“Drift back to a more elegant, simple time” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FREE FULL HOT BREAKFAST
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Drift back to a more elegant, simple time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I did a show at the PA Energy Games in Hughesville, PA on September 7th, and they put my wife and I up for the night at the Genetti hotel in Williamsport, PA. We love antiques and historic properties, so we were excited to find out that was where we were going to stay. The staff that was there when we checked in, and when we checked out, were exceptional! Thge room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable! The chandaliers in the lobby are beautiful - the photos on the walls tell a good part of the history of the hotel. People who have graced the property are very interesting. A treasure from days long gone, would strongly recommend a nights stay there for any occasion! Most enjoyable! And a great breakfast!

Room Tip: We were in room 200 - since it was a complimentary room it was not the top room at the property. Bu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Genetti!
Thank you for noting the historic charm of our hotel & our friendly staff.
We really try to go above & beyond the 'call of duty' when it comes our guests.
When you are in Williamsport, come by and see us again.
Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Shelby Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. The room they gave us for four people was tiny with barely enough room to turn around in the bathroom. Lights are poor, very dim and dreary. Terrible view. Old bed, very uncomfortable. Pillows old. And we had a 1960's style blow dryer with a vacuum cleaner hose. If we were charged $50 a night, I probably wouldn't have complained. But for $129 a night, there was no excuse to put up without such poor amenities.

We did complain. They did find a better room with more adequate bathroom facilities with a normal blow dryer. No hooks to hang towels. Old 1950's style plumbing. For the prices they charge, there is no excuse to have such poor amenities. They obviously are not putting any effort into renovations. Everyone we knew also had a complaint about the room quality.

Breakfast was a bad experience as well. The poor waitress was terribly overworked. Surely they knew in advance that the hotel was full of wedding guests that weekend. They could have brought in additional staff. Food selections were empty. No bowls, cups for juice. I could go on and on. Even the food at the reception was poor. We went back up to the room for snacks because we couldn't finish the dinner we were served. I needed a hacksaw for the chicken.

The only good part was the staff was friendly. It's not their fault they have cheap owners who aren't putting any money into the property. They were able to move us to a better room. They gave us a modern blow dryer to use. But they made no effort to reimburse or otherwise reduce our bill.

Save your money, go to the Fairfield Inn or Town House Suites. At least you will have basic amenities provided.

Room Tip: Ask for a large bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here with us! We apologize that we fell short at meeting your expectations and are fully dedicated to using your comments as a productive tool to improve upon.
As a historic hotel, no two rooms are alike. We do try to make sure that the 'smaller' rooms are sold last, however, during your stay we were sold out, making it difficult ot 'switch' rooms around. We did, upon your request, move you to a larger room.
All the mattresses have been replaced in the last 18-24 months along with pillows. We regret that these issues were not brought to our attention during your stay, so we could address them immediately.
We apologize that the breakfast was not up to standards. As you can see with previous reviews guests find our breakfast delicious & plentiful.
The entire Genetti staff is dedicated to superior quality and guest service and we are extremely sorry we did not meet your expectations. In the future we hope that you would give us a second chance to 'wow' you with our guest services and accomodations!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff was great providing all types of information; direction from Arlington , Virginia to Williamsport, Pa. They directed me to the entrance that was best for handicap accessibility.
The room was fantastic. # 527 with the jacuzzi in the room. The resturant food was great, adjusted for family type feeding. I will return in 2014 just to be treated like on a cruise.I was there for the Little League World Series. August 16th.

Room Tip: Talk with the reservationist , tell all your needs and wants.. They listen.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review!
We take a great deal of pride in our customer service so we certainly appreciate you
recognizing us for that!
Our jacuzzi rooms are quite spacious and comfortable. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us!
Looking forward to your next visit with us!
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Another outstanding stay at the Genetti Hotel, during my annual pilgrimage to the Little League World Series. Ms Kathy Taylor-Front Desk supervior, Mr Mark Shefsky-GM are always tuned into their guest needs. With the help of Alicia, Ron and others they always provided for a great atmosphere. I know some people will complain about the room sizes, bathroom size and/or the age of the Hotel. Personally I think it adds to ambience of the hotel, sure the bathrooms are small, however the tub/shower is ample enough to get cleaned up and you really do not need much more room to take care of other business. This year I shared my room with a friend and we both had ample space. The breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, was always plentiful and warm to feed each patron/guest. The breakfast was served buffett style and contained two versions of scrambled eggs (with cheese or without), there was always two types of breakfast meat, biscuits & gravy, grits, french toast, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, cereals you get the idea, a wide variety. The staff for the 4th street bar and grill, which serves as the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a bar for those who wish to imbibe of the evening spirits. The servers/bartenders, Debbie, Diane and Misty are always helpful to see to your every needs.
The location of the Genetti Hotel, almost dead center of town, is very convenient for the Grand Slam Parade and the bus system that will take you to the LL Complex. It is so convenient, regardless of whether you flew in or drove to Williamsport, transportation is abundant. The Genetti also has a vendor that hosts a pin trading room for those who wish to trade, buy or just show off their pin collection. The Hotel has laundry facilities on site and the cost to wash and dry is resonable (unlike some hotels that I know of) they also provide a take out laundry service that is resonable as well and this year there was a service, the detergent "ALL" provided, to the hotel that was free. Mark, the GM, is always looking for services that will enable his guest to enjoy there stay carefree. Regardless of the rate, which is in line with all the other hotel facilities in Williamsport during this time of year, the Genetti staff make you feel welcomed and at home. I always feel like a member of the family, even Mark's family (wife and 2 daughters) make you feel at home as well. My reservations for next years LLWS, 12 August - 26 August 2014 has already been made. Already missing my other family and looking forward to next summer!

Room Tip: The corner rooms give you a better view or the surrounding rolling hills. The 5th floor and above...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had another GREAT stay at the Genetti for the 2013 Little League World Series. As always, the staff was professional and extremely helpful. My room was clean as always. Yes, the bathroom was small but, it was adequate for my needs. I am always made to feel that I am part of the family there. The History surrounding the Genetti is very interesting and it is located close to everything you need. Great to watch the parade and get back and forth to the World Series Field. All in All, it is a perfect place to stay in Williamsport! I have already made reservations to be there again for the 2014 Little League World Series and looking forward to a GREAT time with my Genetti family.

Gary Kay
Palm Harbor, FL 34684

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Middleville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Andrea, was the sweetest person to talk to she help out as to where to go for eats and drinks. Their was a little league convention and I didn't hear one kid in my room. I will tell everybody coming in your area to stay their because of her

Room Tip: Give Andrea a raise :-)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review!
Andrea is definately an asset to the Genetti Hotel.
We certainly appreciate you recognizing her.
Thank you again & we look forward to your next visit!
South Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the LL World Series. I understand rooms are in high demand and prices are jacked up beyond reasonable at $249 to $299 per night for the most basic of rooms ..... but for the money, this hotel was one I will never stay in again. Our room was TINY and our bathroom was the size of a CLOSET. I am not over exaggerating either. The bathroom was a small walk in closet at best. No tub, smallest stand up shower I have ever had to pay for, one tiny sink so close to the toilet and shower, you used the sink as a ledge for shampoo and stuff and you could have washed my hands while still sitting on the toilet. The hotel itself is old.... which is fine. Adds to the appeal I guess but not when you are paying top dollar for a musty smelling space with one small window, old curtains and two double beds crammed into a room. For a family of 4, we were on top of each other and our stuff for 4 days. Got old really quick.

Our room was not cleaned the first morning after we checked in, apparently we were not on the "list".... but the staff was nice when I brought it to their attention that night, but after a long day of baseball games I was upset not to come back to a clean room and fresh towels.

They offer a free breakfast in the Pub downstairs. It was okay.... good variety the food that was pretty standard. But served its purpose and was appreciated.

The location is great and right downtown. That was one of the only major pluses. Apparently, an historic building which I can appreciate. Great to watch the parade and get back and forth to the World Series Field.

The room itself left such a sour taste in my mouth for the money.... I won't go back.
Sad because I heard such good things.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
tennisphreak, Front Office Manager at Genetti Lycoming, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We would first like to apologize for your unfortunate experience here at the Genetti Hotel. It was during an International event hotel rooms are in high demand. We are a historical hotel and each of our rooms varies in size. During your stay every room in the hotel was sold so it made it impossible to move rooms or upgrade guest rooms, we do aplogize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We did review your account and were glad to see that you did receive a disounted rate or $149.95/ per room which is significantly lower than the "Litlle League World Series Rate" of $249.95. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet and our convenient downtown location. Also thank you for bringing your room cleaning issue to our attention so that we could address it and make sure things were taken care of for the rest of your stay.
We are disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations, as we do with most of our guests. However, if you are in Williamsport again and in need of hotel accomodations, we would be delighted if you would give us a second chance to make a better impression.
Thanks so much for your comments and time.

Been to Genetti Lycoming? Share your experiences!