“Delicious crab cakes!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Wrightsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy casual dining in a restored silk mill along the Susquehanna River. Our four seasons Dining Room, a timbered structure that extends from our building and is enclosed on three sides with glass, has a breathtaking view of the River at one of its widest points. The menus include fresh, locally produced foods which vary with the seasons. In the summertime, some are grown on the premises. The temperature controlled dining room is open for lunch, dinner, Saturday Breakfast, and Sunday brunch. If you are looking for a banquet facility for an event, please conside our newly renovated, River Room located on the second floor. Our seasonal Pizza Patio restaurant is open from May until September featuring Wood Fired Pizza's!
York, PA
“Delicious crab cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A girlfriend and I enjoyed dinner here last weekend during the Civil War festivities. We did not have a reservation, but luckily someone had cancelled so we were able to be seated right away! My friend has a gluten allergy so she of course asked what type of filler was used in the crab cakes - the answer was none, and they were delicious! The asparagus side was amazing as well! The only thing that would've made the evening better is if we could've enjoyed dinner outside. Beautiful view, and the service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Molly C, Public Relations Manager at John Wright Store & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your response and hope you return soon! Please call us at 717-252-0416 and we would be happy to reserve a table for you outside for dinner or our pizza patio menu.

Pilesgrove, New Jersey
“What a view?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I went for a weekday lunch in early May and had a very pleasant experience I had the Foundry burger and fries and my wife had the asparagus and crab soup and a mixed green salad we both enjoyed our lunch,.our server was very pleasant and helpful. You can't beat the view and the weather was great !

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Molly C, Guest Relations Manager at John Wright Store & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
“Buffet Sunday brunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Breakfast choices are essentially what you can get at a Hampton Inn for free. Eggs Benedict were oversalted, omelet came out burned. The lunch part has something like 4 choices - scalloped potatoes were inedible, chicken scampi cold, wrapped shrimp too dry. You get to sit on a cheap plastic chair. Experience similar to a hospital cafeteria. Service adequate, nothing magnificent, no smile, no greeting. Then again, with a buffet it's more of a self service anyway. Will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Molly C, Guest Relations Manager at John Wright Store & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with our Sunday Brunch and only hope that you made the manager aware. I'm not sure what is to be expected as far as chairs on a large patio other than plastic seating. We do leave the tables and chairs our every evening and need to have both that can withstand the weather elements. The staffed omelet station is a wonderful addition to our brunch offerings and I hope you made the employee aware of your burnt omelet immediately. I do hope in your future travels you give us another chance!
York, Pennsylvania
“View Great, Food does not measure up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Thought I would give this restaurant one more chance. Great view, that is about it. The hostess was to busy to acknowledge me when I arrived, after several minutes I was about to walk back to the dining room when she at least asked if my party was here, how was I to know, she did not have time to listen. How can you screw up a toasted cheese is beyond belief, but they managed. I thought when I heard the description, 4 different cheeses on Texas Toast, when the sandwich arrived the cheese was not melted and the sandwich was just barely warm. The Basil Tomato soup was tasty and good. The noise in the facility could be likened to eating in a boiler factory. The brick walls, the wooden ceiling while very attractive allow for it be very noisy. It was difficult for me to hear those in my party speak, all in the party commented about the noise level.

I would not return to this facility for the quality of the food, the only redeeming feature is the view. I could have understood if the walls were bulging with patrons but that was not the case. What was once really good has now become bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Molly C, Guest Relations Manager at John Wright Store & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the river. We appreciate your time in doing so and strive for excellent customer service and wonderful food. As this is no excuse for a poor greeting, we are overwhelmed with phone calls for this weekends festivities being held on our grounds. We have done our best with the noise by bringing in plants and on cooler weather days opening doors does help to alleviate some level. We've actually needed to put people on a waiting list most days during lunch so I'm happy to know you received a table immediately. I do hope you made a manager aware of your unsatisfactory lunch while you were here and I appreciate you giving us another chance.
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Don't waste your time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Other than the location, it's not worth your time or money. We eat out a lot and were highly disappointed with this restaurant. Terrible service. Our waitress never smiled, never refilled our drinks, and everything was SLOW... inefficient. Waited 20 minutes before asking another waitress to get our check. Other tables around us were not happy with the service either and they had different waitresses. Better staff training is needed for sure. There was one busboy, and he was awesome... he was fast and worked harder than the waitresses. Food is okay, but nothing to rave about. At the beginning of our experience, we decided we would be willing to give them another try, but by the end of it, we all agreed that we will definitely not be going back. Such a shame because the building is nice and so is the view.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Molly C, Guest Relations Manager at John Wright Store & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the slow service during your visit, I must admit our customer base is growing larger than we though these last few weeks and we are hiring/scheduling to over staff our weekends. I hope you were able to speak to a manager on duty to help resolve some of your concerns/issues. I ask you to please reconsider and give us another chance to improve your experience.