“We enjoyed our stay at the Genetti, everything met our standards.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Genetti Lycoming

Offers & Announcements
FREE FULL HOT BREAKFAST
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Williamsport, PA
“We enjoyed our stay at the Genetti, everything met our standards.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

We have stayed several times at this hotel. We live 1/2 hour away and stay here from time to time just to get away. The jacuzzi rooms are nice for this. The hotel is well kept, and is interesting, as it is a historical landmark in the area as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Avondale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was in room 120 this year. I was accommodated with a brand new fridge. For $154/night this place is a dump. I visit Williamsport every year for the Little League Word Series.

Both twin beds in my room were shot. The box spring on the right side was totally ripped up and partially broken. The bed on left side was broken also but I had to sleep on one of the beds so i slept with a pitch.

I know this hotel is a good value when the World Series is not going on. Just beware it is an old hotel. Don't be shocked on surprises.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
selon, general manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Since your last stay at the Hotel we have updated all of the matresses in the poolside rooms to Serta Pillowtops. We hope you will consider us for Little League again next year.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

When we arrived at the hotel, there was some kind of Little League Baseball thing going on, with tons of families with kids... It's probably not representative for the hotel experience, but it added a loudness and a stressful environment to everything, despite the best efforts of the staff.

Maybe you'll find it "charming" to live in a "historic" hotel, but personally, I was very uncomfortable.

The mattresses were old and curved, the bathrooms feature chipped tubs, old shower heads and pipes, and most of the water just drained into the tub when I tried to shower while the temperature kept getting colder. The (granted, free!) Wi-Fi was very unreliable. If you prefer bright, renovated & quiet hotels, this one is not for you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
selon, General Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Many of our rooms are still in need of renovation. If you would come and stay with us outside of Little League, I think you would find us every bit as comfortable and much more charming than the competion. I think you would then agree with many of our past guests who have posted pasitive comments on this very helpful site.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I arrived in Williamsport when it was time to stop driving for the night. I'm so pleased to have found the hotel. It is several blocks from noisy, polluted Rt. 15, but with easy access. The rooms are newly refurbished in an attractive antique style with nice quality furnishings, wall covering, and window shades. The mattress was so great, I could have slept on it all day! The attendants were friendly and helpful throughtout the hotel. Internet is free. Continental breakfast plus omelettes included. If I stayed there again, I would ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from a large building with a noisy a/c system on its roof. With the room a/c turned on, it wasn't bothersome. I mentioned it to the receptionist who said I should have asked to be moved as soon as I noticed it, and they would have relocated me to another room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I had been staying at the Holiday Inn at Williamsport for my annual trips to Ohio from Massachusetts -- but in 2007, the Holiday Inn was overbook and I was put up at the Genetti instead. At first I was annoyed that Holiday Inn moved me to another hotel -- but it was the best thing that could have happened. Genetti has a wonderful staff. It's pet friendly (I travel with a dog) and the price is the best I've encountered for similar hotels. I've been going back to the Genetti ever since. I stop by at least four times each year. It has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

The service was fantastic. Any odd thing I asked for they were happy to provide. Not just business friendly but really genually happy they could help. From the maid service, the bartender, waitresses, front desk,...all the employees were like that. I was amazed because the last time I saw service like that was a disney land.

Thanks to everyone who made me feel like I was with family.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Louisville, Ketucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed staying in this historic hotel. MUCH more character than a sterile chain hotel/motel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The facility is not as modern as others but this only contributed to it's charm. It was clean and well kept.

• Liked — The history and character of the hotel itself
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Genetti Lycoming? Share your experiences!