“Great place for Date Night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Wrightsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Enjoy casual dining in a restored silk mill along the Susquehanna River. Our four seasons Dining Room, a timbered structure that extends from our building and is enclosed on three sides with glass, has a breathtaking view of the River at one of its widest points. The menus include fresh, locally produced foods which vary with the seasons. In the summertime, some are grown on the premises. The temperature controlled dining room is open for lunch, dinner, Saturday Breakfast, and Sunday brunch. If you are looking for a banquet facility for an event, please conside our newly renovated, River Room located on the second floor.
Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Great place for Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a date night to the John Wright restaurant while I was visiting him from Chicago. What a great place. We were seated overlooking the river. We ordered the Maryland Crab Dip for an appetizer - awesome! We shared the Double Thick Porkchops and the Filet. They were both wonderful along with our horseradish mashed potatoes. The experience was top notch. We will be back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, PA
“Very cool place with a beautiful Autumn view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was my second visit, so I was somewhat familiar with the establishment. My wife and kids enjoyed lunch with an awesome view of the river and fall foliage. All the staff was dressed up for Halloween which my kids enjoyed. Crab bisque was a favorite of mine. I had it on my first visit and will probably have it each time I go. Their outdoor dining area looks welcoming but with little kids it may be hard to keep them in their seats! Be sure to walk down to the river and enjoy the view for one of the benches that are riverside.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“One of the best in Central PA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very unique and scenic location right on the Susquehanna River. We love it here for dinner and happy hour as well. Fresh dishes prepared from local sources. Unique cocktails and desserts as well.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, PA
“Lovely Lunch Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary having lunch beside the river. The view is wonderful and the food was tasty! He ordered a Crab Cake which surprised him by being a sandwich. It had a delicious, homemade sauce on it. I had a Chicken Caesar Wrap, with dressing that tasted homemade and perfectly cooked chicken. Soups also tasted homemade and were wonderful!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sayre PA
“Visited on Recomendation of Family member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

At a twice yearly event in York and was looking for place away crowds in York. Brother-in-law sent us to John Wright's. we found it with no problem(love the GPS ) We did not have a reservation and main dining room was booked at that point so we were offered outdoor seating or seating in the bar area. took the bar area as it was early evening and chilly however in warmer times it would be great. Our "wait person" I guess not politically correct to say waitress! Was great excellent explained the specials to us in detail and was prompt to answer a question we had. my wife ordered the fish special and I went with the trusty Filet mignon both very good and served promptly! We enjoyed our dinners, the atmosphere and the service. We shall return!!

• Visited October 2013