“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Ocean City, Md
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was attractive and nicely appointed throughout. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The indoor pool was outstanding and well maintained. The workout room, which we did not use, appeared to be OK. The restaurant and outdoor pub were very good. We especially loved enjoying drinks and snacks at the neat outdoor pub ("The Shandy Lion").
This hotel is conveniently located just off PA Route 220. There is plenty of parking.
This is a great place to stay when visiting Williamsport. We will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First of all, make sure you check in to the right hotel--The Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are connected, but have separate check-in desks. They even share an elevator, which can add to some confusion. The rooms and lobbies are upgraded and in excellent condition. The rooms, and especially the beds are very comfortable. The workout space, however, is atrocious, especially given that the both hotels use this space. There are three treadmills, two elliptical machines, and a "set" of weights. Only one treadmill actually worked, and both elliptical machines had issues (squeaky joints, no working media, etc). The weight set consisted of the various dumbbells: 1 8lb, 1 10lb, 2 15lbs, 2 40lbs, 2 45 lbs. Try doing any weight work with this selection. Why does this matter? As a traveling businessperson, staying in good condition is important for both personal and professional reasons. I tried to make this review through the Holiday Inn website and I was locked out. There is a Hampton Inn and a Marriott Residence Inn abutting this site and I will be booking rooms there next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear R A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy to know that you liked our clean rooms, comfortable beds and upgraded lobby. However, we apologize if our fitness center did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by our hotel management to target opportunity areas and to avoid the same scenario in the future.

We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Leicestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here overnight on 9th May. This hotel is old fashioned and the staff are insolent. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and there was a noisy crowd of teenagers eating before going off to a "Prom".

Breakfast took 30 minutes to arrive after a long wait to order. I ordered bacon and eggs without the included potatoes but got them anyway and it was not offered for them to be removed. It may be that being on a tour our "tips" to staff were included so they knew they would not get one on the spot.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear romanihouse,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ive stayed here on numerous ocassions on business. I figured maybe its time for a review.

All in all the staff is courteous and friendly. Housekeeping was willing to accept my requests of not bothering me until after 12pm as I was working nights. Also didnt tuck those pesky sheets in every single day which is a big deal to someone like me who works about 14 hours with the travel time included. I dont want to get out of the shower and have to turn down my sheets. I really appreciate this extra effort.

I really only have 2 gripes about anything other than the lack of change during breakfast. Every day biscuits and gravy and it gets old real fast. They do change up the eggs but I dont touch those omelets or the egg beaters stuff. Its just nasty. The pancake machine is a nice substitute if it had worked. I spent over 3 weeks here and they couldnt seem to get that fixed or get a new machine.

The other gripe is my company is direct billed to the hotel. But yet they pre-authorized my debit card over $2000. This is just appauling. Had I not had the funds to cover the preauth or had it actually taken this money out of my account I would be livid.

As far as the rooms go. They are nice. I started this trip at the Hampton across the street and after 2 days moved to the Express because the Hamptons beds are horrible. I was able to sleep much better and was overall more comfortable at the HI Express.

All in all its a nice hotel, comfortable, the food is ok but id like to see more change in variety other than just a different type of egg and meat.

Oh and for the love of god, please do something with this elevator. I almost forgot. Absolutely hands down the slowest elevator I have ever been on in my life and dozens and dozens of hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel for the five of us (double queen suite) and were pleasantly surprised with the updated room and bathroom, tastefully decorated, with a little kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and sink...The staff was exceptional, with smiles from everyone - the housekeeper, front desk and the woman in the breakfast area, who even had the chef at the adjacent Holiday Inn prepare pancakes for my son and husband! The pancake maker on the free breakfast bar was out of order and she was kind to bring us freshly made pancakes from the restaurant with no additional charge! A very good choice if staying in Williamsport, centrally located in the downtown with free parking and right across the bridge from the Little League World Series site! We were also pleased with the extended breakfast hours during the week of 6am to 10am...

Room Tip: When traveling in the elevator with front and rear doors, you might end up on the Holiday Inn side i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Watkins Glen, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Prior to booking our hotel, I called an spoke with Nate. He was very friendly and professional. He gave me a lot of information about the hotel, and assured me that there were plenty of things to see and places to eat while we planned our trip.

Ours was a family trip with our five year old and four year old. One of the deciding factors in choosing a hotel, was an indoor pool. The indoor pool at this hotel was alright. There were some tiles missing in the pool, which was concerning. The pool water was also really cold! Sadly there was no hot tub to warm up in, so we only swam for a short period.

Back in our room the television sound only worked on some channels. Not usually a huge deal, but since one of the channels was Nick Jr where the sound didn't work, we had some sad kids.

The sleeping arrangements were comfortable to say the least. We didn't have any problems with noisy neighbors and had a quiet nights sleep.

The continental breakfast in the morning was about as decent of a meal that can be expected. I was very disappointed that the milk I got for my son was expired by several days and was still offered in the fridge.

We probably will try another place the next time we visit Williamsport

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Jannica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our staff friendly and professional. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience the pool and breakfast issue you have encountered may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the second time we stayed here, wasn't planned but weather forced off the road for the night. Nate at the front desk remembered us from 6 moths earlier and was able to provide an outstanding room at a price within our budget. Big thanks!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple