“Customer service problem” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Willow Grove
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Customer service problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We arrived at SpringHill Suites and had requested a room near the elevator. The room we were given was 2 doors from the furthest room available. Went to the hot tub which had an adjoining deck outside and after enjoying my dip, decided to walk outside to dry off. My key would not unlock the door back into the pool so I had to walk through the lobby with a towel wrapped around me. Explained this to clerk at front desk and was told "Sorry". That was the extent of it. Also don't follow the signs to the pool, they take you to the lobby. The explanation I got for that was it means "left" even though it points straight ahead. Haven't tried the bed yet nor breakfast in the morning. I'm just glad I'm staying here on points or I think I would leave. Giving a 3 dot review as I'm an optimist. Almost forgot, walking back from the pool, I could hear every conversation from every room. Don't stay here if you want your business broadcast.

Room Tip: Large facility and you could end up miles from the elevator so be adamant if you require assistance...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stood here for one night while visiting Sesame Place which was a close 24 minutes away, this hotel's price was a lot better than the ones closer to Sesame and was not very far. The hotel was neat and clean. The pool was small but seemed clean if it weren't for some kind of kids Birthday party that was going on that Saturday which was extremely loud and rowdy...we did not dare go in for the safety of our own kids. Not sure if the party were guest or if the hotel rents out the pool and a party room to outsiders for events (which in that case does not seem fair to guest). Anyway besides the rowdy pool people the breakfast was very good, yes it ran out quickly but staff quickly continued to bring things back out as they ran out. Lots of things to eat around the area and shopping not far away. Yes main entrance was loud late at night with "guest" sitting in the front where they have chairs, employees should be told to put a stop to this late at night (get a room that faces the back). All in all great hotel for a few nights, we will definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: High floor and towards the back of the hotel
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property for one night. We had an excellent check in, friendly front desk staff, and clean & comfortable room, but when we locked ourselves out of the room while packing to leave, the hotel staff was incredibly rude and unaccommodating.

The woman who answered our call at 7:00 AM said she was the only person working, her job was the breakfast area, and that she was unwilling to help us reenter our room! We were mortified and after several phone calls from the telephone on our floor, she finally made and brought a new key to us. When she arrived, she told us that she doesn't get paid for this, this is ridiculous, and not her job. She proceeded to tell me that my pajamas were acceptable to enter the lobby in!

I worked in hospitality for many years and never have I treated a guest in this way. She was hurtful, bold, incredibly unprofessional, and a poor representative of the hotel. Instead of understanding that we were not properly dressed and taking a few minutes to accommodate a guest, she belittled us and responded ridiculously. Better training is needed at this property and we will not be returning.

Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed there with my daughter's soccer team, which was there for a tournament. The hotel looked relatively new. Indoor pool was clean, but very small. Nice private outdoor spot to sit right outside pool area. The room slept 5 but once pull out couch was open it was hard to get to sink/fridge/microwave. 2 TVs, which was nice. A/C unit was very loud. Very clean everywhere. Omar, one of the staff, was great - gave us a meeting room that wasn't being used so we could order in food for the team. Breakfast was much nicer than some hotels: yogurt, good selection of cold cereals, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, waffle maker. Coffee/tea was available all through the day/night. Very close to restaurants, stores, etc.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First my wife went to take a shower, but there was no shampoo, just two conditioners. Upon asking housekeeping for shampoo, I was told they were all out. We had to drop everything and make a shampoo run so the family could shower. When we got ready for bed and opened the fold-out couch we were welcomed by a dirty, hairy, stained mattress pad and no sheets or blanket. We were notified that they keep the sheets at the front desk however it took 20 minutes for them to find one for us. I had also requested a clean replacement mattress pad, however I think they just gave me the original one back because it too was filthy.

Finally, if you're staying in a room located in the front of the building, be aware that people congregate in chairs they have in a small courtyard. It was very loud, very late. I was never happier that the A/C unit was loud because it blocked out the noise from outside whenever it ran.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here as a family. Weird spills on the wall. Then, when we went to roll out the couch, the sheets were soaking wet and smelled like dead fish. The house keeper then replaced them but threw them at me and left. There was then trash underneath the couch. The house keeping service was really bad. Overall, not so great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saylor128, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you very much for you observations and comments. Our staff always strive to provide the best guest service possible, obviously in your case we fell short. I will review your comments with the housekeeping staff to esure that this type of situaton does not ocur in the furture.

Gloria Saylor
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We just stayed there one night this past weekend. The hotel room was a good size and very clean. We were happy with our choice. If I ever needed to return to the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!