“Refreshing stop on the way home” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
White Plains, New York
“Refreshing stop on the way home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

After a long travel day from Chicago on the way back to NY, the 5 of us checked in for a brief overnight stay.

The pool facilities are excellent and our kids really enjoyed it. The room had 2 queens with comfy pillows, a roomy sofa bed, and a bathroom with a spiffy shower and showerhead. Plus there was a refrigerator, a good size TV, free Wifi and free breakfast.

We had hoped to see the Little League Hall of Fame museum down the road, but time did not allow for it--perhaps next trip.

On the down side, our 4th floor room faced the highway and the highway noise was very loud early in the morning. Also, it is a bit confusing finding some areas due to sharing space with the Holiday Inn. Also, be aware that some areas (like the pool) are located in the Holiday Inn itself so the free Wifi does not work there.

Finally, very good value for the price paid ($130).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the highway, as the noise can be quite loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Richmond Hill, ONt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this location for a quick overnight stop. We arrive at 11:30 PM, went to bed and got up early to hit the road again. While we were sitting down for breakfast, I just happened to look on the floor and seen a dead cockroach sitting next to my table. I could just imagine how many more there are, crawling around, where we can't see them. We dumped our breakfast and informed the manager. A quick thank you, I'll take care of it and off she went. A quick search of our luggage showed no stowaways so off we went. I filed a complaint with Holiday Inn and I appreciate Katie and Gerald getting back to me. But I'm thoroughly disappointed, they wouldn't cancel and refund my prepaid booking for the following week at the same hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hi_mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greetings Racdan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry that during breakfast you encountered what was mentioned as a dead cockroach on the ground, however it was confirmed that it was a small dead beetle. We greatly appreciate you bringing it to the attention of the staff, as the breakfast attendant immediately took action. Also, I want you to know that we take complaints of this nature very seriously, and as a high priority. The following day when I was informed we contacted our local pest control company, that does a weekly treatment of all our public spaces and they did come in and do a full inspection and treatment. I am very sorry that this spoiled your visit with us, and your future reservations with IHG. In regards to the the prepaid booking, as it was booked through a third party website, you would have needed to contact them directly. Unfortuantely, IHG and the hotel does not have authorization to refund the reservation, as you did not book through us directly. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to discuss this further.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Check in was smooth with no wrong room or wrong turn glitches. Room was fine except for fridge either not turned on or not working. Microwave was just old, using rotary dials. TV was good (fairly new and large flat screen). Forgot my laptop so can't really comment on wifi except to say that it worked with my wife's smart phone and the password was included on the key packet. The fitness center was in need of improvement and the breakfast was pretty sorry. No fruit or yogurt, greasy bacon (none was crisp) dried sausage links, etc. As mentioned elsewhere, some amenities are shared with the Holiday Inn and from what I saw, only one elevator serves both properties, guests and staff alike, so don't be in a hurry at busy times. On the whole, it was just okay with annoyances, but no real deal killers.

Room Tip: Fifth floor was quiet except for some late Friday night (Sat. morning) partiers. Avoid adjoining ro...
Greetings NiteMan3d,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate your feedback! I wanted to sincerely apologize about your dissatisfaction with the breakfast options. Next time do not hesitate to ask the breakfast attendant for something. We are adjoined to a full service hotel, so we have a full kitchen, that we can accommodate any request for breakfast, and we love to go the extra mile for our guests, so they can enjoy every last bite. We hope you will come back soon! Take Care.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Arrived on 5/30/14 (Friday) for a 2 night stay. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was pretty clean at first, but things went downhill from there. When I went to sleep, I first noticed the very noisy fridge, which caused a disturbance to my sleep, keeping me up half the night. In the morning, I notified the front desk, assured that it would be fixed. When I returned to my room from a very long day, I was excited to see that the fridge was replaced. When showering, I then noticed that there was mold all over the caulking in the shower. Early Sunday morning before I checked out, I noticed spiders crawling on the floor in the bathroom. I then realized they were coming in through a small opening in the wall. I think housekeeping could have done a better job when it comes to paying attention to details. The sheets were spotless and crisp however. The selection at breakfast could have been better, as the menu never changed during the course of my stay. Overall, I think the hotel should start paying attention to details better. I will most likely try another hotel on my next visit to Williamsport in a few months.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sean P,

Ben J
Ocean City, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was attractive and nicely appointed throughout. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The indoor pool was outstanding and well maintained. The workout room, which we did not use, appeared to be OK. The restaurant and outdoor pub were very good. We especially loved enjoying drinks and snacks at the neat outdoor pub ("The Shandy Lion").
This hotel is conveniently located just off PA Route 220. There is plenty of parking.
This is a great place to stay when visiting Williamsport. We will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First of all, make sure you check in to the right hotel--The Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are connected, but have separate check-in desks. They even share an elevator, which can add to some confusion. The rooms and lobbies are upgraded and in excellent condition. The rooms, and especially the beds are very comfortable. The workout space, however, is atrocious, especially given that the both hotels use this space. There are three treadmills, two elliptical machines, and a "set" of weights. Only one treadmill actually worked, and both elliptical machines had issues (squeaky joints, no working media, etc). The weight set consisted of the various dumbbells: 1 8lb, 1 10lb, 2 15lbs, 2 40lbs, 2 45 lbs. Try doing any weight work with this selection. Why does this matter? As a traveling businessperson, staying in good condition is important for both personal and professional reasons. I tried to make this review through the Holiday Inn website and I was locked out. There is a Hampton Inn and a Marriott Residence Inn abutting this site and I will be booking rooms there next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear R A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy to know that you liked our clean rooms, comfortable beds and upgraded lobby. However, we apologize if our fitness center did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by our hotel management to target opportunity areas and to avoid the same scenario in the future.

We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Leicestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here overnight on 9th May. This hotel is old fashioned and the staff are insolent. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and there was a noisy crowd of teenagers eating before going off to a "Prom".

Breakfast took 30 minutes to arrive after a long wait to order. I ordered bacon and eggs without the included potatoes but got them anyway and it was not offered for them to be removed. It may be that being on a tour our "tips" to staff were included so they knew they would not get one on the spot.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear romanihouse,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Regards,

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport? Share your experiences!