“dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Williamsport
Hamton va
“dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stay here if you cant find other arrangements..plenty of choice hotels within 50 mile radius..spend the time on the road, chairs filthy, stained, carpets may have been shampooed 20 years ago, beds were sagging, tv had no color, air conditioner couldn keep up with the heat..and we were there in may, shower stall was stained, bathroom floor was dirty.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My family and I stayed in the Econolodge from Saturday (12/10/11) till Sunday morning (12/11/11). The service was nice however the rooms were iffy. We walked into our room(223) and it had a weird smell. We sprayed air freshener that we just so happened to have and sat our stuff down to relax. Looking at the floor it looked like it wasn't vacuumed and nothing was dusted. Our bathroom was gross and needed a real deep cleaning. The toilet looked like someone went to the bathroom on the seat. Our sink was dirty and looked like it was starting to rust a little. This place needs a bunch of upgrades but we got what we paid for. It's not expensive to stay there and like I said, you get what you pay for. The people are very nice and helpful but the rooms could use some help.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms don't have as much noise because they're off the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Given that Econo Lodge does not pretend to be the Ritz Carlton, it is pretty much what you would expect from this level of hotel. The facility is old, run down and unfortunately reflects the community. To make matters worse the region is still recovering from the hurricane which further compromised their regional economy. I can say that I am less disappointed when a 2 star hotel is a 2 star hotel as opposed to a 4 star hotel that is really a 2 star hotel. On prior visits, the food was tolerable but noticed it was substandard both in selection, quality and value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Orchard Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

On Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm I checked into Econolodge PA 171 (Williamsport, PA). Upon entering our room (235), one of the first things I noticed was that we had two double beds when I had been told upon reserving the room that we would have two queens. I called the front desk and was told, "There's nothing I can do about it now. I'm sold out." Things went downhill fast!
The chairs were stained and one had something stuck on it.
The remote controls were filthy, as was the phone I used to call the front desk.
The walls were dirty. The grime behind the headboards was unbelievable.
The box springs were stained and falling apart.
When I turned down the bedspread, there were stains all over the back of it.
The bathroom ceiling looked to have mold growing on it, as did the bathtub and top of tub surround.
The sink was cracked and the faucet was missing the piece that covers the screw to hold it on thus allowing dirt and grime to settle in to that area.
We were not even given enough towels and washcloths for a family of four to bathe.
Given the visibility of the dirt in this room, we did not even feel comfortable taking off our shoes to walk on the floor!
While I understand that this is not a luxury hotel and that it is old, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for the lack of cleanliness we observed and were forced to sleep in. Had we not been in town for the championship game of the Little League World Series that Sunday, I would seriously have considered leaving immediately. Our vehicle was filled with too many things due to being on a road trip, or we would have slept in the back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

Dont stay during lil league series, they boost the price, $160. Both rooms and carpet are filthy. My room had a dry blood smear by the bathroom light switch. I asked staff to direct me to neareat laundrymat. She refused and said, we prefer you use our one machine. Whatta money hungry joke. I felt like saying, "i got 3 loads lady, i'll pay you one loads $2 bucks to tell me...

• Stayed August 2011
Philly
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Husbands, if your wives are anything like mine you run the risk of hearing, “This is what happens when you go cheap” as you enter this hotel. This hotel is good for a night or two as a place to get some sleep and to take a shower. The staff is very good, responding quickly to requests. The breakfast is a little less than what I expected, just waffles and cereal. The rooms are in serious need of an upgrade and yes the bathtub was green.

We were in a room facing a gas station, with a lot of noise from idling trucks. As a result there was soot on the wall, especially noticeable in the bathroom. There was also a broken outlet, a hazard for travelers with children.

There is new construction on the property which should be an improvement over the current facilities. Hopefully when this construction is complete the owners will invest in a remodeling of the existing rooms. Until then I would recommend spending a little more to stay at one of the many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Only good for a night or two.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past, but that was before I joined Tripadvisor and started writing reviews. During my latest stay, things were pretty much as they've been before. My room was okay. The micro/fridge combo was clean and working well, and the air conditioner seemed new. But the room (like other rooms I've stayed in) can use some serious updating. The carpet was worn, and some minor repairs could be done to the walls and door. The furniture was old and mismatched. But, I've never seen any insects outside of what you'd expect for a motel (with the door opening to the outdoors). And, (like another reviewer mentioned) the bathroom is outdated too. But, for the price (at the time low $70's with my AAA card) it was a deal. If you prefer a more "modern" feel to your room, then skip this place. Also, I did notice that they are building another section. I'm sure this section will be more "modern". Lastly, the restaurant is good, but I don't think it's owned by the motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!