“Great place for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Apollo, Pennsylvania
“Great place for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is convenient and offers free parking directly across the street in a public parking garage. The beds are very comfortable with an abundance of feather pillows.

Rooms on the smaller side but the kitchette is very useful.

Breakfast is decent when you're in a hurry and want something fast. Small selection of fresh food.

I will stay again the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed July 2014

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We used points for a one night stay. The room was a nice size, beds comfortable, and the hotel was overall clean. We did find towels from the pervious room occupants in the bathroom closet, and when I called down to get some clean ones was told it would be quicker if we came down and got them. Found that strange and as a Gold level Marriott member, I can tell you that's not usual. The design of the bathroom is weird with a huge mirror across from the toilet...not an issue just a bit strange.

It was overall a good size room for 3 of us, and having 2 queen beds instead of doubles was an advantage. We would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cape Cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Convenient location downtown. Clean rooms. Parking is across the street in a garage. Small fitness room with free weights. Overall no complaints. Staff was friendly. The hotel is located off route 15, and approximately 45 minutes from Knoebels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank CapeCodCaddy
Rochester NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I suppose this what I should expect for the price. The hotel is newer and very nicely decorated. The rooms have high ceilings (at least on the 4th floor) and are well-designed. The problem is very thin walls with no sound insulation. I needed a good night's sleep and couldn't get it. My neighbor inexplicably started a loud, long speaker phone call at 3:00 am and I felt like I was part of the meeting. I had the fan on, earplugs in, and a pillow over my head but still heard every word. If finally ended at 4:30 but by that time my night was shot. One thing I will never understand is why hotels pack people together in halls. I was there on a very deserted Friday night and they could have easily put me in a room without a next door neighbor. The other things are OK. The breakfast is typical...but bad coffee. The parking thing is not a problem.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. If you have a loud neighbor you're not going to sleep.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank rstev3
Jess_Betz, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us or get a good night's rest.
We would love for you to try our hotel again and give us the chance to show you what a great hotel we really are!

We are looking to move to a more hot breakfast so it will help our breakfast quality.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to call me in the office.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice place, but a tad over priced. Breakfast selection was ok. Although they are pet friendly there is really no grassy area for pets. The parking is located across the street in a garage...and although it's free it's a bit of a pain. Upside...the staff is great especially Jessica and Jodi!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank moniquez412
Jess_Betz, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Monique,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize we did not meet your--or our standards. We aim to provide the best experience for all of our guests, and appreciate your feedback. The TownePlace brand is looking to add more items into their breakfast to give guest a little more variety.

If you are ever in the Williamsport area again we would love to have you as our guest and give your the service you deserve.

Loudon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here during a basketball tournament and we had a very good stay at the motel. The room was very large with plenty of room. Had a 3/4 fridge/freezer, microwave, two burner stove, dishwasher and a kitchen sink!!! I had some problems with our reservation through Hotels.com (I will never use them again) so I called the motel directly and talked to Jessica. She took care of every problem I had that Hotels.com wouldn't even try to fix. The rest of the staff was very helpful and cheerful the entire weekend we were there. The only problem is trying to find somewhere to walk our dogs since we were downtown and very little grass.

Room Tip: Some reviews talked about noise from the bus station across the street but on the weekend only saw 2...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David B
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I generally am very fond of TownePlace Suites but this one has some definite drawbacks.
I found the hotel to be very clean, has nice amenities and the people are very helpful. The drawbacks have been mentioned in previous reviews....the parking across the street but my main complaint is being directly across from the bus station. Ugh. The noise is bad enough but having the fumes from the buses in our room was stomach churning. You must definitely request a room off of Church St, so that was my mistake. Being that the hotel is pretty empty, I would think that they would place people in these locations first and that I am a Marriott member as well. Anyway, would I stay in this hotel again? Yes, but with a room on the back side for sure!

Room Tip: Absolutely get a room NOT on Church St!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Tweetybeets
Jess_Betz, Manager at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your experience with us at the TownePlace Suites. I aploogize that your experience with us was less than satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Everything we do is aimed to provide you the best experience at our hotel. I'm pleased to hear you will be back to the area and give us another chance to make your experience with us incredible!

Thank you for your loyalty to marriott, we hope to see you soon!