the night while on a road trip. The room was large and clean, with no noise from other rooms. The staff was nice and helpful when we checked in late-night, which was great. They supplied a crib for our baby, which was great, though it would have been better if it was waiting in our room when we arrived. Nevertheless, it arrived within 15 minutes of checking in, so it all worked out. No free breakfast, which was a bummer, but otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!