“Definitely has changed for the better.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Willow Grove
NJgirl4ever
“Definitely has changed for the better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Hampton is a place I have stayed in in the past and have come back every so often to visit friends and family. The breakfast was wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and the staff is very courteous. They have new managers there that are doing a great job! The new bathrooms are one of my favorite things that has changed. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family for great rates and service as well as brand new rooms all over again. The one thing I did notice was that being there for 5 nights, the cable was not the best, but I wanted to be visiting with my friends and family anyway, so it all worked out, you only really need it in the morning and at night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Belton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

Stayed a couple of days here. The hotel staff were very courteous always greeted me anytime I went by the check in desk. When I arrived late in the afternoon, my room was ready, I asked to be moved to a lower floor and immediately the clerk tried to find me a room, no luck but they tried. The location of the property is not the best, it is not in a bad area of town just a bit of a drive from any attractions, decent restaurants etc. The rooms were very typical, great beds, large shower, I was on the 4th floor and the water pressure was a little weak for my liking but more than adequate for a comfortable shower. There was a bit of an odd odor while walking through the hallway, it might have been the cleaning materials they used? The odor did not enter my room. The heating / ac unit did a fine job but it was a bit old and never shut off unless you turned the power to the unit off. The bottle of water and snack was not waiting for me in the room like it usually is and the paper was not hanging on my door in the morning but it was available in the breakfast area. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Liked — Staff was great
  • Disliked — Location it is a drive to anything of intrest
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels ... mostly Hiltons. I can honestly say this is the WORST ever!

The hallways in the hotel even smell old and musty. I feel like this was once a Motel 6 that was converted. My room appeared to have been updated recently - but is still so bad.

The beds had no mattress pad, and only the bottom sheet directly on the mattress. The AC/heater is old and rusting out. The small fridge smelled of mold/mildew and was leaking water.

I will say that the staff was friendly and accomodating and offered the 100% Satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

Hampton Inn is my chain of choice when traveling, but I had my worst experience ever at the Willow Grove location while attending a family college graduation in May 2008, solely due to poor customer service from the staff.

First of all, although we arrived early (shortly after check-in,) I was told that no non-smoking rooms or king beds were available. I'm always very careful to reserve non-smoking rooms due to my asthma, and a king bed with pull-out since my husband is a large man, and we were traveling with our large son. When I raised both of these issues and said that I was a Hilton Honors member, the staffer looked me up and down with disdain and asked what level of HHonors member I was (i.e., he could have found me a room if my level was high enough, but apparently it wasn't.) Given that we had to change and dash shortly after our arrival, we took what we were given rather than trying to locate another hotel at that time. The room reeked, and the smoke smell especially attached to the clothes that we hung in the closet overnight. Our first purchase was some Febreeze and an air filter, which didn't do much good.

Staff proceeded to be rude and provide poor service during our entire visit. The first morning, the hotel ran out of breakfast items except for breads and cereal (and we were not there at the tail end of the breakfast period.) I'm not able to eat wheat, and the first staffer I asked about whether they had any alternatives couldn't care less. When I asked for someone else, I was given a $5 McDonalds coupon.

Staff was also rude when I tried to arrange for downtown transportation when my husband and son were elsewhere with the car. Basically I was told that you couldn't get there from the hotel. I finally pulled two options out of staff (pay a fortune for a cab to downtown, or take the cab to the train station, which was reasonable.)

Poor stay all around. No offsetting observation I can make.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — See review
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wayne, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

I stayed here for a period of 2 weeks while on business in nearby Horsham. The hotel was closeby and a member of the Hilton family so I figured why not. On the plus side the rooms were recently renovated and I believe due to be getting new carpeting soon. Also on the plus side the staff was very courteous.

That said I have never heard such a 'loud' hotel. Not the guests being loud but the rooms. It is an old hotel so there is no HVAC system. Instead they have the window AC/Heater. The first week I was at the hotel it was so loud I had to change rooms and when I moved it was still loud so I just had to shut it off at night. My 2nd of the weeks my AC, while loud, was at least constant so it wasn't do distracting. That said there was still a loud humming noise in my room. I believe it was the unit next door. I had to get ear plugs from CVS and even they still not drone out all the noise. Also for the 2nd week I was placed originally in a room by the boiler room. The whole room literally shook and there was no way to get the bathroom fan off.

Additionally, your chances of getting a hot shower are about 50/50. Except for 2 of the 10 days I could not get a hot shower in the morning. Lukewarm would be generous. The odds were better at night but even then I had 3 nights I couldn't. When hot water was coming through you either had to scold yourself or make it lukewarm. Nothing in between.

Also the fitness room was adequate but never seemed to be up serviced during the 2nd week. There were no towel replacements and cups for the water after Tuesday. This led to equipment not being wiped down. They said hot breakfast but it is really just a Continental breakfast with one item a day "warm".

Overall I was very dissatisfied and hopefully will not be back.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, as I travel here for business often. Up until now it's been fine. I know what the "normal" rooms look like. Well last night I checked in around 9:00, opened the door to my room and was immediately confused. It was a strange, miniature room. There was a SINGLE bed in it. I don't think I've ever seen a room with a single bed! The room was super-tiny and set up in strange way and the bathroom had no counter space at all. In any case, I had reserved a room with a king-size bed like I always do, so I called the front desk and they informed that while it did appear in their system that I had reserved a king-size bed room, they had to place me in a handicap-accessible room because that was the only room left in the hotel. She barely offered me an apology much less a discount or anything along those lines.

After about half an hour, I realized that my toilet had been running constantly and was not going to stop. I also realized that it was not flushing! So I had to call the front desk AGAIN. They sent someone right away to fix it and this time (after sensing how angry I was) they did offer to call around to other hotels in the area and comp me a room in one of them. I would have taken them up on this if it had not been 9:30 at night and I had already unpacked all my belongings.

I realize that things go wrong from time to time. And I'm not saying that my stay was horrendous. But I did not get what I requested/paid for and I barely received an apology. At the very least, they should have informed me of the situation at check-in, not just sent me off to the room with hopes that I wouldn't care. I was highly annoyed at the customer service and will not be back.

My one lesson learned is to beware if you are checking in late - you could be the last guest entering and will get stuck with the worst room.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

This hotel is showing its age. Ceiling in bathroom was falling in. Grout is moldy. Parking was a major problem. Pillows smell of bleach.

We left our room at 8:30 AM....by 4:30 pm, housekeeping had still not arrived to make bed, replace towels, vacuum, etc. We had to chase them down the hall to get towels and had to empty our own trash.

Bottom sheet did not fit the bed.

Room is nothing special. There are better values in the area, as this was very expensive for what you get. Check out the nearby Courtyard and Springhill Suites first.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!