“Okay for a no-frills one night stay, but no more.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
New Jersey
“Okay for a no-frills one night stay, but no more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to book this hotel to save a little money on our trip to visit a friend. The hotel is in a good location off the highway and located next door to a 24-hour Sheetz store, making a late night snack run a good thing. Staff was not overly friendly. I had to say hello first. We were given a room with a non-working TV. After notifying the front desk clerk, a maintenance technician swapped out the TV with the one from the room next door. (They are still using old technology sets here, the owner would be wise to invest in newer HD flat screens.) The room was clean but the decor was definitely dated (those floral comforters always give me the creeps). We slept in the next morning so breakfast was something we could not comment on. All in all, this hotel is just okay. We will be booking a more modern hotel with a pool on our next trip in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
econolodgesales, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to hearing what our guests have to say, and this review is no different. We understand, and couldn't agree more that our rooms do need some updating. That is why I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of getting all new- Choice Standards approved- bedding. This bedding is something we feel will help make our rooms stand out. In addition we have prepped for this bedding by adding new carpets last year. We are in the process of adding several new and updated features to our rooms throughout the year and can't be more excited.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and feel free to come back to see all our changes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coldwater, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The rooms were very nice and the people and staff were awesome and very helpful..I would def.go back there again...they have smoking and non smoking and the food places they give you to choose from are awesome also...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We appreciate any feedback (good or bad), since it is our goal to make sure our guests are happy.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was one of the nicer Econo Logdes we have stayed at. We upgraded to the "lodge" and it had a refrigerator, full kitchen set up. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff could not have been nicer.

In the morning the breakfast bar was equipped with toast, bagels, donuts, make your own waffles, and decaf and regular coffee. There was a nice eating area and the staff kept checking to make sure everything was well stocked.

I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay at the lodge. It is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Misty T, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate any feedback you have and will use it to improve our performance. Thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Three Springs, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent a couple of weeks trying to figure out what the best deal would be for my husband and I when it came to figuring out where we would stay. Our anniversary trip was going to be shorter than normal due to the economy so no Bed and Breakfast or cabin. Our trip this year was to Wellsboro, PA to see the PA Grand Canyon. This motel was chosen because it was less expensive, a king size bed was available, free wifi and because it features free breakfast. A bonus was that a Sheetz was a few feet away. I booked the reservation online. It has been 7 years since I smoked and the smell doesn't bother my husband either so when there was only the option of a king bed in a smoking room I still took it. I now know that I don't want to do that again. Outside of that the room was great and I am picky!! The entire toilet was clean - not just the seat. There was nothing skeazy about the shower curtain or the entire room . Walking barefoot was no problem. The next morning my husband went to breakfast while I was having coffee and checking out Facebook. I joined him about 15 minutes later and he was not happy. There was breakfast but neither one of us would consider it to be a deluxe continental breakfast as there was no fruit or breakfast meats. This isn't a huge deal with me but it is with my husband.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Misty T, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Ionesagem,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Econo Lodge Williamsport. We appreciate all your feedback. We strive to improve and always look forward our guests comments. You had mentioned that our breakfast was lacking fruit and breakfast meats. I apologize that this might make our breakfast seem less deluxe. Please know that making adjustments such as adding fruit is something we are seriously considering. Your comments are very important to us and we want the very best for our guests. Currently our continental breakfast does include Belgium Waffles, fresh doughnuts, muffins, and bagels. Kellogg's brand cereals, hot tea, coffee (regular & decaf), orange juice, whole milk and condiments. I hope that you enjoyed your anniversary and we hope that stay with us again on your next trip to Williamsport. Thank you again for your comments.
New London, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a stopover in our travels.For a place this large they should have at least 2 waffle makers.The breakfast area was ok, but the toaster was broken on one side! The front desk people were friendly.The room was clean and smelled fresh. It was difficult to figure out if the HVAC system worked. We booked this via Choice Hotels 30% Fall discount do we were satisfied

• Stayed October 2013
Krystal C, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

My apologies for the late, LATE response to your review on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of our property! Thank you for your compliments; we really try our best to maintain conditions of the property and focus on our service and cleanliness!

We have since replaced that broken toaster! Also, our breakfast area, typically, is not very busy, it must have been a very busy time, that one waffle-maker was not sufficient during your stay! My apologies for any inconvenience of waiting that that may have caused you.

I have shared your valuable feedback with our Management crew and Staff, so that they are aware and encouraged by the positive response their hard work has resulted in!

Thank you again for your time and feedback, it is truly appreciated!
As always, thank you for your business and loyalty to our property! We hope to serve you again soon, during your next visit to Williamsport PA! Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any further requests/questions/concerns! Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
570-326-1501
econolodgesales@comcast.net
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here so we could attend the Little League World Series and make a family weekend of it. Even though the hotel was a little older the location was perfect, staff friendly and many little leaguers were staying here which made it extra special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

My apologies for the late, LATE response to your review on TripAdvisor!

We would love to see you back this year or next during this 2015 Little League World Series! We are in the process of updating furniture, bedding, mattresses, bedside electrical outlets and televisions in our rooms; we are very excited about all these new upgrades to the property, giving us a new, fresh look!!

Thank you again for your time and feedback, it is truly appreciated!

Best Regards,
570-326-1501
econolodgesales@comcast.net
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Needed a "cheaper" option for a weekend wedding. Got into my room easy enough with no problems. The room had two double beds, coffee machine, microwave, fridge. Great shower, except someone forgot to throw away the soap and empty shampoo bottles from the previous guest. There were weird bugs flying around the room so that was weird. The problem I had was that every morning I left my room and whenever I came back my key card wouldn't work. Happened every day I was there, I stayed 3 nights. I kept having to get my card reset. When I asked the man at the desk is this some kind of policy where they turn off your key every day, he looked at me like I was stupid. I was just wondering why this happened every day. This is a place where truckers stay, so the first night there was a fight in the parking lot at 2:30 in the morning and they were breaking glass. Had to call the lobby who said they would take care of it, yelling went on for a while longer after that. Breakfast was waffles, yogurt, cereal, no fresh fruit; didn't get it the last day. I guess you get what you pay for is the lesson here. Pillows were comfortable. Not enough plugs in the room that worked.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip if you want to charge your things.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miranda A, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Coutterhill, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Econo Lodge Williamsport. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. Please be assured that I have followed up on all the issues you had and we have taken steps to ensure these problems do not occur in the future. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Williamsport. In a few weeks we will begin renovations on some of our guestrooms including new mattresses, new bedding, new carpet and HDTV's. We also have a new guest patio are for our guests to gather and relax outside while grilling or enjoying the firepit. Thank you again for your comments.