“Our home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Best Free Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Our home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Genetti for more than 6 yrs now. We have tried other hotels in the area when the Genetti was full, but we always return. The hotel is like stepping back in time, all the rooms are unique. We have stayed in the jacuzzi room, the suites, double beds and the King rooms we have never been disappointed. The hotel is very clean, the staff are extremely friendly, they treat you like family. When we are in Williamsport it is usually for work, so coming back to the Genetti gives us something to look forward to. We have also spent a few Anniversaries, Mardi Gras and other special occasions at the Genetti. While there make sure you visit their restaurant The 4th St Grille, you will love the food, the staff, and the entertainment. We always tell all our friends and family about the Genetti. So if you are looking for a great place to stay in the Williamsport area The Genetti is for you!.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms and suites are pretty awesome :)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Oberlin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Almost 4 years ago I first came to Williamsport on business and was lucky enough to have picked the Genetti Hotel. Since my business keeps me in this region I have had the opportunity to have stayed in over half the guest rooms and with the exception of a few small rooms, each room is unique and comfortable. The staff of the Hotel starting with the manager of Guest Services, Kathy Taylor, the Front desk staff, the maintenance workers and the Housekeeping staff all work hard to see that your stay is comfortable. They make staying away from home a positive and relaxing experience. The Bar/Restaurant, offers good food and the kitchen and wait staff are nice people.

The location of the Hotel, being in downtown makes it easy to walk to many shops, restaurants and the grocery store so you don't even have to use your car if you don't want to. I think it is a good value with lots of History too! I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
milton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife & I stayed overnight to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We loved the jacussi for two. We also loved the quaintness of the hotel decorations such as the old radios and the old display cases and the tables with old lamps.The set-up of the complimentary breakfast was especially impressive, there was such a variety of food selections! My wife (Dawn) was very impressed with the old fashioned hot food serving containers..The hostess (Carrie) was very gracious at breakfast. There was one inconvience,the ice machine was not accessible due to renovations.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been working in the Williamsport area for about a little over a year now. I used to stay at one of the new hotels....but even though the rooms were clean something was missing, well seveal things. On one occassion the hotel that my compan had a direct bill account set up for was fully booked I happened to stay at the Genetti Hotel, and I have been staying there ever since. The difference, the staff. Being away from home on a somewhat regular basis is tough, but the staff at the Genetti makes it more than bearable, and they make me feel at home as much as they can, an have been doing so since day one. In addition, their larger rooms are very warm and inviting, and each one is unique.....and as added bonus they are located very convenietly in downtown Williamsport, within walking distance of many great restaurants, shops, the movie theaters and even the YMCA for a work out. So, if you are ever in Williamsport, do yourself a favor, catch a little history along with your stay and meet the great people that run the Genetti, which starts whith their Guest Services Manager Kathy Taylor and definitely has filtered down.

Room Tip: I would ask for their studio kings, executive kings, suites, etc.....and ask for a room in the upper...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a beautiful, old, grand hotel. Our room was clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The downtown location is very convenient and within walking distance to many restaurants and stores. The prices are very reasonable and I will definitely stay there again. We had a great time and look forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed in the Genetti Hotel for 2 nights.

This is an old fashioned historic hotel, that will fulfill your basic needs, although is a 3 star hotel. It has a big parking lot so you don’t have to worry for your car.

The room was really clean, also the toilet, bed, and everything I use. Of course these is an old construction so don’t expect the contrary.
Besides that, I found it kind of cute and beautiful, and if you appreciate the old photos even better.

I would come back and recommend it surely.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

There's a lot of negative sounding reviews of the Genetti on Tripadvisor, please look at the ones that were found helpful. I think some reviewers are looking for a 5 star hotel in Williamsport. Sorry, the town's not big enough to support something like that. But what it does offer is a "grand, old hotel" thats been well taken care of through the years, and represents a good value in that market.

I grew up in Williamsport and the Genetti (known as the Lycoming Hotel in the "old days") was always known for quality. It was the place that anybody that was somebody stayed at when they were passing through. From rock stars to movie stars to politicians, the Genetti has seen them all.

Since my mother has moved out of her home, my wife and I started staying at the Genetti during our trips to Williamsport. We have always received good, comfortable, and clean accomidations when staying here. The prices have almost always been below those of the competitors, and it offers something that none of the others do. True suites, with full walls, sitting rooms etc. in a convenient downtown location. Restaurants in (safe) walking distance. A Wegmans down the street. Shopping nearby, and close to the on-off ramp. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Not at all "snobby" like some of those you run into in "modern" luxury hotels.

But don't just trust me, check other the other reviews.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Genetti Lycoming? Share your experiences!