“Waste of time. ” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
“Waste of time. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Today, my mom and I were in Harrisburg for an appointment and she wanted to treat me to lunch by the river. We chose the place with the best location and who had once had a great reputation. However, they no longer hold up to their old reputation.

The service was by far the worst service I have had in a very long time. Being that work in the restaurant industry, maybe I have high expectations. However, our server was by far the most uninterested server I have ever had. He had absolute no care in the world about our table nor did he even check in on us. The only time he visited out table was when he got our order and then brought us our meals. He was so inconsiderate to my mom who was on a business call, he came up three times during her call to see if we were ready to order (obviously my mom did not even have a chance to look at the menu) and then acted frustrated with us for not being ready to order.

Overall I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. If you want to see a nice view it's probably a better choice to just walk across the bridge.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Unfriendly and Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Let me start off by saying that this place used to be really good and does have a wonderful view of the river. It also has the most comfortable seating imaginable for getting together with groups of friends. That being said the food quality and service has been steadily going downhill.

This weekend was the third disappointment in a row for me. Most of the male staff looks, frankly, like they are out on work release and they have attitudes to match. I cannot believe that in this economy they can't find friendly and professional looking people to work this restaurant. Our server, as usual, acted like he could care less and had no dining training whatsoever. There was also no greeting at the door or any attempt to make us feel welcome.

The food was atrocious. I ordered a $13 Lobster Roll that was soggy, cold cut up pieces of lobster on a stale hot dog bun. A friend in our party pulled a chicken bone out of their soup to which the waiter replied - "Hey sorry - these things happen!" On our last visit my wife and her mother got very sick from bad tuna and we've had several other negative encounters.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this place!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Crab pretzel yum, service blah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Met with a small group of colleagues for a year-end celebration. Haven't been here in years. A great location for warm weather dining by the water. The view is nice even in cold weather.

We arrived early in the evening so it was not busy. I point this out because service was just OK. We got our food and beverages in a reasonable time but our server was pretty much task oriented - take order, deliver food, bring check. Not real friendly (or unfriendly) and didn't check in with us much or ask how we liked the food. Maybe I expect too much but this isn't MacDonald's either.

Try the crab pretzel appetizer. A meal unto itself or great to share. Very, very tasty.

So bottom line, come for the food and the location.

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Good but not spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We dined at this restaurant during a recent weekend trip to Harrisburg. The place was packed on a Saturday night so the locals must like it. It was off-season so the outdoor patio was closed. I'm sure it is lovely in the summer.

The food was good but not spectacular. Just a typical seafood place but definitely a step up from chains like Red Lobster.

Overall, I would eat here again if I was in town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Usually pretty good - today terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wife and I had the fish and chips which is usually great, but today it was overcooked and dry. The fries were equally bad - tasted like they were prepared well in advance. Another in our party had the reuben which was also overcooked and tasteless. At least the crab dip was good. I would have rated them terrible if it were not for our previous good experiences.

• Visited December 2013