“Could have been better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Wyomissing
Strafford
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend function recently. The room was just OK and staff was friendly. What turned us off was when we approached the pool area there were signs on the gate said something like “no personal food or drink permitted in the pool area, must be purchased at the poolside cabana or in the inside restaurant"…… What?? I never experienced this level of greed before at a hotel. What made this even more ridiculous was the pool cabana was not even open! There were numerous small children with families at poolside, luckily the ignored the rule so as to feed their kids things other than hot dogs and hamburgers. Some people did get reprimanded however for bringing in their own items.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that the staff was friendly.

You are correct in the statement that no outside food or beverage is allowed in our pool/pavilion area. We have a wide variety of food and beverage that are extremely reasonably priced from our Full Service Restaurant, Cabana bar or Banquet department. The pool and pavilion areas are serviced by our Food & Beverage staff and both the food & beverages are served in shatter proof dinnerware and glassware to prevent any safety issues around the pool/pavilion area. (Cabana Bar is open Friday and Saturday Evenings Memorial Day through Labor Day - weather permitting) Also as a side note for future visits; There is a picnic table that is located at the end of Executive Wing for any guests who wish to use it.

I thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped at the Inn at Reading for the night while on a road trip. The room was large and clean, with no noise from other rooms. The staff was nice and helpful when we checked in late-night, which was great. They supplied a crib for our baby, which was great, though it would have been better if it was waiting in our room when we arrived. Nevertheless, it arrived within 15 minutes of checking in, so it all worked out. No free breakfast, which was a bummer, but otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a WONDERFUL experience at this hotel! From check-in to check-out, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed here from July 22nd to July 26th, 2013.

Breakfast was very tasty: scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, toast, self-made waffles, pastries, coffee & juice. I want to let everyone know that the breakfast buffet is FREE on the weekdays ONLY & we were fortunate to be staying there Monday through Friday. I would pay for the breakfast on the weekend as well, it is well worth it! Dinner at their restaurant was great, too. The food there was overall, great tasting!

They have a great restaurant, bar, billiards table, swimming pool & fitness center right on the hotel property. The outside pool is very inviting! We have family who lives in Reading, PA and we wanted to be close to them so we stayed here.

The room was very appealing and the king sized bed was sooooooooo COMFORTABLE!! There is a Vanity Fair Shopping Outlet nearby, walking distance for us and it had great unbelievable inexpensive items!

We loved the hotel so much that we are going back for Labor Day weekend to finish our summer off & to shop, shop, shop!! Thank you, Staff at Inn At Reading Hotel, for making our first stay at PA so welcoming! See you soon!!

Room Tip: Request a room by the pool if you will be swimming most of your stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for all of your feedback and for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our wonderful buffet breakfast as well as our friendly service and other amenities . I will make sure that I share all of your comments with the rest of the staff and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we'll see you soon..
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It’s a charming place with long hallways and corridors. The rooms are big, but the beds are a little small, but adequate and comfortable. The two sinks, one in the bathroom and one out are a nice feature. Didn’t spend much time at the hotel, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay again if I find my way back. Close to the Baseball stadium, so if you’re in for a game, probably the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and for all of your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the rooms were of value and the service was friendly. I will make sure that I share your comments with all of the different departments.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to the Reading area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Inn at Reading is an old but well maintained hotel. I have stayed at this property many times in last 20 years. It has the same charm as always with friendly and courteous staff. The room was much improved with nice finishes. Overall value was much better than ever before. Price for room and dinner at restaurant now cost less than what I spent few years back. The breakfast was great as always. The pool and courtyard with cabana bar is nice place to relax. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am happy that you had a great experience at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate all your comments and I am glad that you were able to enjoy our restaurant and cabana bar area. I will share all of your comments with the staff.

Thank you for your continued support over the years and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the second time that I stayed at this hotel for a convention and the experience was totally different. After checking in, we were given a room in building #6; and it was less than desirable. It was a very, very old room with a musty smell. The AC was regulated by an old thermostat and only one small air vent that worked in the ceiling - could only be felt when standing directly below it. It was a large room, but all the furniture was old, outdated and seriously needed to be cleaned. We made sure not to sit on the pull out sofa or the two other chairs that were in the room. I used wipes and cleaned the tables again (just to be sure). The room continued to have a weird smell and feel extremely hot and muggy. I called the front desk to complain and they said that maintenance wouldn't be available for another 45 minutes or so, because they were working on the roof fixing leaks in another part of the Inn. We decided to leave the room for a few hours in hope that they would go to our room at some point and fix it. I then went to the front desk and asked about our room and was told the AC was an older unit and it takes "awhile" to cool. (July 4th weekend - it was hot!!) I informed him that I suffer with migraines and it wasn't acceptable. I compared the air quality to someone holding something over my face-yes, suffocating. I mentioned that air needs to circulate with a fan or something. When I returned to my room hours later, a fan was left there. We were never given the option to change rooms, etc. It was an experience that I would not want to have again and would want people to have an appropriate perspective of the possibilities of being in one of the "older rooms."

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer or renovated rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete both of your reviews. I am glad to see that you enjoyed The Inn at Reading during your first visit. I apologize that your second visit did not exceed your expectations. There are only a few rooms that have not been renovated and they should be completed in the next few months. I wish we would have been able to change your room for you.
I will also discuss all of your concerns with the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers to help ensure that we do a better job handling these types of issues in the future.

I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Reading.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Reading and found that The Inn at Reading has the best value. The only thing is that I did not get any miles or rewards for my stay but this place had everything else to offer. The room was clean, renovated and spacious with comfortable bed. Staff is very friendly and goes extra mile to help. The service was excellent from desk clerk to server to housekeeper; the breakfast was hot with a lot of variety; the restaurant food was great and reasonably priced. I did not enjoy the pool but could see a lot of guest utilizing beautiful pool from my room. This is my place for stay now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along all of your comments to the staff as well.

We look forward seeing you again soon. Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!