“Happy with my visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New York
“Happy with my visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We were there for the lunch. It is inside the University campus, which can be confusing for some (your GPS will get you to the campus then follow the signs). The menu was somewhat limited in choices but the food and service were very good. Overall I believe is good value for your money.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cogan Station, Pennsylvania
“Unique cuisine with menus from around the world - a wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Wonderful atmosphere! Students are learning the fine art of cooking and serving, right down to classy uniforms and presentation of wines. We always go on Thursday nights when they have the international menu. My favorite so far as been from Burgundy. There are from 6 - 8 courses, but each course is just the right amount and one very reasonable price that includes everything from appetizer to dessert with coffee or tea. Some patrons dress casually, but I dress up because it is a very classy place for being on a college campus. I enjoy different food, not the run-of-the-mill chain restaurant fare. There's a pianist playing in the background, and very swanky restrooms. It's not the place to grab a bite to eat; it's a place to linger over dinner with special people for two hours in a delightful atmosphere. Truly unique, because each night they are open is a different menu.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“A little hard to find but well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This is the restaurant where chefs in training get to show their stuff. They advertise their existence in some of the tourist publications and in the yellow pages. Reservations are necessary due to the type of facility. For example the day I lunched there I was very lucky to get my reservation because they were taking only a few people. They were scheduled to serve a couple of hundred young baseball players and their coaches to kick off the 2009 Little League World Series. As I ate I saw a number of dissappointed people attempt to have a meal despite the sign outside that only those with reservations would be served. I believe dinner is served all year but lunch only in the summer.

They offer a nice choice of wines by the glass at about $6 or under. The soup of the day (in this case tomato basil) is included if desired when an entree is ordered. The entree I chose was seared tuna over white bean puree with candied fennel. Delicious and the tuna was cooked to my desired doneness. I had fruit soup with fresh blueberries and raspberries as desert. I think my check was under $25 including service. A fun place to eat, out of the ordinary. I wish we traveled in central PA more often, I would surely try to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere