“horrible place - steer clear while you can” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Taba Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Williamsport
Taba Inn
You added Taba Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 Montgomery Pike (US 15), Williamsport, PA 17702 (Formerly Days Inn Williamsport)   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Rochester, New York
“horrible place - steer clear while you can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Horrible place. Thankfully we got our money back as soon as we asked even before spending a single night in this fleabag hotel, because we had booked through booking.com. The lady at the reception desk (she wasn't unkind, this was not her fault) obviously could not object to that. As soon as we entered the parking lot, we saw the sign missing on the front of the building, and we just assumed that they were carrying out some renovation works. It struck us that the lobby was particularly shabby looking.
Every single room that we saw after we turned down the first one was filthy, squalid, with broken fixtures (faulty tap in one room, clogged drain in the other), stains on the walls, linen that wasn't clean, old rubbish furniture that seemed to come straight from the junkyard. Incredible that someone like an authority can allow the owners of this place to continue running an establishment like this. BTW: the pictures on booking.com are totally misleading (the real place looks way worse). Another thing is that when we arrived we were under the impression that we had booked for the "Kaba hotel", instead here on tripadv. we suddenly find out that it's better known as the "Taba Inn". Steer clear of this place while you can.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank InStyleTraveller1982

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the worst hotel i have EVER stayed in in my entire 40 years of life! The hallways smelled like smoke in a non-smoking area, the tv is purple, there was blood on the CEILING!!! The staff didn't know how to speak simple English Looked good from the street, but when I got inside i almost puked. The pool was under 50 degrees and there were over 100 bugs in the corner. Have you ever seen a hotel without an elevator?? This hotel doesn't have one. From the lobby to get to my room, i had to go up 1 flight of stairs walk down a long hallway, walk down a half flight and walk up two flights, to the wonderful smell of smoke. I had to get a new key for my room every 3 hours. The outdoor doors don't even lock correctly you could walk right in. The shower doesn't work... it is either 45 degrees or 115 degrees. Only a third of the rooms have A/C. The bed sheets all have stains and there was snot on some of them. When they "housekeep" they move everything around and they stole my phone. We bought an air mattress just to avoid sleeping on those terrible beds.There are hobos in the lobby everyday. The most fun that the kids had was winning at a claw machine. Hobos look at this building and laugh. It is amazing that this [--] hole can stay in business!!! If you want a livable hotel this is not optional!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank frank j

Travelers are raving about these Williamsport hotels

williamsport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

its a waist of time money and further more your health and safety..how is this place even open!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank robert h
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

you should be ashamed of yourself to be part of this digusting hotel. The staff is clueless and unprofessional and bearly speaks english. The GM Andrea should be let go for allowing the hotel to get to a point of a hazzard. The room is filthy and the walk to the room is moldy. I have a child with me and was appolled they could rent me a room here. DO NOT STAY HERE or your asking to get sick!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank mary p
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stopped here because it didnt look too bad from the road. After driving 14 hours I was so ready to stop for the night. The price wasnt bad. That should have been a bell ringer. My room was in the very back of the hotel in a section that should be condemed. It was loud , smelled of mildew and rough looking people hanging out in the halls. My room was hidious. I didnt get pass the door. I turned around and went to the desk to get a refund.
The back section of this place is unsafe and I'm almost sure the rooms are rented out by the hour.Bad Bad place. How can this chain put thier name on something like this.

Room Tip: My only tip is to RUN!!!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ameenine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

First of all, just let me say that I'm the kind of traveler that doesn't mind saying in a cheap motel in order to extend the length of my trip. I don't deal too much with upscale hotels, and for me, a decent Comfort Inn is enough to merit five stars. All I'm really looking for is clean sheets and towels, hot water, and a safe environment. Wifi and pillow top mattresses are a plus, but not a must.

Now for this Days Inn. It's in an area where there are limited options to stay for a hundred miles, and listed as 62$ per night. After driving for 16 hours, all I wanted was a clean place to lay my head. I pulled up to find the front door plastered with yellow caution tape and was greeted by a crew of shifty looking characters loitering outside... Not exactly welcoming to a young girl traveling alone!

Once inside, I was overwhelmed by the smell of mildew and smoke, and although the sign posted states the lounge closed at 10:30 (it was after midnight), there was still LOUD music blaring from within and what sounded like a huge drunken party going on. Again, not welcoming for a girl traveling alone, or to any tired travelers looking for sleep past midnight! This is right by the front desk so management obviously did not care.

At the desk, I was charged a hundred dollars for the room, not sixty as advertised, but I was tired and begrudgingly paid. The parking lot was full so I hadto drag my luggage through the dark lot and up a narrow flight of stairs while being watched by the peopl loitering outside. Very uncomfortable.

By the time I got to my room, I was just so frustrated that I decided to go on, though the room itself did appear clean in spite of the smell.

The clerk was apologetic but could not refund my money though he assured me his boss would the next day, which was uncomfortable but I just wanted to leave. I had to drive an additional 90 miles but it was well worth it. I got a much better room for half the price and made it further down the road.

In all, I know what a hundred dollars should buy me, and this wasn't it!

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Shatteringbluebulb
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A group of 8 fathers and 10 boy stayed for 2011 LLWS. The hotel was close and everyone had a good time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends