“There must be some redeeming quality? Just not the food.” 2 of 5 stars

1324 Third St, Williamsport, PA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Muncy, Pennsylvania
“There must be some redeeming quality? Just not the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you can't say anything good don't say anything. If I truly believed in this statement, this would be the end of this review. There must be some redeeming quality about this place,but, I haven't found it. I think it might attract a bar crowd, but, I can't imagine it is the food that attracts.

Stopped by and my brother- in -law needed to use the men's room and he informed us that there were no paper towels, the toilet seat was detached from the toilet and on the floor and graffiti adorned the walls. Must have been some party.

We ordered and my brother- in -law had a salad which he liked. I had the pulled pork sandwich which was dry and had the taste of pork which has been around for awhile. Things still would have been ok except for my wife's inedible brisket sandwich. It was mostly fat and what meat was there was so tough you couldn't chew it. When we mentioned this to our waiter he said he would inform
the person in the kitchen. No word from the kitchen so when we received our check we again expressed our concern about the sandwich and said we didn't think we should pay for it. After a brief discussion, the cook came out and apologized and made another sandwich which was ok. She said 33 East another restaurant with similar ownership sent the brisket over to this restaurant and she was not careful when she made the sandwich. She was very nice which leads me to believe our waiter didn't relay our concern to her until we insisted. When we arrived we asked if the meats were smoked here and the answer was yes, oh well.

I know 33 East has a fine reputation and how this place operates in such a manner is beyond all comprehension. Again there must be some redeeming quality I just haven't found it.

• Visited June 2013