“Love this Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Love this Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just checked into this lovely hotel. Room is just right. The staff are very accommodating. What a great alternative to the chain hotels in the area. I also understand that the 11th floor is haunted.Wish I were staying for more than one night!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Genetti. Thank you for your positive review and we hope the next time you find yourself in or near Williamsport you will stay with us again.
Best regards,
Kathy Taylor, Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am a sucker for architecture and this hotel truly delivered, now I was nervous about staying at a historic hotel lets face it that can mean bad things for the travel but the Genetti has been about to accomplish the near impossible, keep its amazing historic integrity yet evolve itself to work in the 21st century. My room was large and spacious and it felt newly remodeled but tasteful, the staff is top knotch, I didn't want for anything while I was there, I couldn't be happier with my stay and look forward to my return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We take a great deal of pride in that fact that we are a 90 year old hotel & able to provide guests with the historic feel along with modern amenities. We appreciate your kind and supportive words and thank you again for sharing and hopefully we will see you again soon!
Safe Travels,
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

It would be impossible to have had a better stay at the Genetti Hotel. We were in town overnight for a funeral, with arrangements made at the last minute. The staff at the hotel, from the reservations assistant on the phone to the registration desk people, to the staff in the hotel, were accommodating and friendly. The room was amazingly beautiful, clean, comfortable, and quiet. It's an historic hotel with modern amenities. The breakfast buffet was delicious and full of comfort foods. I truly appreciate the care this hotel and staff provided during our stay.

Room Tip: I think any room in this hotel would be comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear about the circumstances which brought you to Williamsport, but we are glad our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Genetti. We hope that the next time you are in the Williamsport area you come and stay with us again.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Every member of the staff that we encountered where awesome! I've never stayed anywhere before that everyone, the front desk staff, the restaurant staff, the security guard, was this nice. The hotel is very old but very nice! It was nice to stay somewhere that wasn't your typical place to stay. The lobby was nice. Our room was also nice, and very clean. I really liked the ceiling fan. The beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was the best one I've ever eaten at. There seemed to be plenty of free parking even with an event going on next door. We really enjoyed this hotel and would stay here again if we go back to Williamsport!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We certainly appreciate your time in reviewing the Genetti Hotel.
Thank you for noting our fabulous staff - throughout the hotel - as we really take a great deal of pride in our employees. Here at the Genetti we feel as though they are the cornerstone of our business.
Thank you again & look forward to your next stay with us.
Kathy Taylor,
Guest Services Manager
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love the location of this hotel and all the staff members are great. The front desk clerk Jillian helped me out alot after I complained about how badly room service was the first week. I complained to Jillian and the problem was resolved. I've stayed here twice and besides the bad week of room service my stay was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Kevin,

We are truly sorry that your room was not up to our standards. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we could correct it in a timely manner. We are delighted to hear that when being informed our staff was able to resolve everything and glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kathy Taylor
Egg Harbor Township
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Never having been to Williamsport, we found this downtown hotel great!. Easy to get to from Route 15/Interstate99. Great breakfast included. So nice we returned two nights later on our way home from Niagara Falls.Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 9th flood had large rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stays with us here at the Genetti of Williamsport. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself so much that you returned on your way back through. We hope we have made such an impression on you that every time you travel through Pennsylvania you look forward to staying with us.
Kathy Taylor
Akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

On a recent motorcycle tour through Northern Pennsylvania for the fall color tour, another couple, my wife and I decided to head south from the "Grand Canyon of the East", which was beautiful in itself. I remembered staying at the Genetti about 10 years earlier on a business trip and enjoyed my stay back then. I travel a lot for business and for a hotel to truly stand out - it really does have to meet all the comforts of home. I've stayed at countless big chain hotels, but you'll have to trust me on this one, that your experience at the Genetti Hotel is certain to be an enjoyable stay for you as well.
A full breakfast awaits you in the morning and they even have plate warmers (how long has it been since you've had a warm plate to put your eggs, sausages, corn beef hash, grits etc. on? Cool plate for the fruit bar. The Saturday night of our stay, the bar looked like it was doing a pretty good business, but since our daughter and son-in-law both work at Founders (A micro brewer in Grand Rapids Mi) we opted to try the microbrewery/restaurant across the street. Downtown Williamsport was very quaint and we took a stroll through downtown after dinner. We felt very safe - though one should always be cautious.
The staff was also excellent, from Alicia that checked us in and gave us some ideas on where to eat, to Jacob who spent a good deal of time going over all the historical photos on the wall with my wife. Jacob was very knowledgeable about the photos and made the conversation interesting – my wife enjoyed the journey through time.
We stayed in the “Bob Hope Suite” and my wife enjoyed the room so much, she said she wanted to stay there a week – just in the suite! There was a full size coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had all kinds of nice smelling soaps, lotions and potions. The room had two flat panel televisions – class – pure class, today, tomorrow and yesteryear. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Wow, thank you for sharing your experience with us here on trip advisor and for your comments about our great staff members. We will make sure that we pass this positive feedback on to them. We believe one of our best assets are our employees and we are always glad to hear when they impress our guests. We take great pride in providing an outstanding breakfast and are glad you noticed the small touches like warm and cold plates that other places have relinquished. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy our hotel and Downtown Williamsport. Our area and hotel has such a rich history and offers much to be enjoyed. Thank you again,
Kathy Taylor, Guest Services Manager.

Been to Genetti Lycoming? Share your experiences!