“Ignore the plastic... the food is good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New Haven, Connecticut
“Ignore the plastic... the food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It has been a LONG time since a restaurant offered up dinner to me on plastic (maybe melamine) plates. It doesn't get much tackier.

But wait....this is a large "sports type" bar/restaurant with a reasonably expansive menu and a VERY good selection of beer. Maybe the plastic is ok.

I ordered the fillet mignon, my friend the scallops. Both were exceptionally good. My fillet was cooked medium rare as I requested and was almost fork tender. The scallops were also tasty and not overcooked.

Lacking? Anything like food presentation skills. Very good food was just "dropped" on the plate.

Desert was excellent. Try the apple crisp or the "Buried Treasure." Both were superb.

But make sure to try a selection of their unique beers. Especially try the sampler where you get to pick five for a fixed price.

Our waitress was incredibly helpful and patient. We made sure to tip accordingly.

Summary: good food, excellent beer, equally excellent service by an exceptionally nice waitress, mediocre food presentation. It's loud but you'll have a good time and enjoy yourself.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Poor service as usual”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been sitting here 15 minutes waiting for my server lee to return with our receipt. I guess he doesn't want a tip. Maybe he should stop flirting with the female employees and pay attnetion to the party of 9 who all work in the restaurant industry. As usual poor service for this location for three straight visits. At least we all can save money by not tipping the usual 25-30% we usually tip. Consider vacation jar fully funded

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Great selection of beers - food quality is hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I ate here 3 out of 5 nights whilst stayhing at the Courtyard by Marriot hotel next door. The only reason why I chose this place was due to its walking distance back to the hotel, which meant that I could have a few beers. The beers are great and served by friendly bartenders - but the food options varie greatly in quality. Basically keep to the steaks and burgers, but avoid the lobster and other seafood.

Visited November 2013
Southeastern Pennsylvania
“Mediocre Food + Disinterested Staff + No Atmosphere = Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Believe me... I don't want to sound mean-spirited... but this places has NOTHING going for it. I read another review of it before I began this one. The reviewer also found the place Terrible... but I said, "We go out to eat frequently, so when I say worst service ever...seriously it was that bad." I too dine out almost every night. I watched this place being built. Watched it open. Watched people flock to it. Its a sad reflection of my fellow patrons. Here's the short of it: The Hostess was totally disinterested, never smiled and ignored my wife's greeting to her. The server had a caustic attitude and really didn't care about our experience. The clam chowder was hot. That's ALL I can say for it. Didn't see a clam. Didn't taste a clam. Did taste a lot of flour. Did taste a lot of potatoes. The barbecue ribs entree was THE most uninspired, tasteless barbecue I've ever eaten. The french fries were soggy. Everything said cheap ingredients. The George Killian's Irish Red lager was delicious. The decor is minimalist lumberjack meets a thousand TV's. The booth was uncomfortable in-the-extreme. I wanted to like this place. I mean... who goes into a restaurant... spends hard-earned money... and wants to dislike the experience and food? If this corporate chain is succeeding (and I have no idea if it is or isn't)... it's further proof of the devolution of America. Sorry... but I calls it like I sees it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Good Food, but Noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Millers had many different types of appetizers and entrees. Unusual appetizers included deviled eggs (made with jalapenos and bacon), and panko-breaded fried, stuffed olives. The three of us in our party agreed that the food was excellent, but the atmosphere, as the name implies, was more pub-like, and a bit noisy for comfortable conversation.

Visited October 2013