“Hospitality at its Best” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Reading
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Park Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Hospitality at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel as we were supposed to stay only for a night but ended up staying for 2 nights. My mom gave me a Christmas gift for shopping at VA outlets and made a reservation for me and my husband at Inn at Reading. The girl at check-in was very friendly and helpful with the best shopping tips. The hotel looks older but we were amazed at the quality of room and its bathroom. It was all new, spotless and very spacious. In the evening, we had very nice dinner at their restaurant. It was homely feeling with comfy bed and we had very good sleep. Next morning, we enjoyed hot breakfast in restaurant. When it was almost time for us to check out, I asked my husband if it ok to stay for another night after shopping. He loved that idea. We also ate at another restaurant near the outlets. The food was not better than that of hotel but was very expensive. Though there was not much to do around the town, we enjoyed the shopping at the outlets and our 2 night stay at this hotel. We will definitely return here to relax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the court yard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Mary,
Thank you so much for staying at The Inn at Reading. We are very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We are also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurant as well as the hotel and local shopping attractions.

Thank you again and we hope to see you and your husband again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have gone here for several years for Christmas dinner, this one was the worst.
We were seated at the farthest table from the buffet in the Pub. No table clothes on the tables, on a holiday unacceptable. The server eventually greeted us after approximately 10 minutes even though the area where were seated was almost empty. He asked if we wanted something to drink. The head of the table said we would like a bottle if wine. The server responded "what kind". No wine list was offered so he was asked if they has Chardonnay, he responded "yeah it's about $24 dollars".
He did bring the bottle already uncorked and pours equal amounts into the three glasses, no tasting was offered.
The buffet food was just bad. The best offering was the chicken with wild rice soup. They offered Au Gratin potatoes which tasted awful I don't know what they were. I had to wait 5 minutes for someone to show up at the carving station for a slice of cold fatty ham. The sweet potatoes and corn were okay. The had chicken fingers in a serving mist of which appeared to be under cooked. I took one that seemed to be properly cooked by color. It was hard and tasted like it had been there from the first round of food put out. Dessert was okay but took a long time for the server to offer coffee and never offered a second cup.
Sadly this restaurant in the only game in town on Christmas Day. After a number years of good experiences here on Christmas Day, after this year we will be eating at home.

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Temple, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I attended a Christmas party there today and didn't have the experience I was hoping for. The food was delivered pretty randomly around the room (one or two at one table, then a few at another, then just one at ours, it was very haphazard.) The ham was very good, however the potatoes were very dry and overcooked (all around the table) and the vegetables were limp and just sad. The portions around the table were also not consistent. One plate looked full next to another plate of the same meal that looked lacking.

We did ask for refill on the rolls basket, and we were told there were no more. Not two minutes later we saw 2 other tables behind us get a new basket of rolls. The tea at the table didn't have any ice in it and it was quite an experience getting coffee. We asked our server, but several minutes later when we still didn't get any coffee, someone at the table asked another wait staff who was at the table next to us with a coffee pot in her hand for coffee, her response, with attitude, was "Your waiter will get you your own coffee." She did fill that ONE person's cup and walk away. We finally did get coffee from our waiter, but refills apparently weren't an option.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam:

I thank you for contacting me regarding the function that you attended at The Inn at Reading. I will discuss all of your comments with the Managers and staff of the Food and Beverage department. We usually have excellent reviews of our banquet functions (food and service ) so I was very disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations. The food quality and service that you described are definitely not up to our standards and I will personally make sure that it is addressed. I sincerely apologize for not providing better service.

I would like to discuss your review with you further. Please feel free to email me or call me at (610) 372-7811. Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were told we were getting a recently renovated room. It was nice and you could tell it had new carpet, furniture, paint, etc. We were pleased with the spacious room. It was quiet in our section and we did not have any disturbances from people in nearby rooms or in the halls. The hotel is close to many things including the Reading Outlets (VF Outlets) and restaurants.

My biggest issue was the confusion on the free but not free breakfast that is offered. The front desk clerk said breakfast started at 7am the next morning, she didn't tell us that it is only free on weekdays. So, Saturday morning we strolled down to the dining room and were told the buffet was such and such price or we could order from the menu. I have a tip for the management.....make some signage about this. I believe it could be simply explained to the guests at check in as to what days the breakfast is included. But, definitely a sign should be posted by the dining room, only because if not informed by the staff you have no clue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely look into posting some more information on our weekend breakfast prices and policy.

Thank you again for staying and The Inn at Reading and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Held all day training session on 14 Nov. I've been working with Tony Reyes for years now, and it only took one phone call and two brief emails and my entire event for 50 people was planned, including contract, overnight rooms for my special guests, menus (including special dietary needs), AV, and networking mixer.

I arrived at 6:45 AM and for a meeting planner, this facility is perfect for unloading and set-up. Everything was perfect. The staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. Because of the number of staff servicing my event I assumed we were the only group on-site, but later I headed to the lobby and was surprised to see every single meeting room was occupied with an event. This facility is really focused on customer service!

Food was staged beautifully, and of the highest quality. As lunch was wrapping up, I saw one of my attendees approach a server and comment on the great food, and at least three other attendees tracked me down and complimented the food and service.

The customer is still king at the Inn at Reading. Professional staff, exceptional food, and willingness to remain flexible to accommodate special requests. I'm already checking my calendar to see when I can return with another event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rose,

Thank you so much for your comments. It was our pleasure to be able to serve you. I am very glad that your event went well and that you were pleased with the quality service and food that we provide our guests. I will thank Tony and the rest of the staff for their efforts and I will also pass along your comments as well.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you again.
Bracknell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My second visit here, the first being in 1993. It still had its friendly welcoming atmosphere, and the bar seemed familiar. Instead of direct access from the main road on my earlier visit, access is now via a convoluted route. But the Inn's directions are faultless! It has an imposing entrance leading to a large lobby. It is fairly spacious inside, having a large number of function rooms, so there is plenty of opportunity to wander about inside, especially as it was raining. The Inn is situated very close to two busy major roads, but there was little road noise inside in my room. The area around the Inn seems to be mostly residential with several interspersed industrial estates. There is a huge Outlet Mall about a mile away.My bedroom was large, comfy beds, coffee maker etc, but no safe. No internal noise apart from the inevitable load talking guest.The room's decor had a refurbished appearance but the corridors to the rooms had seen wear. Free Wi-Fi throughout the Inn.
Reception was very friendly and helpful, supplying a map of local eateries, which are plentiful within a short drive, or a 15 minute walk. There is a gas station next door with a convenience store. For old times sake, we ate in the Publick Bar. There was a wide range of food and drink, briskly served and delivered, decent quality and prices.
The included breakfast was enjoyable. The restaurant and buffet had been devastated by two tour groups, so we waited for 10 mins till order was re-installed. Then it was really good; great service, quiet restful ambiance, good range of food- very adequate. (Advice here is to ask reception when the tour groups are eating- and avoid them)
All in all good value for money, a pleasant second stay.

Room Tip: Probably rooms facing the pool may suffer from less road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Inn at Reading. I will review all of your comments with my staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Four of us stayed here in late october. We were greeted warmly upon our early afternoon arrival, Unlike 2 years ago, the new reception desk was quite accomadating. ie- early check-in,directions,room choice,etc.BRAVO FOR THE MANAGEMENT..

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your response. I am gad to see that you noticed the changes that we have made at The Inn at Reading. It was truly our pleasure to be able to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the Reading area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
4.5 of 5 stars 466 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wyomissing (Reading)
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!