“maggie was awesome very helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Willow Grove
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“maggie was awesome very helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

maggie handeled all of my occomadations very helpful attended to my children

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We were in town for a family event and this is such a great hotel to stay at (we wish they had a POOL dang it!) Clean spacious with a nice breakfast buffet, they keep the place tidy inside and out. One complaint-our room keys wouldn't open the side door and it was cold that weekend. Also if the room has more then 1 person in it they could (without being asked-this would be AMAZING) give more then one bottle of shampoo etc. Love the coffee makers (the key to good in room coffee is to double up the coffee for one cup) and the hotel is close to Trader Joe's, Target and really anything you might need.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
The road
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Over the last few months, I pretty much live in Hilton brand hotels, especially Hampton Inns all over the northeast. While I have been mostly very pleased with the Hilton, which the cause of my exclusive support now for Hiltons, this particular location was very substandard.

While the desk reception at check-in (Jennifer) was absolutely first rate and extremely friendly, the rooms looked and felt cheap from what I have come to expect. The reception area was pretty nice, and the fitness area is pretty good.

I would have given it 3 stars. However, the internet speed (perhaps an isolated event?) was so slow, I ended by just giving up on trying to work due to frustration. Bottom line; I need service wherever I go, which is daily. For this reason alone, supported by some cheapness of the environment (the accountants were in charge of this hotel; not the marketing people), I would not return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Manchester by the Sea, MA,US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Generally, if I am staying at a Hampton Inn, it is either because my client is paying for the stay, or there is no other Hilton brand option within a reasonable distance ( I am a loyal Hilton Hhonors member). The only remarkable part of my stay was being greeted by a couple of polite punk teens, on a Friday night, at the key card side entrance of the hotel. When my colleague and I made it quite clear they were not to follow us into the hotel, they backed right off. So, while not threatening as a result, security needs to be a little better!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were not happy with our stay. We have stayed at this hotel at least 5 or more times through the past 7 years, as we have family in the area. The hallways had an awful odor, on both thr 1st and 2nd floors during our last visit in Aug 2009. In Aug 2008 there was construction going on and we couldn't even stay in our room, as the drilling noise was unbearable. We planned on taking an afternoon nap but couldn't. When I asked how long that noise would go on, they said until 5pm. The rooms were OK, but for the price, I felt like it was shabby. Someone had spilled candy in the elevator and it wasn't cleaned up. The breakfast buffet is usually pretty good, but I would rather save $20 a night and go for breakfast elsewhere. I like the location and if it improved, would stay there again, but after the last visit, decided to go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Swampscott, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

this is a Hampton Inn: it was what we expected: clean, basic, free breakfast (we only were interested in the coffee).

HOWEVER. THEY DID NOT CLEAN/MAKE-UP OUR ROOM!!!. For what does one pay when one pays for a hotel? a) a clean, comfortable bed to sleep in b) clean linens c) the same every day of your stay

Failed to get (c). (We were in our room around noon they were cleaning our daughter's room when we came back to the hotel. they passed ours by and never came back)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I found nothing that would discourage me from staying in this property if I find the need to travel to Willow Grove again. For the price, I feel I got an ecxcellent deal. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant, however, was not as engaged or helpful. Overall, the hotel provided full Hampton Inn quality (it was clean, comfortable, and a good value) although inside of a building that appeared a little dated.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!